Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Losing to teams 10 points below...

Losing to teams 10 points below...

This is just getting stupid.

I've now played three games this season where my opponent was more than 10 points LESS than me, and in all 3 games I've lost. Each game, I checked the Counter Formation guide to make sure my formation was safe. In this last match we both ran 4-4-2 classic. This guy doesn't even have a single player on his squad that's more than TWO stars. I ran my B-squad against him cuz I have a Cup game I need to win later but everyone was rested at 90% or higher with morale almost completely at Superb.

The first time this happened I was upset but figured it was a fluke. Now I'm at 3 losses to teams that shouldn;t even be in my league. I like to do the math and count level differences between me and my opponents. My starting line up had more than 120 levels combined over this guy. In addition, most of my players have special abilities, his team had maybe THREE. WTF?

F!@cking stupid.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 04-16-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    vagif likes this.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

I am at level 15 and have done very well every season.This season my team has a higher rating than any team in my division yet am currently third from bottom and cant win a game against teams that are so inferior to mine.I have strengthened my team yet again this season and have tried all different formations yet cant win a game to save my life.To lose the odd game fair enough it happens,but not every game?I even played a friend of mine in a friendly at work the other day.We both played on our phones.I lost connection whilst the game had gone to penalties,and when i got connection back the game had finished on my phone and i had lost on penalties,yet the game had not yet finished on his phone.How can this happen?

Same here. I have 5 losses. After the first 2 I reorganized my team and spent all my cash reserves on buying more players. I just lost another game against a team 10 stars below me, 2 to 0. I feel like I'm getting punished for having a good prior record or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gasser02 View Post
    I am at level 15 and have done very well every season.This season my team has a higher rating than any team in my division yet am currently third from bottom and cant win a game against teams that are so inferior to mine.I have strengthened my team yet again this season and have tried all different formations yet cant win a game to save my life.To lose the odd game fair enough it happens,but not every game?I even played a friend of mine in a friendly at work the other day.We both played on our phones.I lost connection whilst the game had gone to penalties,and when i got connection back the game had finished on my phone and i had lost on penalties,yet the game had not yet finished on his phone.How can this happen?
    yepp happened to me once... in penalties too .. my friend was cheering for me .. I lost, so thanked him for his support, but he told me why you answering and you said you lost ? penalties were not over yet !!! obviously there is a lag in time .
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Famous
    Going on the amount of threads about 'bad' results then there must be lots of players out there quite happy this season, with their teams beating other teams with far higher ratings.
    I guess losing 'badly' encourages people to vent their frustration on here, whereas winning 'well' against a better team just makes them assume they're a good manager and are playing the game well, so no need to go onto the forum.
    Cat Harrison and vagif like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    This is just getting stupid.

I've now played three games this season where my opponent was more than 10 points LESS than me, and in all 3 games I've lost. Each game, I checked the Counter Formation guide to make sure my formation was safe. In this last match we both ran 4-4-2 classic. This guy doesn't even have a single player on his squad that's more than TWO stars. I ran my B-squad against him cuz I have a Cup game I need to win later but everyone was rested at 90% or higher with morale almost completely at Superb.

The first time this happened I was upset but figured it was a fluke. Now I'm at 3 losses to teams that shouldn;t even be in my league. I like to do the math and count level differences between me and my opponents. My starting line up had more than 120 levels combined over this guy. In addition, most of my players have special abilities, his team had maybe THREE. WTF?

****ing stupid.
    Bro..U are not alone:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...hing-here.html

4am
    Rookie
    It'd be a boring game if the stronger team beat the weaker team every time a match was played

So boring in fact you may as well call it the Premier League....

1. 11vs11 could be similar quality.
    2. Counter formation is not to be taken as a sure thing coz a minor adjustment to orders can make or break a formation.
    3. 5star players are not necessarily better than 3star players.
    4. SA players are not a definite hit or a quick fix.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 04-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Mo Meow Odom and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    1. 10 pts below but how about 11vs11? Quality difference may be just 5 or less.
    2. Counter formation is not to be taken as a sure thing coz a minor adjustment to orders can make or break a formation.
    yes never underestimate your opponent it may be just one low quality player in his sub team that keeps his ave quality low his starting 11 may be higher than yours ie an academy player he has not sold yet !!!!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Also, as you level up, 10 points is less and less difference. If in level 1, it's huge! (like 20 vs 30, half again stronger) But in level 5 not as much (like 35 vs 45, a bit over a quarter better) and so on.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast