Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Wide Men

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    154

    Wide Men

    All of my wide men are in poor form and have been all season. It's baffling because I have two players who I alternate on the left and another two on the right. All four have a season rating of less than 6.7.

    I play 3-2(w)-3-2 and I'm second in the table, into the CL semi and reached the QF of the Cup. So I'd consider that I am doing very well in terms of results, however it's strange that my wingers rarely get ratings higher than 6. All other players have averages above 7.2. The wingers are all talented enough (3 x 5* and 1 x 4*) so I'm wondering if perhaps they'd be better suited in a different role.

    Maybe if I played them further forward, as ML and not DML for example they'd play better. It worries me because when I don't win they have a poor rating so I wonder if I would've won had I played a different system. Furthermore if I win a game 7/8-0 they still only get a 7. Never 8 or 9.

    Any suggestions? The formation is one I've always used and it's so far gained me 6 promotions in a row so is it just that in reading too much into the ratings when they're actually not that important??

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    299
    That's because u bought cheapo wide men. Mine are 4 stars, 5 stars type, and they terrorise the opponent's flanks constantly
    Last edited by redsnoopy; 03-01-2014 at 08:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Are you using the 'focus passing through the middle' order?

    I play 4-5-1V down the flanks, and my 7* MC's constantly get 5/6 ratings as they don't get involved much.
    Saransh Vatsa and Ismail Eden like this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    299
    Ya correct.....play quality wide men down the flanks, and u will scare the sh.t out of defences

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    That's because u bought cheapo wide men. Mine are 4 stars, 5 stars type, and they terrorise the opponent's flanks constantly
    How about reading the post properly before typing a reply.......

    Sxrenity - I play 'mixed' generally. Depending on the opponent I may play 'middle' or even 'flanks' but that would only be odd occasions so wouldn't really impact the overall season rating.
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.

  6. #6
    Famous Raykco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,644
    Try not alternating them so much. Pick 1 for each wing and stick with them for a run of matches. I have an MC who was just a backup, but whenever I needed him, he only kept getting 4/5. So he rarely played. However, when my 6* MC got injured for 6 days, I had no option but to play my weaker player. In the first match, he got his usual 5 rating but at least he assisted for a goal. He then played a run of 5 games, and steadily improved, until now, he is getting 6/7 and today was the star player with 9.
    LONDON CITY

    Olympic Stadium...East London

    Season 47...........Manager Level 33

  7. #7
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    That's because u bought cheapo wide men. Mine are 4 stars, 5 stars type, and they terrorise the opponent's flanks constantly
    First of all go buy specs and read t post again, OP says that he has 3 5* and 1 4* player....... Use ur brains(if u have any) that if he had cheap wide men, he woyuld not come here for advice in first place


    Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

    http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

    P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    All of my wide men are in poor form and have been all season. It's baffling because I have two players who I alternate on the left and another two on the right. All four have a season rating of less than 6.7.

    I play 3-2(w)-3-2 and I'm second in the table, into the CL semi and reached the QF of the Cup. So I'd consider that I am doing very well in terms of results, however it's strange that my wingers rarely get ratings higher than 6. All other players have averages above 7.2. The wingers are all talented enough (3 x 5* and 1 x 4*) so I'm wondering if perhaps they'd be better suited in a different role.

    Maybe if I played them further forward, as ML and not DML for example they'd play better. It worries me because when I don't win they have a poor rating so I wonder if I would've won had I played a different system. Furthermore if I win a game 7/8-0 they still only get a 7. Never 8 or 9.

    Any suggestions? The formation is one I've always used and it's so far gained me 6 promotions in a row so is it just that in reading too much into the ratings when they're actually not that important??
    If you want your WINGERS to perform well then ATTACK down both flanks with 2 wingers on each side...Then you will see the magic...
    Plus in this game attacking down both flank in more profitable than through the middle since AML and AMR score a lot of goals, even higher than strikers...If you want your MCs to perform well then use 3 MC and attack through the middle...

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Try not alternating them so much. Pick 1 for each wing and stick with them for a run of matches. I have an MC who was just a backup, but whenever I needed him, he only kept getting 4/5. So he rarely played. However, when my 6* MC got injured for 6 days, I had no option but to play my weaker player. In the first match, he got his usual 5 rating but at least he assisted for a goal. He then played a run of 5 games, and steadily improved, until now, he is getting 6/7 and today was the star player with 9.
    True for a player to get good rating just stick with him for some matches...They will automatically start to get good rating...

  10. #10
    Dreamer fugazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    True for a player to get good rating just stick with him for some matches...They will automatically start to get good rating...
    I disagree, in my experience players who consistently get 5-6's won't magically turn into a 8-ish rated player. They will get 7's now and then, but the bad ratings will return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast