Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: player FORM

Wether a left footed ST or MC plays better on the left or right, no one really knows if it really makes a difference, but like Skidz says, you need to TRY EVERYTHING to help get the player his form. I've done it. 80% of the time my right-footed MC plays better on the left side. I don't know why. I just go with the flow.

As for right footed ML/AML or vice versa, they are not a terrible investment. It simply means they'll cut in more and score haha well at least for my AML & my friend's. We prob have two of the best AML in the league atm, and they are right footed.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

After reading this thread and ones like them - I decided to be ruthless and sell my new star under-preforming midfielder, after I trained him to scout level.
    This is the flop I sold after only 8 games of 64555555.
    player FORM-screenshot_2015-06-27-01-28-42.jpg
    He was nearly scout level when I brought him. It was much easier to get a slightly older replacement instead.
    Fortunately I only brought him for a few tokens it will be interesting to see if he performs for his new team which plays a different formation to mine.
    Last edited by An Bainisteoir; 07-01-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Update
    --- the replacement for the high value flop scored on his debut. A left footed centre mid with a playmaker ability already. Played him on the left of a three. The commentary said "on to his left foot shoots". The moral of the story is be ruthless sell the flop if you can get cheaper better options quickly. Also keep an eye in favoured sides of the pitch for a player.
    Replacement player profile:player FORM-screenshot_2015-06-27-01-20-00.jpg
    Replacement player stats:
    player FORM-screenshot_2015-06-27-01-20-47.jpg
    Last edited by An Bainisteoir; 06-27-2015 at 12:41 AM.

My former flop Martensson seems to be performing well for his new club.
    See below:
    player FORM-marty2july2015.jpg

I could not get him to play better then then 4/5 after a 6 in his first game.

I noticed his new employers play him in a classic 4-4-2 formation. Whereas in my team he was mostly one of a midfield three. Whether this is the difference in his performance I do not know. But it may be a factor.

It shows that perseverance may be the answer and formation changes. Or maybe just a new manager and and new club?!

Rookie
    CM was along with GK the most frustrating positions in the game. The new rating system has either changed that or I got really lucky. It is hard to tell because I bought new players at both spots this season and they are both getting much better ratings than I am used to.

If they did change the ratings for them I have no idea if it was just an overall jump in their ratings or if they actually reworked the logic involved to make it a better indicator of form.

I for one do not blame you for selling him. Those ratings are just too bad, even for a CM in this game discounting any recent changes. It is possible that he could have worked out long term but to me it just is not worth putting up with those ratings long enough to find out. I have had players that grew into the position. In fact last years GK was getting 5-6 ratings even while conceding only 14 goals in 31 matches.....Then the last 8 matches were all 7-8 ratings and one MoM.......Didn't save his job ultimately because he started game 1 this season with a 5 and there was a top of the market fast trainer at the position on the market. Since inserting the new guy he has gone 7 straight 7-8 performances and conceded only twice.

I tend to give new players about 10-12 matches before I judge them unless their ratings/stats are extreme in either direction. Like has been the case with my new RAM who scored 6 goals in his first 4 starts and is my 2nd leading scorer. avg match rating right at 9 with the new system......Another change that made it harder to gauge talent......

Not sure if they just made a 5 into 6, 6 into 7, 7 into 8, etc or if they added the 10 as the best of the 9 ratings......Leaning toward the prior given my teams avg ratings but if that is the case then it either didn't affect defenders or my 3 great returning starters all fell off almost exactly a point lol.
    Last edited by Alexandre Labrecque; 07-02-2015 at 11:26 PM.

I Like the discussion in this thread. Regarding midfield footing, I find that formation, attacking style (flanks or middle) and player preference all have a role. Nearly impossible to test accurately but lots of pseudo sport scientists play this game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123