Page 93 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Like Tree934Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index

This game is getting too predictable - have this example. Dominant most of the game, but nothing comes off. A couple of weak attacks by the opposition in each half, a couple of bookings for his players, the resulting free-kicks missed/hit the wall. 85 minutes, another free-kick, saved by keeper, then a single corner and double corner headed out by defenders. 88 minutes, and I'm just thinking to myself, 'here it comes...'

The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index-predictable.png

Gabez Teh and lespa like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Ok, i've got one.....

The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index-bs.jpg
    Killroy and talisman like this.

Rookie
    That is what I find frustrating. I absolutely get that on "any given Sunday" a bad team can play out of their minds and beat a good team, but the only way that can happen is if the bad teams plays significantly better. That can be the bad team playing great, the good team playing poorly, or some combination of the two, but that is the ONLY way it can happen.

In T11, nobody should argue that lesser teams should never beat better teams, but for ____'s sake, the in-match ratings NEED TO REFLECT THIS!!!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

vad
    Apprentice
    Indeed, the concept of Mystery plays a huge role in this game.

And the biggest mystery is that we all the time are trying to find correlations where there are none.

Trying to find a formation that will give a benefit. Wrong. Trying to find formation that will beat opponent's formation. Wrong. Assuming that player's morale matters. It does not. Assuming that his condition matters. Nope - I sub a player by the one who had morale close to 0, and he scores 2 goals in the next 3 minutes. Assuming that if two players were "stretched out from the field" and one more got red card, this will give advantage to the opponent. Wrong, in fact just the opposite, you are very likely to score exactly after that.

Nordeus does not believe that we want our team to win. The concept is enjoyment from the process itself, and the more surprises we encounter, the more exciting it becomes.

And they are right on target. As long as you don't understand what's going on, you will keep experimenting and trying this and that. Proven solution would be death of excitement. Sisyphus' effort is the most sustainable of all, exactly because you never achieve the final success, but you still hope - so level after level you again do the same stuff, and your best player "can go all the way!" at his quality level 140 just as his predecessor did at level 20 two years ago.

So keep clicking those video commercials, and hope that one day you will find that secret of winning.
    Last edited by vad; 09-02-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Rookie
    After no matches at all on Tuesday, my squad has just played 2 of their 3 scheduled matches for today (Wednesday). We then get all of Thursday off.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    This game is getting too predictable - have this example. Dominant most of the game, but nothing comes off. A couple of weak attacks by the opposition in each half, a couple of bookings for his players, the resulting free-kicks missed/hit the wall. 85 minutes, another free-kick, saved by keeper, then a single corner and double corner headed out by defenders. 88 minutes, and I'm just thinking to myself, 'here it comes...'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Predictable.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	52848

OOOH my personal fav!

a WEAK PASS and usually you (or your oppo) scores from it by header (usually too)

If i get a "weak centre pass" from my FK i'm smiling forward coz i'm scoring a goal from it 90%+

too predictable (and lame... goal from weak pass??? really?)
    talisman likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ByloBand View Post
    After no matches at all on Tuesday, my squad has just played 2 of their 3 scheduled matches for today (Wednesday). We then get all of Thursday off.
    copied this to thread about fixtures.

Thx for trolling me, Nordeus! <3

Hi, guys! I have a good team, very good team with players of 5-6 stars. I started the championship good (btw, in last 3 seasons i was disqualified of cup by teams with players of 3-4 stars) and now i lose almost every match. I have possesion, sometimes i am live on the matches but i can't win a ****. 2 seasons ago i was close to win the championship, now i'm on the 11th position with a better team. Please stop trolling me and fix this game. In past was much better, now a club with players of 4 stars wins the championship and good clubs dont even promote. I tried all the formations, all the tactics. When i was close to win the championship, i had 4 3 3 flat, i tried 4 3 3 but nothing. I bought 2 players of Scout... same result, even worse. Btw, i'm sorry for my english. This game it's getting so stupid and i think i will quit this ****ty game. My friends did it also and now I understand them.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Roşu Gabriel View Post
    Hi, guys! I have a good team, very good team with players of 5-6 stars. I started the championship good (btw, in last 3 seasons i was disqualified of cup by teams with players of 3-4 stars) and now i lose almost every match. I have possesion, sometimes i am live on the matches but i can't win a ****. 2 seasons ago i was close to win the championship, now i'm on the 11th position with a better team. Please stop trolling me and fix this game. In past was much better, now a club with players of 4 stars wins the championship and good clubs dont even promote. I tried all the formations, all the tactics. When i was close to win the championship, i had 4 3 3 flat, i tried 4 3 3 but nothing. I bought 2 players of Scout... same result, even worse. Btw, i'm sorry for my english. This game it's getting so stupid and i think i will quit this ****ty game. My friends did it also and now I understand them.
    Are you sure you are starting a GK?

Quote Originally Posted by Roşu Gabriel View Post
    I'm having the same problem, but im level 1 only.
    I have 2 6-star players in my team, 5 5-star, and the rest are 4 star. And i keep losing to 3-4 star team, no matter how many tactics i tried, no matter if it's home or away match. I watched almost every game, granted maximum cash bonus for my team if win, but still lost. The worst thing is almost everyone in my league has quit the game, and why the hell i keep losing to those teams without any manager??

IS this true that when the game detects someone who is addicted and spends a lot of time in this game, it is programmed to insult those people with many many loss until they must spend?

Page 93 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast