Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to make people get off bidding wars ?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    (or Tran, maybe..)

I usually try bid exactly 5 seconds into a round. Bidding early consistently does seem to
    send the message I want the guy,
    that or people on my server are afraid of my team since I obviously have Tokens.

I *never* will bid against any player from uh.. certain countries that have an obvious love of bidding wars!
    I learned awhile ago my pride, patience, and dignity are not so much compared to some.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going into the bidding I set a limit on how much I am willing to spend, otherwise I would keep going to avoid admitting defeat

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Honestly, the best way to get people off bidding wars is to be a token buyer with multiple scouts with special abilities. If I see someone has multiple players off the scout list or multiple nordgen players i automatically assume the person could potentially have infinite tokens.
    Stop bidding on players ending in 4 or 9, don't bid in the first week!, set a limit, see how many other bidders there are if 3 or more don't bid!...problem solved.

Kynan,
    Do you really have more than 1000 Tokens? I assume you buy them? Otherwise i cant see an explanation for this.
    I play now level 12 for the 12th season and i never had more than 10 T, most of the time it was between 0-5......

cheers, Harold.

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
    Kynan,
    Do you really have more than 1000 Tokens? I assume you buy them? Otherwise i cant see an explanation for this.
    I play now level 12 for the 12th season and i never had more than 10 T, most of the time it was between 0-5......

cheers, Harold.
    Yes, I have a few thousand tokens, however I have never bought any.

It is possible to "farm" tokens to earn them for free and in the UK it used to be really easy to win 200 tokens a day by watching videos etc...

The UK market seems to have tightened up a little of late, but I can still sometimes makes 20/30 tokens a day for free.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    Haha, i hate ppl doing bidding wars when i really need a player..
    So i was thinking to come up with some changes on facebook profile picture with this one

Probablly this would have the opposite efects, ppl would want to win the bidding war even more.
    i think that noone could even read that text, bidder's pic are so small....

12 seasons, 35T player
    5 Titles, 3 Runner-up, 2 Third place
    0 Champions league, 2 Runner-up, 3 Third place
    1 Cup, 0 Runner-up, 0 Third place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12