Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Season 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)

Quote Originally Posted by Chester FC View Post

26-0-0 gone bust.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    Today we faced Gareth Bale

Today we had what turned out to be two very simple matches. First we faced Antonio FC at home in the League, and after a goal at 14 minutes we kept on slotting them past their miserable and useless keeper until it got to our winning score of 6-0.

Then we faced Gareth Bale FC, away for the first leg of the Cup Top 16. We were close in quality and they had a very experienced squad, but it seems that this fan is not as good at managing as their hero is at football. We beat them easily, with a final score of 5-0.
    Dman2pt likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

How many players do you plan to transfer? - As many as needed.

Where does your team need strengthening? - Nowhere.

How much funding do you have? - 6.27 Million

What's your token budget? - Unlimited (i fix what i need)

What are your trophy goals? - Win everything we participate in (league, CL, cup)

What lessons have you learned from last season? - That I want better opponents.

What formations do you plan to use? - 3-2-2-1-2
    July Fourth likes this.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    What lessons have you learned from last season? - That I want better opponents.
    There's an easy way to get opponents who are more on your level!
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Tottenham played there first leg of the knock out stages of the cup today, seeing as we are going for our first ever world cup and the treble I had no choice but to play the first team! as our opponent was evenly matched with quality except for the special abilities but he was two levels higher so I new this was going to be a tough ask!. The game itself was a smash and grab really!. Merlin FC, pounded our goal even though we dominated possession, however we hit them with a quick fire break and Sheringham was on hand to put the ball in the net!, that however was short lived as Merlins domination of our penatly box was rewarded with the equaliser!. We managed to get to half time but Gazza had been booked and we were clinging on for dear life, I couldnt believe we were still in it!, changes had to be made so off comes Paulinho (DMC) again!, on comes Messi to add some more fire power upfront.
    The game kicked of for the secound half and nothing changed!, Merlin FC continued its onslaught of our goal!, fearing the worst I took off Gazza and brought on another centre back to tighten us up at the back!, moved hoddle over to center and and gambled on the 4-3-3 formation!, I set force counter attacks and hard attacking and slowly we started to make a game of it!, Sheringham skimmed the bar, wasted 3 glorius chances wide so at this point I was just waiting for the one counter attack by Merlin to go and score!, but for all there pressure they could not find the net!, then our debutant Christern Eriksen came up with a wonder goal!, he chipped the keeper from the halfway line(Beckham like) which sent the crowd going mental! fabulous absolutly fabulous!, we held on for the 2-1 victory and I was well pleased! if we can put in that performance again in the home return leg then we might just get through!.
    Season 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)-untitled.jpgSeason 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)-untitled1.jpgSeason 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)-untitled2.jpg
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    There's an easy way to get opponents who are more on your level!
    How??

Addicted
    How??
    Not buy tokens all the time - your team at level 2 is marginally higher in quality than mine at level 3, and mine is near to the top of the level in quality terms.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Not buy tokens all the time - your team at level 2 is marginally higher in quality than mine at level 3, and mine is near to the top of the level in quality terms.
    I bought tokens for $100 and that has last 1,5 seasons and i got extreme many left since i hardly ever spend more than 1 token per player. I spend them on money. Because i only buy expensive fast trainers. And if I start something - I dont give up until i am among the best ^^ More ppl should buy tokens. 100 bucks is nothing... I could buy for 500 bucks but no need. Got more tokens than i can spend already. They will come in handy for season 3.

And - 7 of my 22 players are from my starting team. It's not like I buy players just to buy them.
    I got an average age of under 20 years old in a 22 man squad. I buy youngsters to train them up and keep them for several seasons u know

I could give u my tokens if it was possible - no need for 'em.
    Last edited by Tommy Vernersson; 05-15-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Addicted
    I bought tokens for $100 and that has last 1,5 seasons and i got extreme many left since i hardly ever spend more than 1 token per player. I spend them on money. Because i only buy expensive fast trainers. And if I start something - I dont give up until i am among the best ^^ More ppl should buy tokens. 100 bucks is nothing... I could buy for 500 bucks but no need. Got more tokens than i can spend already. They will come in handy for season 3.

And - 7 of my 22 players are from my starting team. It's not like I buy players just to buy them.
    I got an average age of under 20 years old in a 22 man squad. I buy youngsters to train them up and keep them for several seasons u know

I could give u my tokens if it was possible - no need for 'em.
    I don't think it's fair to say more people should buy tokens. And actually, the equivalent of 100 bucks for me is far more than I could justify and afford as a student. And for me there's better things to spend money on than what is, let's face it only a game. One of those is probably a few pints down the pub (I'm not suggesting that I'd spend 60 quid down the pub), another may be a substantial part of a holiday or an expensive day out with friends.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to spend money a game - indeed without people like you who do spend money on it people like me wouldn't be able to play it for free. Well actually that's probably not quite true, but that's besides the point. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't expect to have too much of a hard time considering your ability to buy players when you need them, especially in the lower levels.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast