Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 'Ask the devs' questions in here.

im hanging on a rusted thread with this...
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Can anyone help with question 7? The devs have asked for the question to be more specific. Think the question was from littledude.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    Can anyone help with question 7? The devs have asked for the question to be more specific. Think the question was from littledude.
    Its about the max integer bid...In which your money deposit does not increases after it reaches 2.14 billion...And many managers how have large amount of tokens are exploiting this to gain 2.14 billion money illegally by bidding on a player...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yeah he and I both feel strongly about that one.. Basically, what SSS said, along with the flipside of it, managers genuinely selling players and getting 0 when they are at the money limit.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks guys

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #186
    McS
    Hey all,

I'm aware it took waaay longer that it should have, but the answers to all your questions for the devs are finally here. I apologise on behalf of the team here for the incredible delay, but there's been a lot of different factors involved, including MDKII leaving the forum, some key people on holidays, etc.

Hopefully getting the answers to Ask the Devs is only the first of many due improvements, we hope to be more present on the forum and get to answer more of your queries.. but for the moment, I hope you'll find the answers below useful. Thanks for your patience!

1 - Are special ability useful...Last time developers said yes they are useful when they kick in...
    Now the question is when do they kick in and whats the % chance of them kicking in ???
    Yes, they are but there is no % chance and when the appropriate situation arises it will always kick in. For example penalty kick special ability is useful only when the penalty kick is awarded and if player has that special ability.

2 - Tell us in some detail about the game engine so that we can plan accordingly and thus the game will become more interesting and competitive...
    We think that if we reveal more it would result with a less interesting player experience.

3 - Does the passing, focus, tackling, pressing, marking style and focus passing has any effect on the game result...
    Because I used narrow diamond with passing down the flanks and I beat him 6-0 and then I used narrow diamond against the same team with passing through the middle and I beat him only 3-0...

Using the same tactics and formation doesn't mean that the score will be the same. Every match is unique. Just like in real football matches.

4 - Do ARROWS have any effect in the game and if they do what arrow does what???
    Yes, they have and they affect player's behavior. red arrows - player will play more offensively, blue arrows - he will be more focused on defense.

5 - How are results determined and when? explain us how many simulation the nge does and how much every factor influence the game...
    Match outcome is not determined, it's a result of all actions on the pitch. T11 is simulated in real time and everything you do during the game has an impact on your team’s performance. But keep in mind that there are 2 teams on the pitch during the whole match with different formations, players and orders.

6 - are there some players marked from the nge as ducks? like if we buy a 5* that in reality is considered a 2* or so... and thats why will always play bad?
    5 star players should always behave on that quality level, as stars take into account all of their abilities and preferences.

7 - what happens during a max integer bid? what actions have they taken against the users?
    Price in $ stays the same and only tokens matter.

8 - so I just want devs to improve a mobile version, it's still lacks features
    We are constantly working on it to improve all versions of Top Eleven with paying special attention on our mobile version.

9 - how can there be no saves when there are 10-15 shots and of them, 3-5 shots on target? hard to believe all were blocked.
    Saves are only counted when the goalkeeper was forced to stop a possible goal. Defenders blocking shots happens quite often in real football too.

10 - how can a GK have a rating of 4 when my team wins 4-0 and yet the opponents GK get a rating of 8 despite losing 4 goals and when both GK's made 1 save each?
    It’s quite a rare case and we are looking into it.

11 - how does a manager win while playing with an illegal formation and only 20% possession?
    An Illegal formation gives you 20% of ball possession, but it doesn't automatically mean that you are going to be defeated. For example when Barcelona played Granada: Granada v Barcelona Match stats - Goal.com

12 - What about relevant stats for GK? so far they are lumped in with regular players
    it’s complicated, but still we would like to improve this in the future.

13 - When will Negotiations be available on Android?
    We don’t have exact date yet, but we are working hard on our goal of having all features on all platforms.

14 - When will changing names of players cost 0 Tokens?
    We are evaluating the options but cannot give you a definitive answer on that yet.

15 - When will the number of Ts needed for changing stadium name be reduced from 5T to 1T?
    Like with cost of name change there are various elements to consider, we don’t have a timeline for this yet.

16 - why did they bring in new Transfer market without prior warning compared to other updates that they proposed
    We are constantly trying to improve the gaming experience everywhere in the game. One way of doing this is to test a new feature only in some servers and analyse gamers behaviour. The idea here is to provide better players in average through the day and the season.

17 - Are special abilities in "hidden mode" by default in all players, without have the icon of special ability? (that's a yeah, I know if there's no icon/pic of special ability, we have to discover it)
    No, they are not. Special abilities are visible and transparent.

18 - Does STRETCHING before match decreases the chance of injuries and if yes then by how much % ???
    The likelihood of injury is influenced by various factors and finding out how it all works is the mark of a true expert.

19 - Does MATCH PRACTICE before match increases the chance of winning and if yes then by how much % ???
    Any training increases your team's quality, so chances to win are higher. Besides that, winning and losing is determined by other factors, so match practice cannot be the crucial one.

20 - Does the engine decided to injure players that are crucial to our teams, or is it totally random?
    Many factors are involved; you can however imagine how injuries are more likely to happen to players that are playing more often, and good players tends to be used more often than average ones, don’t they?

21 - Do you tweak formations throughout the game? For example 4-5-1V used to dominate most others, now it seems like the standard 4-4-2 has increased in power, and I could say the same about the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond.
    We are constantly working on improving and optimizing the whole game, live match being the part of it. It is very important for us to have realistic and well-balanced live match, formations being part of it.

22 - can you explain why double corners seem to lead to a goal 99% of the time?
    We cannot verify that statistic, it must have been coincidence.

23 - does aerial defender SA give the player an increased chance of scoring headers?
    No, it’s a defensive trait.

24 - I'd like to ask if the captain has a great influence in my team.
    Yes, but consider that the captain’s influence is only one of many factors.

25 - Does WIN BONUS has any effect in the game ?
    Yes, your team is more motivated and chances to avoid bad result are lower. But keep in mind that opponent can motivate players in the same way.

26 - Do Offisde trap really working? and How do Offside trap work?
    Yes, it works, but we decided to not show offsides and goals cancelled because of offside in Top Eleven in order to avoid confusion and frustration.

27 - Why cannot the substitutions for a hurt player (especially the Keeper!) take less time?
    We need to wait for the ball to be out of play. In real life this happens a bit faster as players kick the ball out.

28 - Could we possibly have a way to see our server name/title?
    This would mean we could make a list of sorts of forum players on each server - managers could buy and sell players with each other and find friends on the same server
    We are working on removing all technical barriers, so players can play the game together.

29 - Will there be a new 'create your own jersey/emblem contest' soon?
    Yes, we are planning it, and expect it very soon.

30 - What are the disadvantages of positioning a player out of his position ???
    Which one is better - To play a 4 star player in position or a 5 star player out of position ???
    A player in the wrong position won’t play at his full potential and there will be less cohesion with the rest of the team. Of course a bigger difference between positions will have a bigger impact.

31 - Which effect the game result????
    Team Quality/ formation/ SA/ Morale/ condition/ Home & Away/ Manager Presentor Not/ Training before match/ last games performances/
    Facilities/ win bonus/ substitutes/ time spent on game/ ... ???

A lot of various factors influence the match outcome and we think that revealing all of them (or which of them is more important) will make the game less interesting.

32 - Which effect the injuries most??
    Condition/ morale/ training/ phy & mental Q/ ...???

Again a lot of various factors are involved, we can’t say more

33 - Does watching your game gives any extra advantage to your team apart from 8% ball possession...If yes then what are the other advantages ???
    Yes, you can influence the game by making substitutions and by changing tactics during the Live Match.

34 - why do Dev`s never reply on forum and give MDKII a break ?? oh wait why does it take so long for MDKII to respond not just here but Bugs and tech issue`s forumx
    This forum is for players to share experiences, tips, etc. Of course there is a need for moderators but the focus is on players. That said, devs receive regular reports on any feedback expressed here by players.

35 - if they are going to further improve the fixtures timing to include time zones to make home matches watcheable for all?
    It's already done. Home team is always priority when it comes to timing. But anyway, even taking that into consideration we are trying to find the best possible solution for both teams.

37 - Where are the logs about game changes?
    Both Top Eleven's Official Facebook Page and the News section of TopEleven.com post all information about any new features and change.

38 - I would like Nordues to allow me to disable the mourihno option. I want the choice to not read his little advices.
    At this moment there is no option for turning advices off. You can however remove Mourinho from friends list.

39 - I want to ask on behalf of T buyers, when will scouts of 18 year of age be available in the scout list???
    This depends on number of other improvements, as we don’t want to be unfair to managers who train their youngsters.

40 - Why has MDKII left the forum?
    We want to be respectful of his privacy, so we cannot answer this question.

41 - how and when some Special Abilities such as "playmaker" play a part in the game?
    During the LM, the playmaker chooses the best possible option to pass the ball. But in order for the ability to work you also need the proper situation to happen.
    Mr. Marco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by McS View Post
    Hey all,

I'm aware it took waaay longer that it should have, but the answers to all your questions for the devs are finally here. I apologise on behalf of the team here for the incredible delay, but there's been a lot of different factors involved, including MDKII leaving the forum, some key people on holidays, etc.

Hopefully getting the answers to Ask the Devs is only the first of many due improvements, we hope to be more present on the forum and get to answer more of your queries.. but for the moment, I hope you'll find the answers below useful. Thanks for your patience!

1 - Are special ability useful...Last time developers said yes they are useful when they kick in...
    Now the question is when do they kick in and whats the % chance of them kicking in ???
    Yes, they are but there is no % chance and when the appropriate situation arises it will always kick in. For example penalty kick special ability is useful only when the penalty kick is awarded and if player has that special ability.

2 - Tell us in some detail about the game engine so that we can plan accordingly and thus the game will become more interesting and competitive...
    We think that if we reveal more it would result with a less interesting player experience.

3 - Does the passing, focus, tackling, pressing, marking style and focus passing has any effect on the game result...
    Because I used narrow diamond with passing down the flanks and I beat him 6-0 and then I used narrow diamond against the same team with passing through the middle and I beat him only 3-0...

Using the same tactics and formation doesn't mean that the score will be the same. Every match is unique. Just like in real football matches.

4 - Do ARROWS have any effect in the game and if they do what arrow does what???
    Yes, they have and they affect player's behavior. red arrows - player will play more offensively, blue arrows - he will be more focused on defense.

5 - How are results determined and when? explain us how many simulation the nge does and how much every factor influence the game...
    Match outcome is not determined, it's a result of all actions on the pitch. T11 is simulated in real time and everything you do during the game has an impact on your team’s performance. But keep in mind that there are 2 teams on the pitch during the whole match with different formations, players and orders.

6 - are there some players marked from the nge as ducks? like if we buy a 5* that in reality is considered a 2* or so... and thats why will always play bad?
    5 star players should always behave on that quality level, as stars take into account all of their abilities and preferences.

7 - what happens during a max integer bid? what actions have they taken against the users?
    Price in $ stays the same and only tokens matter.

8 - so I just want devs to improve a mobile version, it's still lacks features
    We are constantly working on it to improve all versions of Top Eleven with paying special attention on our mobile version.

9 - how can there be no saves when there are 10-15 shots and of them, 3-5 shots on target? hard to believe all were blocked.
    Saves are only counted when the goalkeeper was forced to stop a possible goal. Defenders blocking shots happens quite often in real football too.

10 - how can a GK have a rating of 4 when my team wins 4-0 and yet the opponents GK get a rating of 8 despite losing 4 goals and when both GK's made 1 save each?
    It’s quite a rare case and we are looking into it.

11 - how does a manager win while playing with an illegal formation and only 20% possession?
    An Illegal formation gives you 20% of ball possession, but it doesn't automatically mean that you are going to be defeated. For example when Barcelona played Granada: Granada v Barcelona Match stats - Goal.com

12 - What about relevant stats for GK? so far they are lumped in with regular players
    it’s complicated, but still we would like to improve this in the future.

13 - When will Negotiations be available on Android?
    We don’t have exact date yet, but we are working hard on our goal of having all features on all platforms.

14 - When will changing names of players cost 0 Tokens?
    We are evaluating the options but cannot give you a definitive answer on that yet.

15 - When will the number of Ts needed for changing stadium name be reduced from 5T to 1T?
    Like with cost of name change there are various elements to consider, we don’t have a timeline for this yet.

16 - why did they bring in new Transfer market without prior warning compared to other updates that they proposed
    We are constantly trying to improve the gaming experience everywhere in the game. One way of doing this is to test a new feature only in some servers and analyse gamers behaviour. The idea here is to provide better players in average through the day and the season.

17 - Are special abilities in "hidden mode" by default in all players, without have the icon of special ability? (that's a yeah, I know if there's no icon/pic of special ability, we have to discover it)
    No, they are not. Special abilities are visible and transparent.

18 - Does STRETCHING before match decreases the chance of injuries and if yes then by how much % ???
    The likelihood of injury is influenced by various factors and finding out how it all works is the mark of a true expert.

19 - Does MATCH PRACTICE before match increases the chance of winning and if yes then by how much % ???
    Any training increases your team's quality, so chances to win are higher. Besides that, winning and losing is determined by other factors, so match practice cannot be the crucial one.

20 - Does the engine decided to injure players that are crucial to our teams, or is it totally random?
    Many factors are involved; you can however imagine how injuries are more likely to happen to players that are playing more often, and good players tends to be used more often than average ones, don’t they?

21 - Do you tweak formations throughout the game? For example 4-5-1V used to dominate most others, now it seems like the standard 4-4-2 has increased in power, and I could say the same about the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond.
    We are constantly working on improving and optimizing the whole game, live match being the part of it. It is very important for us to have realistic and well-balanced live match, formations being part of it.

22 - can you explain why double corners seem to lead to a goal 99% of the time?
    We cannot verify that statistic, it must have been coincidence.

23 - does aerial defender SA give the player an increased chance of scoring headers?
    No, it’s a defensive trait.

24 - I'd like to ask if the captain has a great influence in my team.
    Yes, but consider that the captain’s influence is only one of many factors.

25 - Does WIN BONUS has any effect in the game ?
    Yes, your team is more motivated and chances to avoid bad result are lower. But keep in mind that opponent can motivate players in the same way.

26 - Do Offisde trap really working? and How do Offside trap work?
    Yes, it works, but we decided to not show offsides and goals cancelled because of offside in Top Eleven in order to avoid confusion and frustration.

27 - Why cannot the substitutions for a hurt player (especially the Keeper!) take less time?
    We need to wait for the ball to be out of play. In real life this happens a bit faster as players kick the ball out.

28 - Could we possibly have a way to see our server name/title?
    This would mean we could make a list of sorts of forum players on each server - managers could buy and sell players with each other and find friends on the same server
    We are working on removing all technical barriers, so players can play the game together.

29 - Will there be a new 'create your own jersey/emblem contest' soon?
    Yes, we are planning it, and expect it very soon.

30 - What are the disadvantages of positioning a player out of his position ???
    Which one is better - To play a 4 star player in position or a 5 star player out of position ???
    A player in the wrong position won’t play at his full potential and there will be less cohesion with the rest of the team. Of course a bigger difference between positions will have a bigger impact.

31 - Which effect the game result????
    Team Quality/ formation/ SA/ Morale/ condition/ Home & Away/ Manager Presentor Not/ Training before match/ last games performances/
    Facilities/ win bonus/ substitutes/ time spent on game/ ... ???

A lot of various factors influence the match outcome and we think that revealing all of them (or which of them is more important) will make the game less interesting.

32 - Which effect the injuries most??
    Condition/ morale/ training/ phy & mental Q/ ...???

Again a lot of various factors are involved, we can’t say more

33 - Does watching your game gives any extra advantage to your team apart from 8% ball possession...If yes then what are the other advantages ???
    Yes, you can influence the game by making substitutions and by changing tactics during the Live Match.

34 - why do Dev`s never reply on forum and give MDKII a break ?? oh wait why does it take so long for MDKII to respond not just here but Bugs and tech issue`s forumx
    This forum is for players to share experiences, tips, etc. Of course there is a need for moderators but the focus is on players. That said, devs receive regular reports on any feedback expressed here by players.

35 - if they are going to further improve the fixtures timing to include time zones to make home matches watcheable for all?
    It's already done. Home team is always priority when it comes to timing. But anyway, even taking that into consideration we are trying to find the best possible solution for both teams.

37 - Where are the logs about game changes?
    Both Top Eleven's Official Facebook Page and the News section of TopEleven.com post all information about any new features and change.

38 - I would like Nordues to allow me to disable the mourihno option. I want the choice to not read his little advices.
    At this moment there is no option for turning advices off. You can however remove Mourinho from friends list.

39 - I want to ask on behalf of T buyers, when will scouts of 18 year of age be available in the scout list???
    This depends on number of other improvements, as we don’t want to be unfair to managers who train their youngsters.

40 - Why has MDKII left the forum?
    We want to be respectful of his privacy, so we cannot answer this question.

41 - how and when some Special Abilities such as "playmaker" play a part in the game?
    During the LM, the playmaker chooses the best possible option to pass the ball. But in order for the ability to work you also need the proper situation to happen.
    I learned absolutely nothing new. Kinda useless answers... as always.

The devs needed months to come up with this answers?????

Devs rarely provide detail on Game Engine functions. Hardly a surprise.

Got to say, not a lot has been learned from those questions. Token answers which I feel I could have answered on behalf of the devs in all honesty.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast