Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Season 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say more people should buy tokens. And actually, the equivalent of 100 bucks for me is far more than I could justify and afford as a student. And for me there's better things to spend money on than what is, let's face it only a game. One of those is probably a few pints down the pub (I'm not suggesting that I'd spend 60 quid down the pub), another may be a substantial part of a holiday or an expensive day out with friends.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to spend money a game - indeed without people like you who do spend money on it people like me wouldn't be able to play it for free. Well actually that's probably not quite true, but that's besides the point. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't expect to have too much of a hard time considering your ability to buy players when you need them, especially in the lower levels.
    I took advantage of an offer as you already know. Two customized iPhone shells and two customized T-shirts gave me 142x2 tokens. The rest i bought. I have bought tokens for $40. The rest was included in those offers. And it's a matter of country and salary standards. $100 in Sweden is a decent dinner for 2 days. $100 on the pub is not much at all (besides - I do not drink since i have fun without alcohol. I don't really call $100 money. But once again - It depends in which country u are. I would never spend money on a game.. but 100 bucks isnt money for me... Hard to explain, and I really don't try to sound arrogant either so don't missunderstand me. But $100 here is what u earn by 2h work before taxes. Get my point? And as i said, 60 of those 100 was for iPhone.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    I took advantage of an offer as you already know. Two customized iPhone shells and two customized T-shirts gave me 142x2 tokens. The rest i bought. I have bought tokens for $40. The rest was included in those offers. And it's a matter of country and salary standards. $100 in Sweden is a decent dinner for 2 days. $100 on the pub is not much at all (besides - I do not drink since i have fun without alcohol. I don't really call $100 money. But once again - It depends in which country u are. I would never spend money on a game.. but 100 bucks isnt money for me... Hard to explain, and I really don't try to sound arrogant either so don't missunderstand me. But $100 here is what u earn by 2h work before taxes. Get my point? And as i said, 60 of those 100 was for iPhone.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess it's different for everyone depending on their circumstances and personal preferences.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess it's different for everyone depending on their circumstances and personal preferences.
    This is the biggest problem with this game. Me - as a Swede - can buy as many tokens as needed to be a top team each season, without even feel the "money" but somebody else can't because every penny might count. Still it's the same price everywhere. That's what i meant by saying that more ppl should be able to buy tokens - or simply get rid of those token advantages. Ofc i wanna get any player I want, so I make sure i do so... I never lose a bid. But i feel sorry that not everyone can do so.

It's simply not fair.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Tottenham Hotspur played the bottom team in the league today so decided to play the 2nd team to see how they would hold up in the league, they never dissapointed us!!!Season 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)-untitled.jpg goals from Lampard x 2, Fabregas, Ginola, Sheringham, Klinsmenn, Campbell, and Hazzard completed the rout to prove they are right on the tip toes of the first team.

Our current L 10 league tableSeason 53 (04.05.14/31.05.14)-untitled.jpg Its early days but can Tottenham repeat a 100% record again!.
    roni and Dman2pt like this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

ahh Cup

Dman2pt likes this.
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

Chano Petersen Scores 200th Career Goal

League Round 10: July Fourth 5-2 ΟΦΗ

Benayoun (5,26,75 Hat-trick) Hardy (7) Miku-Zidane (35) Rejmer (49 Pen) Eduardo (86) MOTM: Benayoun.
    S/O: Petersen (49)

July Fourth played magnificently in the first half with scoring 4 goals. I don't know what else happened than other than Petersen gave away a penalty in the second half and saw red and Benayoun scored another hat-trick.

Cup Last 16, 1st Leg: Fontanellese 1-4 July Fourth

Allen (20) Petersen (35) Kusama (60) Prati (65) Papaleo (71 pen) MOTM: Hardy

July Fourth played against the team they beat in the final 2 seasons ago, Fontanellese and took their time in about putting this tie to bed in the first leg, Brilliant Play from Allen made it 1-0 with a good solo goal, Followed by Petersen's strike to make it 200 goals for his JF career... Kusama made it 3-0 before Prati scored from distance to give Fontanellese a consolation as Papaleo soon scored from the penalty spot shortly afterwards.

So Chano Petersen makes it to 200, With Benayoun next to hit that landmark on 197. Miku has 187 but will miss out on 200 due to decline. Kusama still has a chance of reaching 200 as he is on 179.

As for Miku's 500th appearance?... Well, Due to missing most of the 2 matches today and entering them late. Miku is still on 498.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-15-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

$100 is 2 hrs of work before tax, so $50 per work hr.

Annually, on average a Swedish person earns: $50 x 40 x 52 = $104,000, i.e. 75,912 euros at exchange rate of $1.37/1 euro, before taxes. I can't say anything but WOW!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    This is the biggest problem with this game. Me - as a Swede - can buy as many tokens as needed to be a top team each season, without even feel the "money" but somebody else can't because every penny might count. Still it's the same price everywhere. That's what i meant by saying that more ppl should be able to buy tokens - or simply get rid of those token advantages. Ofc i wanna get any player I want, so I make sure i do so... I never lose a bid. But i feel sorry that not everyone can do so.

It's simply not fair.

I feel for you bud! I really do!, It really winds me up aswell, to me they should either do away with buying tokens or put token buyers all on seperate servers or amalgamate the game(split in two seperate groups) buyers and none buyers becuase at the moment no matter which way you look at it, its unfair to someone!, I dont buy tokens but get annoyed that people can buy success!, they are gaining an advantage!, so I counter this being in the uk by farming tokens!, this puts me on a levl par with heavy token buyers!, I have no choice otherwise I would not be able to substain the quality team neaded to compete!, on the otherside of the coin(your side) if I was you I would be anoyed that I was paying for tokens when someone else gets them free!!!, its no win for somebody somewhere!, this game to be fair has to have everyone on a even keel!, I have no problem if say you went up a level you where to get extra benefits within reason but nothing as to say someone going out and buying a team 10-15 points higher than everyone else! which is sadly how it is now!, I honestly hold my hands up and say Im one of them! I want to win things so I farm to get the strongest team possible!(full 22 man scout team) but as I said before I have no choice because I can not afford to spend hundreds of pounds training a team to 8 or 9 stars! but what I can do is get enough free tokens to buy a scout team and it hasnt cost me a penny!. THE GAME IS UNFAIR ALL ROUND.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

If you buy a Ferrari to race against Porsches that's one thing but to buy a Ferrari in a town full of Citreon owners you can't exactly complain that you can't get a decent race.

I was in Sweden for football waaaaaay back and I remember the prices. I nearly didn't drink either....just nearly.

EDIT: since this is a results thread I better add.....Celtic Rangers travel to Argentina for the first leg in the cup and secure a 4-1 win.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-15-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    I feel for you bud! I really do!, It really winds me up aswell, to me they should either do away with buying tokens or put token buyers all on seperate servers or amalgamate the game(split in two seperate groups) buyers and none buyers becuase at the moment no matter which way you look at it, its unfair to someone!, I dont buy tokens but get annoyed that people can buy success!, they are gaining an advantage!, so I counter this being in the uk by farming tokens!, this puts me on a levl par with heavy token buyers!, I have no choice otherwise I would not be able to substain the quality team neaded to compete!, on the otherside of the coin(your side) if I was you I would be anoyed that I was paying for tokens when someone else gets them free!!!, its no win for somebody somewhere!, this game to be fair has to have everyone on a even keel!, I have no problem if say you went up a level you where to get extra benefits within reason but nothing as to say someone going out and buying a team 10-15 points higher than everyone else! which is sadly how it is now!, I honestly hold my hands up and say Im one of them! I want to win things so I farm to get the strongest team possible!(full 22 man scout team) but as I said before I have no choice because I can not afford to spend hundreds of pounds training a team to 8 or 9 stars! but what I can do is get enough free tokens to buy a scout team and it hasnt cost me a penny!. THE GAME IS UNFAIR ALL ROUND.
    Best would be if tokens didn't exist. More fun, more fair. And @ HULIANO - I earn 158 swedish kr every hour before tax, that is $24,07 to be exact. Not my fault Sweden rock, huh? ^^ @ Buffs Mad - Good u didnt drink here, because one beer in Sweden cost same as what? 15 in Scotland.
    Last edited by Tommy Vernersson; 05-15-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast