Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity

My auction server has gone mental today!!!...just goes to show that waiting a few days as i do is best imo...
    shwanko07 likes this.
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

Awesome. I love these players. Especially Kenan. He bidded for 2 players concurrently with huge numbers of tokens spent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity-untitled1.jpg   that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity-untitled1.jpg  

I love this thread, it makes me feel great because:

A) I got 3 players just away from scout level on day one, for 8 tokens total

B) It reminds me why I have a token limit, and that losing a few tokens and a player you want is better than losing XXX tokens and overpaying for players until you are in debt

C) well,it's just damn funny!
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Apprentice
    Reminds me of people bidding on eBay until the 2nd hand item from some random guy becomes more expensive than brand new from the shop.

Auctions are obviously the work of Satan!
    shwanko07, SimplySimon and magic3 like this.

this is what i usually do

1. Assess how many bidders and look at their squads (sometimes weaker teams will still try to outbid you because they're stupid and want to get one over you but most of the time others are smart and know they can't throw there tokens to waste)

2. 25 tokens is the cut off for bidding on a player since its half the amount on a scout.

3.18-19 yr olds are worth upto 20-25 tokens early, most of the time I'll get them cheaper for half that amount and even sometimes on 1 token.

4. 18-19yr olds with a SA you can go slightly over but only if the SA works with their position.

5. Older players arent worth using that many tokens unless he's close to 6* and has a SA. No SA use in between 15-20 tokens.

6. Veterans 26yr olds and over don't go above 15 tokens because its a waste.

7. Also it may depend on what lv and server you are and also real time when less people are on usually the bidders aren't around but that's changed abit now.

All the above is what I usually do but I get tokens from offers most days over the season. $$$ is a bigger problem for me than tokens, I spend 1 token on free agents so I can get $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by casperâ„¢ View Post
    Ok, isn't the worst/hard auction I've seen until today (in this one, I quit after the 10th round), but double the value from a player after almost 40 tokens? Come on people, this is a little insane, don't You think?

99% positive he's a lemon. Fast trainers 18-19 yo of that quality have between 12-15m value.
    A 19 yo of 7m value is an epic fail for that amount.
    Haroon Bhatti and SimplySimon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stive08 View Post
    this is what i usually do

1. Assess how many bidders and look at their squads (sometimes weaker teams will still try to outbid you because they're stupid and want to get one over you but most of the time others are smart and know they can't throw there tokens to waste)

2. 25 tokens is the cut off for bidding on a player since its half the amount on a scout.

3.18-19 yr olds are worth upto 20-25 tokens early, most of the time I'll get them cheaper for half that amount and even sometimes on 1 token.

4. 18-19yr olds with a SA you can go slightly over but only if the SA works with their position.

5. Older players arent worth using that many tokens unless he's close to 6* and has a SA. No SA use in between 15-20 tokens.

6. Veterans 26yr olds and over don't go above 15 tokens because its a waste.

7. Also it may depend on what lv and server you are and also real time when less people are on usually the bidders aren't around but that's changed abit now.

All the above is what I usually do but I get tokens from offers most days over the season. $$$ is a bigger problem for me than tokens, I spend 1 token on free agents so I can get $$$.
    I limit to 7/8 tokens, because you could in theory lose a lot if you go up to 20/25 against people who spend big money on the game and I still rarely lose a player

That also means more tokens in reserve to buy $$, which I did for the first time in two seasons this time

If you are at a much higher level, you may need to spend a few more of course
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    I limit to 7/8 tokens, because you could in theory lose a lot if you go up to 20/25 against people who spend big money on the game and I still rarely lose a player

That also means more tokens in reserve to buy $$, which I did for the first time in two seasons this time

If you are at a much higher level, you may need to spend a few more of course
    Well I'm pretty high lv which sometimes their isn't any good young players on the market so you have to go over 7-8 tokens otherwise throughout the season you'll end up wasting more on bidding players and not getting any of them.

Don't waste tokens on $$$ use them on free agents and then resell, through out the whole season you should get enough Boosters aswell. There's no reason to spend on this game when I challenge all the teams that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stive08 View Post
    Don't waste tokens on $$$ use them on free agents and then resell, through out the whole season you should get enough Boosters aswell. There's no reason to spend on this game when I challenge all the teams that do.
    Usually I would do that, but I slapped bids on five players I wanted on the first day and won 3 at about $10m each (to put that in context, my entire squad of 22 players is worth just under $100m)

That meant I was in debt, so I couldn't even bid for freebies!
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Usually I would do that, but I slapped bids on five players I wanted on the first day and won 3 at about $10m each (to put that in context, my entire squad of 22 players is worth just under $100m)

That meant I was in debt, so I couldn't even bid for freebies!
    well that was your mistake, After the first 3 days of the season is a good time to start bidding because their won't be as much bidders so that could help. First thing I do is spend some tokens on freebies first days then go from there.

Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast