Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What are your training tactics?

Rookie

What are your training tactics?

Really interested to hear how other gamers do their training. I'll share what I'm currently doing and interested to hear what others do.

So I'm in Australia so my morning when I wake up is basically 4 or 5 hours before the Top 11 server resets for the next day. Most people walk their dog, I don't, I set the whole squad to a cardio work out lol, I never have them on a higher intensity than "normal" and as I rarely seem to have had games when I'm asleep, their condition tends to be full.

I tend to have games early to late afternoon my time which Top 11 time wise is the beginning or early stages of the day. After any game, those players who didn't play, or who only came on as subs and still have a condition in the 90's, I put through a practice match, again only ever on an intensity of "normal".

Other than that I'm not really running training unless the kick off times are a bit strange or I haven't got a game (rare at the beginning of the season).

What does everyone else do? Wondering if I can make improvements without leading to injuries.

I normally concentrate on 1 or 2 of the younger faster trainers in the squad with a good all three workout depends on how many green packs I have hun !!!! and I never train unless I have enough red packs to revive them lol

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Famous
    I train my players all the time, making sure they never reach 100%.
    So if they don't have a game for 24 hours then I'll train them down to just under 60% (8 x 3h recovery)
    2 games in a day is slightly more awkward, making a few substitutes and working out when the game after is to be so the players will naturally recover in time.

Yeah i train them down so when the next match comes they will be back near 100%. Also I avoid practice match if possible because of its frequency of injuries. If I have the time I will only train them down to a minimum of 80%, and then when they get back near 100% I train them again. It cuts down on injuries

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Rookie
    I train my players making sure this does not cost me any boosters, meaning:
    - I set the training intensity to medium in order to avoid injuries. Nevertheless, this does not guarantee you won't get any injuries at all, (even in stretching), but it should decreases the "chances".
    - I never over- neither undertrain my players. The purpose is that they are between 90 and 99% condition (and never waste 5% condition when they reach 99%) when they start their next match.

However, this year, I will have to go for friendlies for my B team as I am really short of morale boosters. A level 1 friend is my consenting victim for me to easily gain these 2 boosters + the daily booster he's gifiting me. Many thanks to him
    Cat Harrison and andrewh like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I train my players all the time, making sure they never reach 100%.
    So if they don't have a game for 24 hours then I'll train them down to just under 60% (8 x 3h recovery)
    2 games in a day is slightly more awkward, making a few substitutes and working out when the game after is to be so the players will naturally recover in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    Yeah i train them down so when the next match comes they will be back near 100%. Also I avoid practice match if possible because of its frequency of injuries. If I have the time I will only train them down to a minimum of 80%, and then when they get back near 100% I train them again. It cuts down on injuries
    I do the same. If you notice, players can only have 99% in this game everywhere, 100% just doesn't exist.

I actually wrote myself a C#.NET application that calculates the Rest % gained from the current moment until the next match. I'll change home match times if I think I need more or less across the board.

Since a green pack is 15% you want players to be between 84% and 99% at the start of any given match. Young players that are not ready for starting eleven work get hard training, most of my packs go there.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Dreamer
    That's an interesting point re. practice matches, I hadn't thought about that.

Looking at my 3 season's injury causes, the relative number of injuries does seem roughly proportional to the condition loss incurred in the actvity* - I generally give all my squad 1 of each type of training per day, assuming they also play a match. And I try to use friendly matches to ensure I play 2 matches per day (I failed on a few occasions while on holiday the last 10 days of last season and did extra training instead for the reserves), so the number of cup+CL+friendly matches will be roughly equal to the number of league matches**.

What are your training tactics?-injury-cause-s8_1.png

*Warning, 50 injuries is still a very very small sample
    ** 14 injuries in 79 league matches means you expect to get 1 every 5-6 league matches). Unfotrunately I haven't kept an exact count of the number of Cup/CL/Friendly matches played over the seasons. Based on my History I'd say that (over the last 3 and a bit seasons) I'd have played:
    Cup - 22 matches
    CL - 39 matches (almost identical chance of an injury as in league matches)
    Friendly - about 30 (so slightly higher injury probability but balanced by low Cup injury rate - possibly a small-sample issue. Though the severity of injuries is lower as a balancer).
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 07-29-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    That's an interesting point ........................ lower as a balancer).
    Keep at it m8, this is as good as it's going to get to have any kind of idea of how injuries are actually spread out.
    I'd far rather watch this unfold than some anecdotal 'Nordeus has hit the injury button to make us spend money' post that we get 99% of the time!

The one thing (and I know it's you that's doing it, I'm not the one getting off my arse and collecting all this information) , is the actual training intensity. Is it always medium? Or do you ever train on 'Hard'? I feel that makes a difference, but it'd be interesting to have something to back it up.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by gogs67; 07-29-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    Pete Cresswell and andrewh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    If you notice, players can only have 99% in this game everywhere, 100% just doesn't exist.
    I just round up. It makes things easier

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    I just round up. It makes things easier
    You're missing an stretching opportunity! :P
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast