Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Worst season. Thought it was bad enough, but then it gets worse and worse

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.

Worst season. Thought it was bad enough, but then it gets worse and worse

I'm in the 9th place in my league. Currently in level 5. I've lost FIVE matches out of 13 and drawn 3. All my wins are very lucky. I don't know why. But this season really got me pissed off. I always throw my phone whenever i have a game. I'm very unfortunate. Most of my games, i dominate possessions, i have plenty of shots, corners, free-kicks, many dangerous efforts. But i only have like 0.0000001% chance of scoring. I don't know why.

I have high quality players. I know quality doesn't affect the game. But i've played with lower quality players when the season started. It didn't went well. I lost like 4-5 matches in one week. So, i decided to replace some of my players little by little..but i don't sell my MC who has been with me since the first season and he's the top scorer of the team and specializes in taking free-kicks. I keep him and some players from each position. My strikers are also the same strikers i bought/used last season. Young, have special abilities, 5 stars, scored many goals last season. But this season, all my reliable players only score once in like every 3-5 matches.

I change my formation a lot because the formation i used to stick to, which won me 2nd place last season, didn't win me a single game this season. I have to change one formation to another every single week. Of course i sometimes have to change it depending on what my opponents' are using. I mean if i'm not really confident about a match, i will search for the counter formation on the forum. But i have experience in playing with same formations in my previous seasons. It always brought me to victory. If i had to lose, i'd only be losing 1-0,2-1. Not more. This season, all the formations i use, do not work like it used to.

Earlier this season, my players got injured for almost every single match. Injuries and red cards are very common for me this season. That's why i had to buy more players. I always make sure my players' conditions and morals are maxed. I don't know what did i do wrong. I'm out of the Cup and CL. I don't know what should i do. This is the worst season i've had.

Had a season like this 2 years ago (on my old acc). Was all excited about it, team with mostly 4* players and bam, relegation. Still no idea why...So on way to go could be to just tank this season and bounce back on the next one.

And about players, I've noticed that if buy some new stronger players but keep your most trusted players set to take free kicks, corners, penalties both new and old players drop in performance. So check again who has the best crossing (for corners) and best shooting (for free kicks) and set them to take. Obviously if you have a SA free kicker or corner taker set him as first option BUT(!) a player with SA is usually useful only if he's higher than 3*.

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    I have a freekick SA as said in my post, an amr who specialized in corner, strikers with penalty SA and one-on-one. Also an aerial dl. All of these SA players are 4-5*. I set them to take set pieces according to their SA. It doesn't always work as often as it should. Huhu should i just tank? Or is there any way that i can get my team back onto winning form?

Difficult to know what to say. You might have reacted badly to early season losses and changed too much at one time or you might not have. Can't really tell from your post how long you stuck with what worked before or when you started to changge things a lot.

The most important thing when making changes is to be able to see what works. If you change players, formations, orders or whatever at the same time then it becomes difficult. An unexplainable dip in form followed by the wrong changes can turn into a major slump.

You need to decide what your new target is for the season and then judge if you can reasonably expect to get the minimum you'd expect. (I've no idea what 9th is relative to top or 2nd or 4th or 7th.)

If it was me I'd try to steady the ship. Instead of looking to beat the next opponent I'd look for a balanced formation that utilises my best players and minimises my weaknesses. I'd even consider taking a counter-attacking only outlook for a few games just to see what happens but I'd do that based on being able to see all the matches and opponents and making a judgement.

Like Buff's said, it's hard to say. Sometimes you would change a bit too much after just one loss so it messes a lot of things. Then the second loss would make u change more which royally screws you.

When I am having a dip or when I lose a game, I stick to my guns and maybe bench the offending player (there is always one), sometimes it is a DR who get a 6 when everyone else gets a 7/8. If I lose more than 3 in a row with the same formation & orders then that shd be confirmation your team needs a nudge. If they recover the next match or two matches later then I don't change a thing.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Dreamer
    It's been a strange season of troll results for me too. I just can't stop conceding goals.

Last season it happened to me, in the 2nd ROUND of LEAGUE i just wasent able to win, just end in 9th place, like me the team that ended in 8th place, we have similar quality.

This season, same players, same formations, me and the other team are in same LEAGUE again and we are both confortable in top 4.

Just set a formation and stick with it during 2/3 games, same players, just to see If you spot the bad performers, then bench them.
    Try reliable formations like 442 or 4411 or any other not to ofensive.

Sometimes you just need to forget a season and restart in the next one.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

SA's are never a guarantee. The skills are proggrammed in hidden mode, and a player can be better in corners without show any SA of corners... and a player wth SA of corners, can be in hidden proggramming % worst programmed.
    When season starts one have to do friendlies and prove in fouls and corners 2 players (1 right 1 left and see because in every season there is a pleyer with more chances than the others)... and formation... mate you have to read my Bayern team page and read the section of team phillosophy :P
    But a 4-3-1-2 is a very good formation, and the AMC can be a MC or ST without problems of any penalty in possession bonus.