Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What is your winning formula?

Rookie

What is your winning formula?

Hi guys... Currently my team just does not perform even though most of them are 5 stars already. I keep getting draws and loses. I'm using the most basic 4-4-2 formation and set some bonus for them too but still get bad result.

What is you guys winning formula? How do you get undefeated?

Banned
    E = MC ( square )...

Lol Sid... is that 3 narrow DC covered by two DML/R, one midfield and a square formation of 2 AMC and 2 ST?

---DC-DC-DC---
    DMR---------DML
    -------MC-------
    ---AMC--AMC---
    ---ST-----ST---

On a serious note, there is no winning formula. There is no undefeated formula. But it is easier to win using 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 Hexagon in the lower levels if you are against a lot of bots in your league. 3-5-2V could also work for lower levels as well.

As you go along, you can identify your strongest midfield player (winger or MC) and you can play to your strength and experiment with formations. Once you are comfortable with one, stick to it.

Cheers.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    Lol Sid... is that 3 narrow DC covered by two DML/R, one midfield and a square formation of 2 AMC and 2 ST?

---DC-DC-DC---
    DMR---------DML
    -------MC-------
    ---AMC--AMC---
    ---ST-----ST---

On a serious note, there is no winning formula. There is no undefeated formula. But it is easier to win using 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 Hexagon in the lower levels if you are against a lot of bots in your league. 3-5-2V could also work for lower levels as well.

As you go along, you can identify your strongest midfield player (winger or MC) and you can play to your strength and experiment with formations. Once you are comfortable with one, stick to it.

Cheers.
    Actually I'm changing my squad almost every season. I try to buy all 5 stars players. Is that a bad policy for winning?
    I can't really identify my best players... I just put my strongest with highest quality players I have.

Banned
    Yeah that's a bad strategy...No need to change whole squad...And also take a look at the players who are performing well...It might that a player in lower quality performs well than the player with higher quality......

I wont say it is a bad policy. It;s good if all the 5* players you bring in are consistent performers. However, it won't be the case.

To identify your strongest player, look at players who have gotten 8s consistently with the odd 6 or 7 here and there. That is the player you want to build your formation around.

While match ratings are sometimes ridiculous, it is often correct to identify good players who get rated 8 and above.
    fugazi likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Rookie
    So, you guys are saying that I should start noticing the ratings of the player after a match? Those always with 8 or 9 rating are players with good performance and should be retained in a team?

But if you buy a new player, how many matches do you give him before you determine that he does perform or not?
    I got some player after playing 10 matches, got 8 matches with 6 rating and 2 matches with 8 rating. Is that a good player or not? How bout those who every match got 7 rating only?
    How do you identify a player that can perform before you buy them?
    Last edited by Yen N Yik; 05-15-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    E = MC ( square )...
    You must be a hard-core fan of Age of Empire I game

Quote Originally Posted by Yen N Yik View Post
    So, you guys are saying that I should start noticing the ratings of the player after a match? Those always with 8 or 9 rating are players with good performance and should be retained in a team?

But if you buy a new player, how many matches do you give him before you determine that he does perform or not?
    I got some player after playing 10 matches, got 8 matches with 6 rating and 2 matches with 8 rating. Is that a good player or not? How bout those who every match got 7 rating only?
    How do you identify a player that can perform before you buy them?
    Consistent 8 = Must keep
    Occasional 8 = Keep
    Consistent 7 = Any goals/assist? Useful but I won't think twice about selling if required
    Can't get a decent rating against the whipping boys of league = Sell

There is no fixed number of matches for me. If he doesn't do **** in matches and gets a 6 I'll bench him and throw him in during matches with those in the bottom of the league or even cup matches. It's purely your call. There's no fixed rule.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    You must be a hard-core fan of Age of Empire I game
    How do you know this......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast