Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    How did you come up with that? Players are only on the negotiations list if they are 1 or 2 skill points away from their next star. If you want to keep the player, he'll only be there for a few days, and then he'll get his next star, also bids don't come in all that often. Therefore, majority of players on the negotiations list are players that managers want to be there, we leave them a skill point or two away from their next star and let them rack up the skill points, maybe use those skill points to give them another position or an SA so that they are more desirable.
    That doesn't make sense though, it's not always possible to get unwanted players anywhere near a next star, especially if they are older (which are more likely to be unwanted), it could takes months to do that, if you could improve players that easily they might not be unwanted! So in reality only a small percentage of the players on the list will be there deliberately and as I said you have no way of knowing. A player only needs to be there a few minutes to be bid on so at any one time the majority of players on the list will be first team players as there's more of them in general that's just maths. So considering that, firstly you have to wait up to 24 hours just to find out your offers are futile, and secondly the chance of actually bidding on a player that you need that's actually for sale being so low. The whole thing is a waste of time, you could might as well save a few more tokens and get a player twice as good from scout.

Quote Originally Posted by neonwired View Post
    That doesn't make sense though, it's not always possible to get unwanted players anywhere near a next star, especially if they are older (which are more likely to be unwanted), it could takes months to do that, if you could improve players that easily they might not be unwanted!.
    Then they'll just be sold on auctions. If they're nowhere near their next star, they'll be nowhere near negotiations.

Only those that are already near their next star will be kept to be sold on negotiations.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

I can see where neonwired is coming from, cause its the same from me. You're only looking at it as the seller side, Potemy, while being the bidder side is very tiresome.
    I've just turned lvl 4 a few days ago, and I saw the good offers on the negotiation list. So far I've bid about 4-5 times, each with 1-2 tokens to the seller (for me it costs 10-12, which is not so low in my lvl), and all I got is the "joy" to wait 24 hours 5 times...
    Only now, reading this thread, made me realize that I might be bidding for players that people don't want to sell. The problem is that I can't withdraw my offer and have to sit without those tokens (as I said, 12 is a lot for me) for 24hrs, as none of the people I've approached so far didn't even bother to reject the offer.
    Alas, I think I'll just go back to auctions, cause I need that position upgrade for the team, and waiting all this time without even being noticed is very frustrating.

Then they'll just be sold on auctions. If they're nowhere near their next star, they'll be nowhere near negotiations.

Only those that are already near their next star will be kept to be sold on negotiations.
    Exactly, that's my point, if all the players on the list were unwanted/for sale it'd work but most wont be. For example I currently have a player who happens to be close to the next star, he's also injured so not getting any training points. He's an important player and I have no intention of selling him but I'm still getting offers. All so far have been 1 or 2 tokens and have no hope. To get anywhere near an offer that might tempt me, 20+ tokens, it would cost them nearly 50 tokens, so they might as well go to scout and get a much better player.

Exactly, that's my point, if all the players on the list were unwanted/for sale it'd work but most wont be. For example I currently have a player who happens to be close to the next star, he's also injured so not getting any training points. He's an important player and I have no intention of selling him but I'm still getting offers. All so far have been 1 or 2 tokens and have no hope. To get anywhere near an offer that might tempt me, 20+ tokens, it would cost them nearly 50 tokens, so they might as well go to scout and get a much better player.
    You're way too greedy then, the most you can get from a negotiation is 20T.

Negotiations-nego.jpg

I'm happy.

What I did last season was save the skill points on my best players so that none of them reached 6*. I had about 5 players to sell on negotiations this season, still got 3 of them in the squad, but it's worth it if I can get tokens, and with the tokens, way more cash than they're worth.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

You're way too greedy then, the most you can get from a negotiation is 20T.
    Which is way too low when he cost me 26. The stupidity of it is that most of the offers are for 0!? Why would i accept 0? I'm getting tired of rejecting them, thankfully he's back from injury soon.

Which is way too low when he cost me 26. The stupidity of it is that most of the offers are for 0!? Why would i accept 0? I'm getting tired of rejecting them, thankfully he's back from injury soon.
    I agree about the 0T bids, but getting some tokens is better than selling him on auctions and getting none, especially for users like me who don't buy tokens. I keep players to be sold on negotiations if they have low-ish training speed and hit negotiation standard (1 or 2 points from the next star).
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League