Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How are results determined?

  1. #11
    Pro littledude072's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hiigara
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by kuky_k View Post
    Tell me then if i change player and he scored how did game know i will change him in future? You are talking crap or they invented time machine.

    Its not game where you need to play or something, this is only game of numbers. You create random number generator and let him too choose who will win and wich player will score. If you have better player you have more chance to win and thats it.

    And formation have nothing to do with win. Its not first time i counterd weaker team and then lost.
    id go with time machines, theyre more reasonable
    heres a note from the top of my head. EVERY rant where players complain about losing upon disconnect ranted here. havent seen a person rant because the person was losing, disconnected, then lost some more

    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    This probably one of the reasons Why you cant do any change in the last 3 minutes before the start of the game. Result simulating.
    man, starting to make sense
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

    i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

    The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

  2. #12
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,672
    But if game is simulated before the match.... game do some posible simulations, becacuse, If you play, and you are winning 3-0, game crashes, and when you login to the game again, you see a 1-1....¿? ...the game do 2 simulations? nope. That's an error. Game do the simulation when match start, and depending of what you decide, subs' etc... at the end of the match, the server save the result.
    the second option, is that an error of conection can happen during the match, thats a problem of facebook, not nordeus, so in this situation, result can not be saved, and theres a simulation that the game do.
    The only thing I think that can be pre-programmed by game is the probably of injuries, what players are more agressive, that, depending of last matches, with the idea to do matches with some variables.
    That's what I think. well, the 1/2 lol

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    As a game designer of 8 years i can tell you that you are wrong. Players, Tactics and formations etc do have an impact on results. Once the game has commenced however it is extremely likely that the result has already been simulated and the games commentary is simply for effect.
    simple question: did you help design this game?? if so, you need to do more work on this because it reeks of amateurism, and its not your fault, but those of the whole programming team. if not, then, you have no clue as to the code and what they use to determine their results. we can speculate all we want, but without actual hands on knowledge or at least an insider giving info, we have nothing but speculation.

    I cant stop reading this stuff because its very interesting how these companies use time and pressure tactics to force you to spend money and by game manipulation they do this. look at C@ndy Crush saga, they use the time tactics to force you to buy and it works...too good. its very addictive and makes a ****load of money. this game uses the same tactics with the auctions.

    point is, the things you do during the commentary affect the commentary, based on what has been posted here. there are too many strange things to think that this is a real time game.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    This probably one of the reasons Why you cant do any change in the last 3 minutes before the start of the game. Result simulating.
    exactly. they freeze the game a few minutes before to produce the simulation. the commentary is done real time based on the results. if this game was completely real time, there would be no need to freeze the game 3-4 mins before the start. thats the smoking gun right there.

  5. #15
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    This probably one of the reasons Why you cant do any change in the last 3 minutes before the start of the game. Result simulating.
    By far the best explanation for those 3 minutes I have ever read!!!! Kinda perfect explanation, and it might be true as well!!!!!


    Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

    http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

    P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

  6. #16
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I will give you 3 letters.... RNG
    LOLs So true..... That is the magic of Java and other Object Oriented Prog Languages.......


    Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

    http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

    P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

  7. #17
    Famous Qambu Yaasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,198
    What I do believe is that the result of the game is simulated based on the starting 11 you put out and the orders you set. This explains why sometimes you can never score after you make substitutions when you are 4-5 nil up by the 50th minute. Once you make a substitution, the game engine has to make a recalculation that may or may not skew the result.

    I don't expect the game engine to rival Football Manager or Championship Manager as this is a web based game. I have low expectations on the logic of the game so I am easily contented. It's still a fun game to play for me, regardless of the ****ty results that could occur.
    Cat Harrison, jey2208 and gazza like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

    Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

  8. #18
    Dreamer Marc Symons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    487
    Lets get this straight i said "Its extremely LIKELY that the result is simulated before the game". I didn't say is definetly is.
    Lets for arguments sake say that the result is simulated before Kickoff, It simulates a 3-0 result and picks 3 times 20Th min, 45th min, and the 90th min. The game starts and the commentary kicks in. Now the commentary has a set amount of different scenarios and they are left with gaps in them, those gaps are generated at the time at which each piece of commentary is randomly selected and players currently on the pitch are put into those gaps. you make subs in the 70th min and the goal in the 90th min goes in and the commentary is randomly generated and again players currently on the pitch is selected to fill the gaps.

    This is how a game that uses a system that simulates the result before a game works.

    On the other hand T11 may not use this system and it is more difficult but very possible to let the game simulate as it goes. However if this did happen i would expect different results to what i see. For example, often my opposition has a player sent of and 2 injured and he is not watching the game and no subs are made. I do for some reason not start running away with the game? This is one POSSIBILITY how games could be pre-simulated. Again these are theories not facts.

    SOURCE: Distinction in game engines: subject - Football Manager.

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    exactly. they freeze the game a few minutes before to produce the simulation. the commentary is done real time based on the results. if this game was completely real time, there would be no need to freeze the game 3-4 mins before the start. thats the smoking gun right there.
    Make your mind up. you said in your earlier post that things you do in the commentary affect the commentary? and in this post you say the game freezes to simulate the game. Contradiction in a nutshell ?

  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by kuky_k View Post
    Tell me then if i change player and he scored how did game know i will change him in future? You are talking crap or they invented time machine.

    Its not game where you need to play or something, this is only game of numbers. You create random number generator and let him too choose who will win and wich player will score. If you have better player you have more chance to win and thats it.

    And formation have nothing to do with win. Its not first time i counterd weaker team and then lost.
    It should not be too far-fetched to think that there may be an algorithm that dictates that a player in that STARTING position would score, meaning to say... er I'll just give an example:

    Paul Scholes is your starting AMC.
    Halfway through, you sub him because you think he's been pathetic.
    You bring in an SC, Gonzalo Higuain.
    You move Higuain from AMC to SC.
    Higuain scores.

    Now what if that switch that you just made, from AMC to SC, didn't matter? What if the AMC ie. Paul Scholes, would have scored anyways irrespective of the change because it's just been simulated pre-game that way?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast