Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?

MDKII
    No, results aren't per-determined.

That is tosh! with due respect
    Your hardly going to agree are you?.

I've witnessed league/results updated before the end of the game at least six times this season alone.

Ever notice how the two top quality teams are in most cases drawn in opposite halves of the knockout stages in competitions.

Why T11 leagues are not rated alphabetically on day one like all other leagues?
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-28-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Apprentice
    It's fixed for sure.

I concur, results might be pre dermined just to make it intresting...throwing some spanners in the work

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmartpeople View Post
    It's fixed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    yeap, i don't think so. i think every minor change we've made in the game contributes to the final result. i would think that the game engine acts like a "real time" simulator based on probability. this probability is based on the squad quality, formation, and possession (percentage of attendance, your and friend's attendance). i would say that the three minutes is the time required by the engine to gather data (check your team's condition, morale, illegal formation) and throw you the "initial condition" of player performance. i notice that with the very same squad you can get different efficiency. one time you might have 10 shots and 9 shots on target but another time you might have 10 shots but only 1 on target. or maybe sometimes your usual key player suddenly plays like crap and never create chances. or maybe you've already experienced how your opponent's defenders that have poor rating and form can always block your crossings, passing, shooting, or dribbling? and sometimes your opponent's goalkeeper can make 5 super saves in the game? i think this form is given at the first minute by the engine but we can change the way the game leads us if we make necessary and important changes throughout the game
    Whilst I agree with much of what you have said there is one major flaw in your analysis.
    That is what determines the game engine to suddenly turn all this info on it's head and spew out some vile results.
    It changes to a rampaging bull elephant charging through logic and turning into inanity.
    "This (IMO) is when I call the game engine a cheat" as it deliberately manipulates what many call a 'shock result'.
    Many of these 'shock results" coming in matches were two legs are needed to determine the result, many of these 'shock results' are disguised IMO where the first leg is shown as maybe 1-0/2-1 to the stronger side when playing away then in the return the weaker side wins the away leg or vice versa.
    As you quite rightly state probability serves as a major factor along with the codes assigned to what I call the fixed factors, condition, moral, win bonus, player quality, overall team quality, supporters and probably a few others, all in all making these 'shock results' all the more surprising.
    One factor I'm starting to question is formations, do counters actually have any affect, how would the game engine for example treat MOM against zonal marking or 4-4-2 against 3-4-3.
    Another factor I've now been checking for three season, goal scoring in competitions, as an example 3 strikers.
    Striker 'A' starts the season playing cup games, striker 'B' starts league games and 'C' CL matches.
    If you check their goals scored stats in my case I find that around the half way stage, the strikers that have been changed from the original competition they started in are very slow in bringing their strike rate into another comp.
    One of my strikers started the cup games when I was knocked out he had scored 6 in 4 for the last game over two legs I brought in my CL top goal scorer with 14 in 6 he also has 10 in 6 in the league, he drew a blank in both legs of the cup, probability of that happening? well 24 in 12 speaks for itself as does 0-2.

We can only form opinions based on our own experiences but by pooling those experiences; a better insight as to how the engine determines results.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

Rookie
    IMO, I think it's surely fixed. I've tried to play a friendly match between my two teams (just call A ad B team). It was 1-0 for A at the 60th minute, so I have put a ST subtituted for the GK of team A. What do you think ? With 20 minute left, team B could not score a goal and was lost 1 more. Remember that team B's quality is better (23.4) than team A (15.6) and both team played with the same formation and tactics (4-5-1V motivation with normal mental). After the match, the subtituted ST'mark was 8 lol.
    I hope some of you would try more to have the exact answer.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    No, results aren't per-determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    That is tosh! with due respect
    Your hardly going to agree are you?.

I've witnessed league/results updated before the end of the game at least six times this season alone.

Ever notice how the two top quality teams are in most cases drawn in opposite halves of the knockout stages in competitions.

Why T11 leagues are not rated alphabetically on day one like all other leagues?
    Ok, Mr. Administrator, can you explain about this fact?

I today substituted on of my midfielders in a cup match,Justino on for Mensah, Justino scored 2 goals in the space of 6 mins, Something that Mensah is quite clearly capable of doing so in a normal game, so maybe Mensah was due to score 2 goals in the game, I'd like to see a player that comes on for an Injured player and score or assist another player afterwards.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

MDKII
    Quote Originally Posted by dulipat View Post
    Ok, Mr. Administrator, can you explain about this fact?
    With all due respect to both yourself and Accyrover, that's not a fact, but anecdotal evidence at best.

I actually asked around today whether results were pre-determined. I assumed they weren't, but asked anyway on the off-chance that I was wrong. What happened two weeks ago when all the matches were "simulated" is a feature that exists, primarily for testing purposes, but it's not something that should happen on the Live servers. It sadly did, but the matches were still calculated then, taking all available variables into account. When matches are actually played Live, it takes into account you watching it, substitutions, additional supporters and other factors.

Results aren't pre-determined.

I know conspiracy theories are fun, and I've read a good deal of them here so far (as well as on other game forums I've taken part in as a member), but in the end, it's my word against whoever claims otherwise. If you don't want to believe an official answer on a subject, then there's nothing I can really say, is there?

I'm sorry to read your reply MDKII.
    So you are alleging that I'm falsifying my post to form some sort of conspiracy, (anecdotal) is that correct?

Perhaps if you read other posts on this subject you would know that dv8r has seem the same updates on his server Re. results.

Guess we are both seeing the mirage then.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 01-28-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast