Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kynan
  • 1 Post By usunfgames
  • 1 Post By Spyros

Thread: What Star Quality do you aim for?

What Star Quality do you aim for?

When I first started the game I tried to make sure that every single player in my team was 5 star. Then I found that farming Tokens could get me a lot stronger players and for 3 or 4 seasons I had every player being 6 star, with a few being 7.

I noted however that I stuck to almost the same 13/14 players each game, so the spare 6/7 star players were a bit of a waste. I've since started to keep players once they dropped down to being 4 star quality - where as before I was always trying to oust them from my match day squad for a 5 star player.

So my question here is - Do you aim to get every single player in your team to be 5 star, 6 star etc... Or do you aim to have a strong starting eleven, with your reserves a lower quality?

Currently my team has a 8 star striker, Three 6 star players, eight 5 star players, while the rest are all high 4 star. I've found that this team is more than strong enough to compete at my current level (14) and investing in changing those 4 star players to five star ones is a bit pointless.

I do believe that keeping the same squad again next season will still leave me with a strong enough squad to compete. Then maybe the season after that I will replace half the team with new 5 star players, letting my current first team fall to back ups. Then repeat like that...

I'm just wondering what people feel the worth in usage of their Tokens is in relation to the quality of the team. I could use 2/300 Tokens and power train all my four and five star players up to 6 star, but within two weeks they will all lose a star on promotion. Then I could use probably 30/40 Tokens to just buy 5 star players at my new level. To me saving the extra 250 Tokens or so is better than burning them on reserve players.

My farming to date has given me a stock pile of over 4000 Tokens. I could easily push all my players to be top quality, but the end result is I can only be promoted one level at the end of the season. As my team is already good enough to get promotion, why should I bother?

When do you say enough is enough? Do you try and get the best team possible and use all your Tokens to do it, or do you try and judge what you need to get promoted and to be competitive, while looking to save for future seasons?

Do you use players in your team that are 1,2 or 3 star, or are you a 5 star+ user?

Many questions I know, but its interesting to see what people try to aim for each season.
    Spyros and Qambu Yaasi like this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    My take and aim is to have 22 players all of a minimum of 5 stars and scouts so I can have two teams playing in seperate competitions, this gives me a much higher chance of winning the league.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

I play in "light" mode, so I tank 2 seasons and play 2 seasons.
    The intention of tanking is to have the phisicall/mental skills to 10* and have this plus.
    I buy youngers? yeah, I have 5-6-7 youngers now...
    nordgens? I have 1 now, so I try to have a young team to train fast and reach the 10* of speed that I want in my team fast.
    When i have it, I play for the league and for the next 2 Champions leagues.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    When I first started the game I tried to make sure that every single player in my team was 5 star. Then I found that farming Tokens could get me a lot stronger players and for 3 or 4 seasons I had every player being 6 star, with a few being 7.

I noted however that I stuck to almost the same 13/14 players each game, so the spare 6/7 star players were a bit of a waste. I've since started to keep players once they dropped down to being 4 star quality - where as before I was always trying to oust them from my match day squad for a 5 star player.

So my question here is - Do you aim to get every single player in your team to be 5 star, 6 star etc... Or do you aim to have a strong starting eleven, with your reserves a lower quality?

Currently my team has a 8 star striker, Three 6 star players, eight 5 star players, while the rest are all high 4 star. I've found that this team is more than strong enough to compete at my current level (14) and investing in changing those 4 star players to five star ones is a bit pointless.

I do believe that keeping the same squad again next season will still leave me with a strong enough squad to compete. Then maybe the season after that I will replace half the team with new 5 star players, letting my current first team fall to back ups. Then repeat like that...

I'm just wondering what people feel the worth in usage of their Tokens is in relation to the quality of the team. I could use 2/300 Tokens and power train all my four and five star players up to 6 star, but within two weeks they will all lose a star on promotion. Then I could use probably 30/40 Tokens to just buy 5 star players at my new level. To me saving the extra 250 Tokens or so is better than burning them on reserve players.

My farming to date has given me a stock pile of over 4000 Tokens. I could easily push all my players to be top quality, but the end result is I can only be promoted one level at the end of the season. As my team is already good enough to get promotion, why should I bother?

When do you say enough is enough? Do you try and get the best team possible and use all your Tokens to do it, or do you try and judge what you need to get promoted and to be competitive, while looking to save for future seasons?

Do you use players in your team that are 1,2 or 3 star, or are you a 5 star+ user?

Many questions I know, but its interesting to see what people try to aim for each season.
    Till 20 lvl you dont need power trained players.Then better leave game Nordeus dont support it or use your academy players and dont give a <redacted> what happen in game or you will loose to much nervios.If you win with 7 stars players in low lvl with big results no diference if they are 5 stars you will won with same result.Like i see in 23 lvl 2-3-4 stars players is more powerfull than 7 stars.For example last season me and 2 other people from my friend list repead lvl but teams with GK as ST get at top 4 with amaizing results.I have feeling that we will stay in 23 lvl long time becouse we keep loosing from this 2-3 stars teams and almost dont have chance for top 4 and for promotion.loosing time and money to power train players is very stuped you cant feel diference nvm in what lvl.All your bonuses is bigger chance for CL but when you loose with 6-7 stars team full with SA etc from 3-4 stars team without SA you will feel that you spend money for nothing(its realy corect)T11 is RANDOM based game and spending money for game without logic is usles.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-22-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    Top t11 lie
    1."if you want amaizing player visit scout"
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.
    The true is all is random..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    I play in "light" mode, so I tank 2 seasons and play 2 seasons.
    The intention of tanking is to have the phisicall/mental skills to 10* and have this plus.
    I buy youngers? yeah, I have 5-6-7 youngers now...
    nordgens? I have 1 now, so I try to have a young team to train fast and reach the 10* of speed that I want in my team fast.
    When i have it, I play for the league and for the next 2 Champions leagues.
    You play in right mode .you have to prepare to changing mode to 1 season pla 3 tank in bigger lvl you will need 8+ stars team to beat robots :X I am big fan of Nordeus devoloper team wich cant write simple logic and loosing players for nothing.They dont need to know so much about programing just simple mathematic where 3 > 2.
    Top t11 lie
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.

Quote Originally Posted by usunfgames View Post
    You play in right mode .you have to prepare to changing mode to 1 season pla 3 tank in bigger lvl you will need 8+ stars team to beat robots :X I am big fan of Nordeus devoloper team wich cant write simple logic and loosing players for nothing.They dont need to know so much about programing just simple mathematic where 3 > 2.
    This is one of the reasons why I think trying to save Tokens now, instead of getting a better team is wise.

I could use 500 Tokens improving my current team, but the end result is that I will still get promoted next season. The team I currently have will get me promoted (I'm currently sat first in the league and still in the Champions League), so I feel better saving those Tokens.

Maybe the farming capability that exists at the moment will be stopped soon and it will be harder to win Tokens. If that's the case then I want to make sure every single Token I have does a job for my team. I will never spend real money on this game, so if I run out of Tokens then my only other option is to tank seasons.

I'd like however to keep getting successive promotions every season (to date I am yet to finish outside the top 3 every season) and not spend a second season at any level. If by the time I get into the mid 20's levels and its more competitive then I can use a few more Tokens to make sure I have the edge. Using them now seems to be a waste.

Rookie
    This is one of the reasons why I think trying to save Tokens now, instead of getting a better team is wise.

I could use 500 Tokens improving my current team, but the end result is that I will still get promoted next season. The team I currently have will get me promoted (I'm currently sat first in the league and still in the Champions League), so I feel better saving those Tokens.

Maybe the farming capability that exists at the moment will be stopped soon and it will be harder to win Tokens. If that's the case then I want to make sure every single Token I have does a job for my team. I will never spend real money on this game, so if I run out of Tokens then my only other option is to tank seasons.

I'd like however to keep getting successive promotions every season (to date I am yet to finish outside the top 3 every season) and not spend a second season at any level. If by the time I get into the mid 20's levels and its more competitive then I can use a few more Tokens to make sure I have the edge. Using them now seems to be a waste.
    With 500 tokens i played more than 1 year.If you buy players only from negotiation you will spend this tokend for 6 monts and you will win a lot of cups.If you spend them for 1 season maybe you will win something but maybe not.How you will feel if you spend them now and in the end of season you lost cl and 1-st place ?:X My advice is : spend toekns for young players in tm/negotiation.If you need any SA (only free kick and corner kick work athers is just to be more colorfull..)train 2 young playr with green packs wich you get from watcing games and midecal.With 7 stars team you dont have bigger chance for win.Its same if you have 5 stars max closed to 6.If you spend all tokens now soon you will understand that its big mistace and no point.Believe me i spended money too before but now i wont and i regred for money wich i give to people who cant make game more real but pretend to be N1.

The best tactic-> use tokens in the morning for Nordeus gens players.You can buy some time 18 years old player + SA for few tokens and you can use him few season.With 500 tokens you can rulz more than 6 monts if you dont get bored/
    Spyros likes this.
    Top t11 lie
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.

When do you say enough is enough?

Good question. For me it is good enough if I win the league title every season I am up for it, so I try to overcome my rivals roster quality without exaggerations in spending tokens. If managing a soccer team was a road race it would look like marathon, not 100 meters race.

I value my tokens a lot and I always try to make every transfer worth them, sometimes successfully & sometimes sadly not that successfully :P
    My roster is 5 and 4/5 stars going six average and since I like slow progress with focused managing, one year I fight for the title, next year I hibernate at same level and hard train a lot. I have a second team in lower league level and this way I always have something to get busy with. Simply one team goes for title while the other gets ready for next season
    Last edited by Spyros; 03-22-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Sxrenity likes this.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

I don't really look at stars for existing players. If they are 2 stars and they have good form & contribute to matches, then I am keeping him. My reserves atm are a mix of 3-6 stars. Form over Quality.

Personally I don't have time to Power Train. I have a lot of tokens but I don't think I wanna spend so much time training a player. Usually I just play a fast trainer every match, and add additional training after the match. I just get them to an acceptable level of quality on paper. I don't really aim to get them to 6,7 or 8 stars.

If by the 7th match of the league season, I am top of the pile, then it's enough for me. I always try to strengthen two or more positions every seasons. Some seasons I buy strikers, some seasons I don't. This season I strengthened my GK, DC & Midfield. My old GK didn't "win" me matches in the previous season, so that had to change. My Defence was the strongest last season, but why shouldn't you strengthen regardless? It's up to your own judgement.

Yes, FORM over Quality
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T