Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How are results determined?

Famous
    Good thread, some decent insights.
    So.....if a game result is predetermined then what happens if, right after kick off, you move all your team out of position and play an illegal formation I wonder? Could you still win, as that was what was going to happen anyway?
    Already played a game today, but will try this in the league tomorrow and get back to you.

Once I scheduled a friendly by mistake and I tried hard to lose in order to not upset my unaware friend even more.

He had a stronger team and as soon as the game started I subbed all my players replacing them with the poorest I had and in illegal formations...

The worst I played the more I would come back and score goals, game went into extra time, penalties and his team finally won.

But guess what, penalties were already scored if you watched the game elsewhere, exit and return immediately.

Seems pretty much decided from start to me. The penalties are for sure.

It would be nice if someone records it in video before they no longer let you see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Miller View Post
    Make your mind up. you said in your earlier post that things you do in the commentary affect the commentary? and in this post you say the game freezes to simulate the game. Contradiction in a nutshell ?
    not at all. you read it wrong. once the game is simulated during the 3 min freeze before the game, the commentary is live and reacts to the changes you made...the result will still be the same, but when you make a substitution, the player B will show in the commentary instead of the player A. so thats the only way you can affect the commentary.

For once, I agree with Marc S. he finally gets it. we disagree on tanking, but thats for another day. but kudos to you MS.

So if I start playing with 4-4-2 and after the half time change my formation to 3-5-2 then 4-4-2 and starting eleven players are all that matters.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cursed View Post
    So if I start playing with 4-4-2 and after the half time change my formation to 3-5-2 then 4-4-2 and starting eleven players are all that matters.
    Seems to be the feeling, although it's difficult to prove. A game I played the other day where I was 3-0 up at half time and coasting, I had the better team, more possession, no opponent present, didn't change a thing and lost 4-3, shows how random the game 'generator' can be.
    Tomorrow I'm playing a team with almost the same rating, so I'm gonna change it drastically during the game then change it back again, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Seems to be the feeling, although it's difficult to prove. A game I played the other day where I was 3-0 up at half time and coasting, I had the better team, more possession, no opponent present, didn't change a thing and lost 4-3, shows how random the game 'generator' can be.
    Tomorrow I'm playing a team with almost the same rating, so I'm gonna change it drastically during the game then change it back again, see what happens.
    Agree, match engine is way too random.

I was first till 8th fixture then lost 3 games in row from weaker teams that is on mid-bottom of league by 1-0 and today i beat guy that was first 5-0 also weaker then I. I have best squad in league.
    Last edited by kuky_k; 01-25-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cursed View Post
    IMO Yes...... The 11 players in or 4-4-2 Will determine the game result and when u Mae a sub, only his name will appear in the commentary instead of the other player in the 4-4-2 and he will do what the previous layer was supposed to do. Like if u have a player A in 4-4-2 and the NGE decides that he is to score a goal at 55th minute and will contribute to ur already decided suppose 2-0 win. But u sub that player out for player B before the 55th minute, player B will score the goal which player A was supposed to score. So managers think they made a good sub but actually no matter who was in that position, he would have scored anyways. So anyways they would have got that 1 goal even without the sub, from the previous player itself. And this also explains why being 1 or 2 players down has no effect on the game, coz the result is already decided. And so for injuries. If player A was to get injured at 60th minute and u sub him out for player B, player B will be the one injured.
    And all these things fool managers thinking that they control the game and their subs score when they are put on and blah blah but actually all is decided in those 3 minutes before game. So watching it not watching also doesn't make a difference......

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I am not so sure, really I don't think it's predetermined.

I have made subs and changes that have lost me games, I am convinced of it. Especially on my baby 35T team, when I over manage I LOSE. Changing formation also seems to be a bad idea most of the time.

I also think being there makes a difference (not necessarily for the better as I just said though) I have made subs for injured guys that scored and won games for me.. how could that be predecided>? and I have felt that some orders changes have had impacts as well.

Rvgtje, plaats dan in het Engels
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 01-26-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good thread, some decent insights.
    So.....if a game result is predetermined then what happens if, right after kick off, you move all your team out of position and play an illegal formation I wonder? Could you still win, as that was what was going to happen anyway?
    Already played a game today, but will try this in the league tomorrow and get back to you.
    I was coming to post the same !
    We need more test with different levels,different Tactics !

Banned
    Hmm, may be there are two time marks when the match is predetermined. First, around kick off. Second, around 51st minute.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast