Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tanking this season.

Tanking this season.

I've decided to tank this season. The CL and Cup went horrible, in League I was in 2nd but mediocre in goals scored and horrible in defense. Time to rebuild I guess.

Rather than playing an illegal formation though, I'm running my team into the ground and trying to maximize training on everyone. In the mean time I just picked up a new DL/DC and I'm bidding on a new CM, my two weakest positions.

GL me.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    If I was in 2nd, I don't think I'd tank! But have fun with rebuilding & training up your guys.
    Peter Renn and cookizzz like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Cat, If you are 2nd even not playing well, Why not playing this season and Tank the next one, were you have CL again.
    That way you can play CL and CUP games with you stronguest team and play the weaker players in LEAGUE.

The CL money is a good help for Buying New players.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    I've decided to tank this season. The CL and Cup went horrible, in League I was in 2nd but mediocre in goals scored and horrible in defense. Time to rebuild I guess.

Rather than playing an illegal formation though, I'm running my team into the ground and trying to maximize training on everyone. In the mean time I just picked up a new DL/DC and I'm bidding on a new CM, my two weakest positions.

GL me.
    Tell us how that works.
    Be interesting to see if you lose against teams worse than you if you have no moral and condition.
    I found that very difficult when I tried it and would still win games.
    Was a real sweat one season where I had to rely on other teams gaining points for the last 5 games to make sure I definitely stayed down.
    Illegal formation was the only way to ensure that.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Tell us how that works.
    Be interesting to see if you lose against teams worse than you if you have no moral and condition.
    I found that very difficult when I tried it and would still win games.
    Was a real sweat one season where I had to rely on other teams gaining points for the last 5 games to make sure I definitely stayed down.
    Illegal formation was the only way to ensure that.
    In the last 2 seasons, i have tryed to Tank using my lowest quality players, 3,2 and even 1* players! low moral, but at least 90% condition to prevent injurys. I end in 4th and 6th, and i even won or draw against the Best teams.

This season i am playing with my Best team, sometimes with 1 or 2 weaker players, i am current in 11st, so who can figure this out.
    I am starting to think that this engine only gets worst
    Peter Renn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    In the last 2 seasons, i have tryed to Tank using my lowest quality players, 3,2 and even 1* players! low moral, but at least 90% condition to prevent injurys. I end in 4th and 6th, and i even won or draw against the Best teams.

This season i am playing with my Best team, sometimes with 1 or 2 weaker players, i am current in 11st, so who can figure this out.
    Its weird yea, i don't tank, but still have problems to get promoted, always go out with my best team, but the entire league active n similar quality. current im in6th,but 2 loses might bring me down to 10th o so, all close, so it sucked, cause i agree u better tank while u play cup n champions a few rounds, to get the cash, right now for me only league is left, without qualify cl spot would make me facing hard next season cause no cash...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post

Why were you worried about injuries if you were tanking?
    That's one of the benefits, you can have 10 players with broken necks and you still just sit back and accumulate the red packs!

LOL

I tanked for 1st time when I finished 2nd in League... after that, thank 2, won 2 leagues tank 2, won league, 2nd and won league and tank 2 for now... that will be a tank 3 and maybe 4 because we are in summer and I prefeer the sun in the place of Top Eleven...

Is a very good strategy to play without stress, preparing the team to enjoy the game in light mode and without be 500 days in a row with matches with a game controlling one. Is the better election to enjoy game/own life and the better election that one can do by my viewpont.
    Too we have to count that one can save tokens and buy 18 age Nordgens near the day 13 of the season, when the usual Token buyers have the team done, and don't go to the market... so all is more beautiful tanking.

Usually I leave the cup too, to be playing more light mode, and thats why I won the last 8 Champions League editions playing in this mode, -non stress-
    I'will challange you to try to win the next 2 editions of your CL playing in this mode, because is posible
    remember that if you can watch videos to save greens for powertraining, is an interesting option, like play friendlies and attend matches to do the substitution to win a green.

Yes, but while the players are injured, they dont increase quality, and thats also another benefit of tanking your players have 2 seasons to gaine SP. Making them stronguer in the season after promotion.
    tarcanes92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    Its weird yea, i don't tank, but still have problems to get promoted, always go out with my best team, but the entire league active n similar quality. current im in6th,but 2 loses might bring me down to 10th o so, all close, so it sucked, cause i agree u better tank while u play cup n champions a few rounds, to get the cash, right now for me only league is left, without qualify cl spot would make me facing hard next season cause no cash...
    I also have that situation in the team on level 12 and 13, after level 9 or so the teams start to be very balanced, usually there are always 9 to 10 teams that can fight to promotion, so all the teams go up and down in the table after each ROUND.
    Peter Renn and Cat Harrison like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast