Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: If only this was real!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdalinho View Post
    let's wait for the world cup and see,i think it's gonna be awesome
    It's in Brazil, so Messi/Suarez/Neymar are all given almost equal platform to shine. Let's see who grabs the chance.

There will probably be one European country in the top 4 of the WC & maybe an African team, but one of the above three would win the Ballon D'or next year, and maybe it would be worthwhile to speak of their names in the same breath as Maradona & Pele.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Banned
    Zidane> Messi> Ronaldo> Pele> Maradona...

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Zidane> Messi> Ronaldo> Pele> Maradona...
    LOL watch more football is all i can say to that!!!
    Sartres Disciples Lvl 12

League
    Champions lvl 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 Runner up lvl 8
    26-0-0 Lvl 4

Champions League Lvl 3,4,6,7,8,9,12,13 Runner up Lvl 2,5,10

Cup Lvl 4,12 Runner up Lvl 7 3rd Place Lvl 2

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”

hmm ok this is very interesting and I guess depends on where you come from and how old you are lol but when you look back at soccer my top 4 are !!!

1 George Best
    2 Pele
    3 Gianfranco Zola
    4 Johan Cruyff
    and 5 lol coz The best keeper in the world deserves a mention lol Gordon Banks

just my thoughts hun dont shout at me lol

I believe that u can not include players who play now with those that have retired, no matter how great Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez maybe....
    So according to me the best 5 were-

1st- Maradona
    2nd- Pele
    3rd- Cruyff
    4th- George Best
    5th- Zidane

If u see, Maradona was much more talented than Pele, but he destroyed his career due to drugs, and se Pele was more disciplined and dedicted, but Maradona was more skilled. Same with George best, destroyed himself due to alcohol, drugs, gambling and girls.....
    Cruyff was a genius, a different style in his own, moves like the Cruyff Turn are tough to do even for top players but he used to so it perfect.
    Zidane cud have made France win single handedly in WC Final had he not been sent off, he was higher league than the others not in the list.

Even though i was not even born when the Top 4 played, and used watch little football when the 5th played, but after all i have heard and all past videos i have seen, this is how i think it stands in my opinion
    Mo Meow Odom and satansboss like this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Banned
    Major Dhyan Chand> Zidane> Messi> Ronaldo> Pele> Maradona......

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Major Dhyan Chand> Zidane> Messi> Ronaldo> Pele> Maradona......
    I AGREE to THAT!!!!!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

On recent form, Suarez has better stats than both Messi and Ronaldo last time I checked.

I think Suarez and Ronaldo were tied for goals, but Ronaldo takes RM's penalties.

I've watched games from 1980/1970, and the quality of football is awful compared to the modern game.
    I appreciate how the refs allowed a more physical game back then, but the football was scrappy and unattractive.

I'd love to see if Pele or Maradonna would have been as good as they are made out to be if they played today.

Apparently Maradonna plays for an amateur team in Argentina now.

Also, you go on about Maradonna having more prestigious titles than Suarez - he could have gone to any top club in the world at the end of last season, yet he chose to stay at Liverpool.

I admit his conduct has been atrocious in the past, I'd like to add that he's matured a lot more now.

He's just not a mercenary like the likes of Zlatan etc, who can say he's won trophies everywhere he's been.

Every Liverpool fan loves King Kenny, but as I said before - would he be any good in the modern game?
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-25-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

PEYROTEO > Universe

Quote Originally Posted by bestfootballplayersever.com
    Fernando Peyroteo

Few will have heard about him, but Fernando Peyroteo is the player with the highest goals per game ratio (1.68). Compare this with Pelé who has a ratio of 0.96 goals per game. Peyroteo played as a striker of Sporting during the 40's where he scored 331 goals in 187 games. Although it was a different time without European football, he remains one of the greatest strikers ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bleacherreport.com
    Fernando Peyroteo (POR)

If you are looking for the greatest goal-scorer of all-time, you need look no further than Fernando Peyroteo. No other player in history can match Peyroteo's goals to game ratio.

While playing for Sporting, Peyroteo scored 331 goals in 187 games. Yes, you read that right. His record of 1.68 goals per game is unparalleled in world football. He often scored multiple times in a game, once scoring nine times in one match.

He also scored eight goals in another match. On three occasions he netted six times in a match, while he hit five goals on twelve occasions and four goals seventeen times.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcafe.net
    I don't know if any of you have heard of him, I personally heard about him from one of my friend last week. When he told me some of the stats of this guy I absolutely refused to believe him obviously until later that day when I googled him and to my disbelief everything he told about the guy was true.

So this guy was born in a Portugese colony in Angola in 1918. He played as a forward both for the Portuguese national team and for Sporting Lisbon, where he was a member of the legendary team Os Cinco Violinos (The Five Violins in Portuguese), with Jesus Correia, Manuel Vasques, Albano and Travassos.

Now this is the shocking part, this guy made only 187 career appearances for Sporting Lisbon but managed to score a mighty 331 goals. That is a 1.7 goal per game return. No player in the history of football from Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano, Eusébio, Cruyff, Van Basten, Maradona, Ronaldo to Messi has ever bettered. And the odds are no one ever will. He was truly the ultimate goal scoring machine. He is till date the all time leading goal scorer in the Portugese league ahead of Benfica legend Eusébio.

Goalscoring for Peyroteo was nothing worth talking of. He often scored multiple times in a match. He remains the only player I have heard of who has scored nine times in one match, and eight goals in another. He scored six goals thrice, while scoring five or four goals was nothing out of the ordinary for him.

He was, simply put, the greatest goalscorer. Ever.

I would give my left nut to see a player of this caliber and consistency in my lifetime.

Actually I don't really understand why ppl compare Pele & Maradona, two careers that are 10-20 years apart?

Pele - best of his generation
    Maradona - best of his generation

If memory serves me correct, came in Johan Cryuff between the two. Cryuff would be second to both Pele & Maradona at different era.

George Best could probably give Cryuff a run for his money.

Zidane - no challengers hands down during his era. You could argue the Brazilian Ronaldo or Romario

Let's not forget Roberto Baggio - a very intelligent player. He was probably Pele & Maradona in one tho less appreciated maybe because he didn't win major titles.

Now at let's come back to this era of football. Messi & C.Ronaldo both lit up the footballing stage way, way earlier than Suarez. If either one of Messi or CR had been born in different generations, they would be the best in their own right.

Suarez, great footballer, great goalscorer, but I am not yet convinced that is on par with Messi or Ronaldo.

Keep in mind that Ronaldo plays as a winger and is only an out and out striker when RM is 3 or 4-0 up, or if they are trailing. He is still considered a goalscoring winger. Suarez's bread and butter is scoring goals. So I am not going to compare their goalscoring records.

So having said that, we can't really say who is the best among those that are currently still playing. If you look at goals + titles, then definitely Messi but that is probably inaccurate measurement to use as this is all relative.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast