Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Somebody needs to explain this for me please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Abed View Post
    Hi all,

I know about losing to a team who has less quality than mine, that has happened but not like this today!!!
    what the hell happened?? the difference between the teams average quality was 20!!! yes 20!!
    my average quality is 36 and his 16.7
    and guess what, I lost a home match 0:2 !!
    here are the formation, my team is on the left:Attachment 2004

may our experts analyze the situation!!
    Ill try to give a two sides explanation:
    It seems to me that the average quality (note: not the starting 11 quality) made you underestimate your opponent. Quality difference on the field might have been less than 20.
    Then we got the formation issue. At 90% of whatever 5 stars players formation, beats 2 stars formation. but what about the rest 10% ???
    First point is always to respect your opponent, it doesnt matter if you play vs barca or your village united. Always respect your opponent.

as you can see I started with 4-5-1 V formation then after conceding the first goal changed to 4-3-2-1 then after the second I pushed in another striker, substituted for AML. that's all!
    ah and red arrows on DMC , AML and AMR.
    If I was in his shoes I would play ultra defensive butterfly (3 dc -2 dml/dmr-2 mc-2 aml/amr -1 st) with long passes, counter attack, try to destroy your aml/amr and pray to god almighty to make it happen.
    As I see your formations he succeeds in doing so both wings.
    His dmr on the one side and his dml on the other seem to counter your wingers... what about his dmc with a red arrow??? maybe he could be forward too.... or no arrow and reinforce center transition, or blue one to make a fourth defender.

Now I ll switch to your side, he throwed everything he got in his midlefield, your left and right defenders should had red arrows in order to make space shorter to your aml/amr - also to reinforce your midlefield, where you play with 2 players(kiss red arrow aml/amr byebye- too far away especially if you chose short passing) against 5 but thats not all.

Hes got amc on the field and you place a red arrow on your dmc? I am sorry but when you see amc the least you can do is no arrow - the best is blue arrow. He connects his middle really nice with his attack and your poor dmc tried to return to his defense in vain because he was too forward for that.......

I m afraid bottom line is, he got a nice tactic & his players played the game of their lives, while yours underperformed, could be your tact, could be just your players and 9 times out of 10 you would have won. Stars aligned the lowbie's way.

Nordeus think that by applying these measures it will keep low level managers in the game, well it may and it may also lead them to think!! ...... Wow! ..... just think what I could do if I had a few more quality players, they get more competition $, in some cases ten times more than for the equivalent league games, all they are short of is .... Yes! 'TOKENS' de dede!
    When I was a lowbie, I always preffered not to attend games because I noticed in that way I could steal results from better opponents, therefore this makes enough common sense to me.
    Unfortunately sometimes stats and numbers get beaten by irrational game engine I m afraid. Its something that happened and will happen again to all of us and we cant do nothing but taking the best care of our team to avoid as possible such unfortunate results.
    Last edited by Spyros; 02-11-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Benlee4u and suiram1 like this.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jourjaque View Post
    what are you suggesting accy the game engine works different for the Cup matches ? i guess it's the same **** for all but being eliminated from the first round and losing a lot of cash hurts so everybody started to scream !

loosing today private me for at least 7mil .... so f# them ! i started to hate this game even if his idea is a nice one !
    No I'm not. I,ve said this before and I'll say it again, IMO winners are decided before a ball is kicked, wether that be individule games or rounds.
    Last night dv8r and myself played a friendly, what I did with tactics during the game, there was no way I should have won,countering logic with reverse orders made no difference what so ever.
    Benlee4u likes this.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    without computers the size that NASA use.
    Ummmm... so what exactly is NASA using those computers for right now anyway? Maybe
    we could borrow them for a bit?
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

I'll sum up in one comment from my game today, how pathetic this game engine is.
    'Shearer make a desperate challenge........... he was the last man' Yeh! right he was my lone striker in a 3N-3-2-1-1, playing Mentality normal. Id love to know where the rest of the team where.
    Playsmartpeople likes this.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

Quote Originally Posted by Kyroshill View Post
    Ummmm... so what exactly is NASA using those computers for right now anyway? Maybe
    we could borrow them for a bit?
    You still need the brains to write the programs.

The best thing that could happen for this game is a brand new game engine, cost $$$$$$$$$ not gonna happen while new customers come tnrough the doors every day.

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

I'll sum up in one comment from my game today, how pathetic this game engine is.
    'Shearer make a desperate challenge........... he was the last man' Yeh! right he was my lone striker in a 3N-3-2-1-1, playing Mentality normal. Id love to know where the rest of the team where.
    guess they were chewed to pieces by the game engine monster
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Apprentice
    they were watching shearer to go 1 on 1 with the opponent... 1 on 1, no one can interfere....

It has nothing to do with the alleged 'new engine' these results have been around as long as the game has.
    IMO nothing has changed much in the last three seasons at least, take alook at the goals scored last season, on a par with most seasons that I have been around for.
    Someone voices an opinion and all of a sudden it was written in the bible.
    Yes! I also have thought at times that the darkside has become darker still, only to find a few days later that the sun still shines.
    Can you imagine the complxity of the codes that would need to be entered into every game to apply some of the theories that have been suggested.
    I ran it by a friend in Leeds, he has a programming company (software and games used to work for Sony in Liverpool) his words impossible, without computers the size that NASA use.
    comn .. there are games like football manager and others run in average PCs .. and T11 is not that sophisticated
    i lost a game facing a team lower than me who played with 1 strikers, while all remaining 10 players were defending .. i had 4 at the back (2 CB with blue arrow) plus one DM facing that striker who is worst than them quality wise!! yet he managed to score 5 goals .. crazy .. counter attack is over powered in this engine
    the code is not that sophisticated (i do programming) it need to be light enough to run a game online with acceptable detail, i even think all those skills means nothing ... all what game calculate is the 3 main overall skills (def, att and Phy) .. sure i hope am wrong ... but i have high suspicious that this is the case
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

This is my 8th season in Top11 & I am a non conspiracy theorist. I reckon I've played close to 500 matches since I started, maybe more & I have copped 3 maybe 4 dud results in all that time.

If over the next 500 matches I cop only 3 or 4 dud results, that ratio will do me just fine.

No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Luskin Star View Post
    This is my 8th season in Top11 & I am a non conspiracy theorist. I reckon I've played close to 500 matches since I started, maybe more & I have copped 3 maybe 4 dud results in all that time.

If over the next 500 matches I cop only 3 or 4 dud results, that ratio will do me just fine.

I think I have had a similar outcome to you since I started Top Eleven, Altough when I was Level 9 (my worst season), I got beaten by a Level 6 team in the cup...

Level 9, was the only season where I lacked tokens to seriously strengthen my team so I didn't buy any players that season and I paid for that on the pitch, Lost in Quarters in CL and spent most of the season in 5th-6th in the league only having a 8 match winning streak to get upto 2nd.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 02-12-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast