Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about a Champions League

Question about a Champions League

Hello fellow managers :-)

I have a question, and maybe someone can help me or advise me. I play level 3 at this moment. Leading, played `16, won 16, 54 goals scored, 8 against. In the cup i was beaten by a level 5 manager, average quality 34,2, mine was during these matches 33,5. First match (home for me) 2-2, second match 1-1. Today i played quarter final Champions League against a level 3 manager. Average quality of him: 25,6. My team is 33,9. He win 0-6, i played at home!

I played my favorite 4-4-2 (DL,DC,DC,DR>DMC,ML,MR,AMC>ST,ST). The strongest players on the field, no injury's, full condition, full morale. He played 4-5-1, midfield with two attacking midfielders. Some of the statistics:
    Possesion: 54-46
    Shots on goal: 7-7
    Corners: 8-6
    Saves: 1-3
    Tackles: 14-20
    Yellow: 2-0
    Red: 0-0

Don't get me wrong, i know how to lose...in a game, in life, whatever, and there are more important things in life then winning in Top Eleven. But i don't understand the score, and the fact i had 7 changes, and 0 goals. He had 7 changes and 6 goals, in 16 competition matches i only get 8 goals against. After, i get some points, i go to the selection, and all players had no condition, it was a little bit red. And after 2 seconds, it started to go green. Cheat???
    Last edited by Galgo; 04-24-2014 at 10:09 AM.

I've had the same issue this season. Losing to a team equal to my own is no big deal but I've dropped some must win games against teams over 10 points below me. I dunno whats going on.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

Exactly...it's not a big deal. I like the game, some friends from town play it, even my wife likes to play it. But....it's a game. But this match i describe, i have a feeling there was something wrong.

Its a fluke. The game engine isn't perfect, and on certain occasions it will kick out a result that does not make any sense and doesn't seem possible. Its just a part of the game that you have to get used to. To be honest you seem to be taking it better then most!
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

The result is unbalanced, but he is using one of the recomended counter againts ND.

Other thing the Q you are descrimina is the one of all team or from first 11, because the average Q of all team can be tricky.

In any case i agree with you that it must be a troll result, i had a few of them in my CL games this season, just like that, completely unbalanced result, we me being the stronguer team and the 2H of the group stage against the same teams manage to win and draw with my subs on the pitch.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Well did U accidentally have Full Pitch press on and Hard tackling on? That sucks the life out of players

Also I suspect you're using attacking so the condition drops significantly faster

If so, he hit you on the counter and you got exposed bad.

And it helped that his GK saved 3 shots

I also had the same result in Level 2 where I was stronger (starting 11), but got beat 5-0 and drew 2-2.

Thats all the explanation I can offer.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

If this kind of result continue I think I have a good chance of winning the CL this season. Im the weakest remaining team in the QF....

lol
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

You were playing Wide diamond with no MC's while he had his entire midfield cramped with players. I've played against Wide Diamond before against much stronger sides and their weakness is definitely in the center midfield. Your midfield was completely overrun. I would have added at least one MC.

Not entirely convinced whether it was a troll or a perfect counter. Having said that, it is easy to pick weak spots after you've lost a game.

Thank you very much! I learn more :-) Maybe the battle on the midfield was a mistake from me. Try it in the return.

Quote Originally Posted by Galgo View Post
    After, i get some points, i go to the selection, and all players had no condition, it was a little bit red. And after 2 seconds, it started to go green. Cheat???
    I've seen this as well in similar conditions.

They sure have hidden stuff. Some we have to guess, some you can see.

The penalty shootout is proven to be simulated, pre decided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast