Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: Season 56

We started off on the right foot today, earning a much-needed 1-nil victory in the CL. Daniel Bilali took over the team lead by scoring his 5th in all competitions to open the scoring, and assisted on Aron Johannsson's 87th minute goal that gave us the victory. However, it was Danny Califf who was MOTM, as our defense held them to only 5 shots on target and a mere 2 corners. We stay in 3rd place in the Group, but are only 1 point off of 2nd.

Howard, Beasley, Califf, Grella, Johnson, Bjørge (Donné 68'), Frost, Gomez, Nogueira (Jóhannsson 77'), Green, Bilali

The League match wasn't nearly as positive, as we fell, 3-1. We were behind 3-nil just after the interval, and even though we were a man up for the last 35 minutes, we failed to generate much offense. Garath McCleary hit on his 5th goal of the season to get us on the score sheet, but that was it. He's now tied for 3rd in the league with two others on 6 goals. Academy product Fabián Short made his Chargers debut. The result sees us in 10th place and a date with another lineup full of 6* tomorrow.

Howard, Woods, Ikhide, op den Kamp, Donné, Rowland (Frost 58'), Short, Carrizo, McCleary (Green 88'), Jóhannsson, Altidore (Bilali 73')
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

New set of commentary arrives on PFT server. I think they made the word longer. Purely cosmetic
    Gintaras Račas likes this.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Update of last 2 days.

Yesterday I had 1 league & 1 cup match.

In the league match it was a battle for the 3rd place spot. After his team scored the first goal on (ANOTHER) double corner at the 30th minute to take a 1-0 lead. But the lead didn't last long because 12 minutes later my MC blasted a shot from 30 out to tie the match up. Finally in the 81st minute my striker came up big with a header to take the lead and ultimately win the match 2-1.

In the Cup match, my striker scored a goal in the 7th minute before being injured in the 18th minute. Without a striker on the bench, I had to sub in an AMC to take over for him. In the 24th minute my DMC scored, and to finish it off in the 84th my MR beat the GK to help lead B.A. Everton to a 3-0 victory.

Today's 2 matches. 1 league & 1 Champs

In the league match my opponent lined up with an illegal formation and the scoreboard showed with a dominant 6-0 beating. My MR once again with a brilliant game taking partaking in 4 (3 assists) of the 6 goals in the match.

O

I was unable to partake in the 2nd match, because I started a new job! So I'm not sure what happened. But I do know i'm glad I used my red packs to get him healthy after being injured.

Lost in 2nd leg of Cup 3rd round 2-1 at home to a team 1 level higher (1-4 aggregate). Opposing manager had a bunch of friends support his team and cancelled out any home pitch advantage. Ninjaa FC was technically higher quality on average, but only because of higher quality backups. The other team had a slight advantage on quality on the starting lineups.

The other team was incredibly strong on the wings in midfield and defense, and took away most chances. Even so, my midfielders and strikers all under-performed, and received ratings of 5-6.

A pretty poor performance by the team in this round, but all things considered not a bad run in the Cup. The Cup was made up mostly of level 4 and 5 teams, and a lot of them went out and bought 5 star players for their levels after the season started. Won't get a treble this season as I had hoped, but a double in League and CL is looking quite possible.

Perfect Tactics celebrates its 100th competitive match in style with a 5-0 win over Gemini FC.

Gemini FC's MC Jorge Burutxaga got sent off in the 34', while Ian Thorpe performs a Kung-Fu style tackle on their striker Agus Arif in the 74'. He received a round of applause for that kick, despite the referee doesn't appreciate his tackle style and yellow carded him. Tiziano Scarpa scored 2 longrange efforts today.

Alejandro Guzman, today's MOTM, receives a commemorative plate as he wins the award on the club's historic match. Perfect Tactics' manager also awards the players, manager and staff coaches of Gemini FC with commemorative medals.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Striker-Dribbler FTW

Since I enjoy reading all your daily matchday reports I decide to join in starting today

Cup: Galatico FC came to the away 2nd leg of the cup Playoff match after the 2-2 scoreline at home in the first leg. They know they have their work cut out in order to advance against the opponent who is two levels ahead but has a default squad of 3* 30+ year olds (To him) which came up to 5* in my level. However his team was boosted by a previous 13-0 win on their league match so are fairly confident of progressing

The Galatico's first match with the new commentary kicks off with dogged defence by the opponent but we managed to take the lead from a double corner with my left foot Striker Sandu opening the scoring on the 6th minute. The manager decides to opt for defensive mentality to maintain the lead but eventually lost the lead after the opponent scores on the 15th minute.. With a shot by his DEFENDER (assist by his MC) Unfortunately this scoreline was maintained throughout the entire match as my team struggled to break him down even after changing to attacking mentality and eventually hard attack and swapping a DMC with a AMC in the 60th minute. His defence consistently blocked all the shots I had and my FK SA defender cannot even get past the first wall as their defenders played the game of their lives. His GK saved 3 shots which from the looks of it, was a certain goal. Eventually the manager told all his MC and ST players to bomb forward with red arrows hoping to get that 2nd goal but it was to no avail. The Galaticos are once again knocked out on away goals rule. In addition, to rub salt on the wounds the opponent took out my MC on the 88th minute and receives yet another injury to add to the ever growing list. He will be absent for 12 days with a broken foot.... :/

The manager rages and kicks the water bottle away from the dug out and mutters the win bonus advantage the higher league opponent has on their players. The manager ponders on another opportunity to progress missed as the opposition manager didn't show up for both games and Galatico's had 15% possession bonus on both grounds with support from higher level managers. It looks like winning the triple crown will once again have to wait another season.
    Last edited by Alfyan; 08-05-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Can anyone please help me counter this formation?

DR --- DC --- DL
    DMR DMC --- DMC DML
    --- --- --- --- ---
    --- --- AMC --- ---
    --- ST --- ST ---

I was thinking 4-5-1V (DC/DR/AMR/AML Up Arrow, Attacking, Down both flanks, hard tackle, no offside/counter).
    or
    3N(DC)-3N(MC)-2W(AML/AMR)-2N(ST) ?
    or
    3N-5-2 V style? (down both flanks or mixed?, attack, ...)

Please help!

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by suddinah; 08-05-2014 at 11:03 AM.

League: Buffs FC today entertained a visiting side from Malaysia. In fact the Buffs entertained everyone with a 7-0 win that had 4th placed Fire Truck FC powerless to deal with a hot Buffs attack.

*inset other puns regarding 999/911, 'scorching', 'inferno, 'burned' etc*

Goals: McCoist (28), McStay (36), Baxter (50, 76), Nicol (73), Dalglish (79, 83).

Fire Truck emerged in 4-4-2 flat and so Buffs started in 4-4-1-1 through the middle. McCoist was injured (3 days) in the 51st minute and replaced by Dalglish. With the score at 3-0 in the 70th minute wide-men Baxter and Henderson were pushed forward as wingers and focus changed to the flanks to add a further 4 goals.

Nicol, Baxter and Dalglish (sub 52) all rated 9 with the Bubbly going to recent Academy recruit Baxter.

Buffs Mad said "This match was a worry after the opposition had shown great resilience defensively. But now its over and my thoughts are on how to unlock our higher Quality/level Cup opponent from 1-0 down."
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 08-05-2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: changed injury to 3 days
    pnr8555, Dman2pt, ninjaa and 1 others like this.

3-1! The PaceWhores win their 4th consecutive League game and 3rd in all competitions.

3N-4-1-2 vs SC-Tanja's 4-4-2. On 35th minute Ortega converts Senagul's cross, on 56th Edmel Reginald smashes the 2nd and 10 minutes later Schintee gets assisted by Mirauskas, dribbles, fakes a shot and scores. Later, on 73rd minute SC-Tanja pull one back but who cares?

Tactical substitutions were made, like subbing off captain Buitkus and then Senagul, having in mind Cup game later today. Although some unexpected ratings (e. g. scottish LB Ross Russell getting rated 8+MOTM) bring the manager back to hard thinking on who to trust in the important game in which we play at home and have to come-back from 2-1 down.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast