Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards

  1. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Meanwhile, in 'real life'.........
    Based on the above I worked out the following:

    Game 1 - losing 1-0, 2 men sent off within first hour, lost 2-1 ~ 11.8% (being very generous here)
    Game 2 - winning 3-1, man sent off within the hour, lost 3-4 = 11%
    Game 3 - winning 2-1, man sent off in 80th minute, drew 2-2 = 4.8%
    Game 4 - losing 2-4, man injured in 73rd minute, lost 2-6 ~ 8.1%

    So: Probability(my sequence of results) = 11.8% x 11% x 4.8% x 8.1%
    = 0.005%!!!

    Not sure if the above was try to offer a counter argument but this would suggest that what's happened is pretty damn unrealistic! The only other matches in my season where the opposition lost a man either through sending off or injury I did win however, but both games were right at the start of the season. Did the game engine change recently?
    Last edited by Farfromtilidie; 04-22-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    gogs67 and Marco De Bortolis like this.

  2. #12
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,167
    Nah, I was jokingly trying to make a comparison between the game and what happens in the real World.
    Unfortunately the game engine is so random that a series of horrendous 'bad' results like yours will come along, which just wouldn't ever happen.
    Comfort yourself with the fact that, statistically speaking, someone somewhere out of the hundreds of thousands of other players will have had roughly the opposite set of results and just put it down to him or herself being an amazingly good manager!!!

  3. #13
    Newbie Raul J. Nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    Farfromtilidie,one thing i notice (and correct me if i am wrong) in those screenshots is that your team conceds plenty shooting chances for the oposing team,and it´s always higher than yours...even that isn´t that commom having 5 shots on goal and score 4,i think that the problem may lay on that aspect cause if your rival makes 19 shots some will enter your goal.If you conceed so many shots,you will be closer to loosing than winning...even with more players in the field,and more possession.My example is when i play against a friend of mine that is in level 3(22),one level lower than me(i´m level 4 and 33,9),i usually get extreme posession and plenty shots but he uses a formation that is all behind the ball with counter-attack on and focus pass for the middle so he normally gets plenty shooting chances.Result:in 3 games against him i always conceed goals and only 1 win!!And that win was on penalties!hehehehehehe!!
    So maybe you will have to reconfigure your formation,i think.Hope i was usefull in some way..
    -----------------------------------------------------NuneSCP----------------------------------------------
    SEASON 1
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:3º
    SEASON 2
    LEAGUE:/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:16º
    SEASON 3
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:

  4. #14
    Addicted Chester FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    614
    troll game

    last season, match in league, 5th vs 1st, to 55 min was 1-0 for 5th, and red card, in last 35 mins 5th scored 4 goals when played 10vs11 against better team and he won 5-0

    in this season in my game, opponent had injury in 8 min for MC, he played 82 mins 10vs11, possession was 61-39 for me but opponent won 2-0, in next 6 games opponent had only 2 points

    similar situations is many...

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    Ha, in the second leg of the CL tie against the side that beat me 3-4 when 3-1, up they lost a player to injury after 18 minutes and i thought here we go again. Despite them having 18 shots to my 12 we won 2-0 and went through 5-4 on aggregate.

    In your face Nordeus!!!

  6. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul J. Nunes View Post
    Farfromtilidie,one thing i notice (and correct me if i am wrong) in those screenshots is that your team conceds plenty shooting chances for the oposing team,and it´s always higher than yours...even that isn´t that commom having 5 shots on goal and score 4,i think that the problem may lay on that aspect cause if your rival makes 19 shots some will enter your goal.If you conceed so many shots,you will be closer to loosing than winning...even with more players in the field,and more possession.My example is when i play against a friend of mine that is in level 3(22),one level lower than me(i´m level 4 and 33,9),i usually get extreme posession and plenty shots but he uses a formation that is all behind the ball with counter-attack on and focus pass for the middle so he normally gets plenty shooting chances.Result:in 3 games against him i always conceed goals and only 1 win!!And that win was on penalties!hehehehehehe!!
    So maybe you will have to reconfigure your formation,i think.Hope i was usefull in some way..
    Against 9/10 men I shouldn't really be having to thing about how to stop the opposition having chances surely?! You would assume that only having half a MF or defence they should struggle to create much and be more worried about trying to stop me scoring!

    In any case I don't really play extreme tactics, usually attack minded 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 because I like to be attacking. It seems that when the opposition goes down to ten men that I should be trying to defend despite superior numbers...

  7. #17
    Newbie Raul J. Nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfromtilidie View Post
    Against 9/10 men I shouldn't really be having to thing about how to stop the opposition having chances surely?! You would assume that only having half a MF or defence they should struggle to create much and be more worried about trying to stop me scoring!

    In any case I don't really play extreme tactics, usually attack minded 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 because I like to be attacking. It seems that when the opposition goes down to ten men that I should be trying to defend despite superior numbers...
    I was not saying that you should defend.If you´ve read my post more openminded,you would understand that i was just talking about what i saw in your screenshots,i cant say to you what to do.Dont you find strange having more players and less shots?!?If it was my own team,and i saw those numbers despite they having less players then me,i would be concerned.Picking up your own words,if they have less men then they could use counter (that´s the reason for my example of playing against my friend several times and even thought my team is way better i can only win 1 or 2 times cause i play offensive and offside-trap on and he plays normal and counter with players defending on their own half,using an amc).If your defenders are slower than his atackers,for example..you will have to uncheck the offside-trap and put more players in the middle as possible to gain ground (using an dmc,for example) and if you have more players then what´s the problem using only 3 men back (wide),4 in the midle and 3 on the front or even using only 2 st´s and organizing the players as you wish to gain all ground possible.But again,i am saying this cause if it was me i would change things...I am just trying to help you or other "manager" that reads this post to reduce their error.I am not saying that the program isn´t wrong,i am just trying to help finding solutions to something that could be tricky.That´s all.
    -----------------------------------------------------NuneSCP----------------------------------------------
    SEASON 1
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:3º
    SEASON 2
    LEAGUE:/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:16º
    SEASON 3
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:

  8. #18
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,167
    Raul, you're giving the game engine too much credit!!!

  9. #19
    Newbie Raul J. Nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Raul, you're giving the game engine too much credit!!!
    You might be wright,gogs67.You might be wright...
    -----------------------------------------------------NuneSCP----------------------------------------------
    SEASON 1
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:3º
    SEASON 2
    LEAGUE:/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:16º
    SEASON 3
    LEAGUE:2º/CUP:/CHAMPIONS:

  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul J. Nunes View Post
    I was not saying that you should defend.If you´ve read my post more openminded,you would understand that i was just talking about what i saw in your screenshots,i cant say to you what to do.Dont you find strange having more players and less shots?!?If it was my own team,and i saw those numbers despite they having less players then me,i would be concerned.Picking up your own words,if they have less men then they could use counter (that´s the reason for my example of playing against my friend several times and even thought my team is way better i can only win 1 or 2 times cause i play offensive and offside-trap on and he plays normal and counter with players defending on their own half,using an amc).If your defenders are slower than his atackers,for example..you will have to uncheck the offside-trap and put more players in the middle as possible to gain ground (using an dmc,for example) and if you have more players then what´s the problem using only 3 men back (wide),4 in the midle and 3 on the front or even using only 2 st´s and organizing the players as you wish to gain all ground possible.But again,i am saying this cause if it was me i would change things...I am just trying to help you or other "manager" that reads this post to reduce their error.I am not saying that the program isn´t wrong,i am just trying to help finding solutions to something that could be tricky.That´s all.
    I appreciate the assistance but I'm not really sure my general tactics are wrong - I'm currently 2nd in my league (would be top but for GD), in the QF of the CL and in the QF of the cup. My problem is that I haven't figured out how to deal with the opposition losing players, my logic is that attacking them and pressing them should help me beat them but apparently not!

    Also if you want further evidence then this is my most recent match against the side in 4th place in my league (who are also handily my next opponents in the CL). Maybe someone at Nordeus is listening?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-duong.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast