Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do player ratings matter?

Do player ratings matter?

My 4-star GK keeps giving me match ratings of 4s and 5s while my 3-star GK gives me consistent performances of 7s and 8s. So I wonder, how important are these ratings? Do they really reflect bad forms of a player or are they just meaningless numbers? And if they do matter, how can I change their form? The 4-star GK rarely gives me an 8 or a 9, but he is indeed better (in terms of skills) than my 3-star GK - so who should I stick with?

Please don't say it's the morale, both GKs have perfectly green morale...

I've found that GKs can get 4/5/6 rating even when they've kept a clean sheet, purely because they've had nothing to do all game - the oppo's shots have all been off target, or my defence has been too strong for him to get shots off.

I've found that GKs only get 8/9 ratings when they've had to make lots of saves, which is a bad thing.

I'd only worry if he's getting a bad rating because he's not making any saves, and letting loads of goals in, in which case, sub him and play your back up, he's probably on a bad run of form.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 02-16-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

dont worry about player ratings, ratings is a lie
    Sxrenity and Chester FC like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I think they do, I played a cup match today, My opponent team had 5 players missing so I new he the computer would automaticly select his subs as replacements, he was level 9 I am L7, most of his sub team players where lower or about the same as the team I put out(my weaker team). but he did have two very good players his goal keeper and a midfielder who where both 63 and 62 , which I can not reach yet on my level, anyway the game was at a stupid time in the morning so I did not watch it!, I get up today check my results and find I lost 3 -0 and was 3 down after 20mins, got a player injured early in the second half so was playing with 10 men because Id forgotton to set me subs, there was no one watching the game! so this tells me I have lost the match mainly because he had to very good players in his team that I can not get yet.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewis View Post
    My 4-star GK keeps giving me match ratings of 4s and 5s while my 3-star GK gives me consistent performances of 7s and 8s. So I wonder, how important are these ratings? Do they really reflect bad forms of a player or are they just meaningless numbers? And if they do matter, how can I change their form? The 4-star GK rarely gives me an 8 or a 9, but he is indeed better (in terms of skills) than my 3-star GK - so who should I stick with?

Please don't say it's the morale, both GKs have perfectly green morale...
    No one knows, there's no reliable manual and they won't disclose any infos about how the game works, you can only guess and believe.

It's all obscure, repressive and mysterious and you can get banned if you point the obvious, even in an educated manner or your posts will be moved to "venting threads".

Banned
    Rating do matter its quite clear if you try to analyse it with player performance in the match...In fact it is one the few things that are real in the game...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    I think they do, I played a cup match today, My opponent team had 5 players missing so I new he the computer would automaticly select his subs as replacements, he was level 9 I am L7, most of his sub team players where lower or about the same as the team I put out(my weaker team). but he did have two very good players his goal keeper and a midfielder who where both 63 and 62 , which I can not reach yet on my level, anyway the game was at a stupid time in the morning so I did not watch it!, I get up today check my results and find I lost 3 -0 and was 3 down after 20mins, got a player injured early in the second half so was playing with 10 men because Id forgotton to set me subs, there was no one watching the game! so this tells me I have lost the match mainly because he had to very good players in his team that I can not get yet.
    Hey skidz I think he is talking about match rating not player rating...Match rating matter but I don't think that player rating matters a lot because he can be badly programmed player who will play badly no matter what his rating is...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Rating do matter its quite clear if you try to analyse it with player performance in the match...In fact it is one the few things that are real in the game...
    Would you elaborate please? 'cos I am not losing any match from the "poor" performance by my GK, he's not making any major mistakes (as far as I can tell) but it's just his ratings are at 4 and 5 all the time...

He's getting bad ratings because he hasn't had to make saves.
    The only time keepers will get 8/9 ratings is if the opposition have had a good amount of shots on target and your keeper has had to make crucial saves.

...which is a bad thing, you want a solid defence, so if your keeper doesn't need to make any saves and gets a 5 rating, don't worry.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 02-16-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    dont worry about player ratings, ratings is a lie
    agree, rating is a lie

my AMC/AMR
    game 1 - had 1 assist - rating 5
    game 2 - 2 goals - rat 6
    g3 - 1 g, 1 as - rat 5
    g4 - 1 as - rat 4
    g5 - 1 g - rat 5
    and jump...
    g6 - 1 g, 1 as - rat 7
    g7 - rat 7