Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    Here's my injury log & summary details as of the end of last season

21 injuries this season, one every 1.3 days on average, two days in a row I had 2 in a match in the league, away games at abandoned teams with rubbish pitches which blew out the average. My star striker Alawa was injured 3 times, but 41 goals in 29 matches is worth a few med packs!

Attachment 28347

Summary by season:
    Attachment 28348

Summary by activity:
    Attachment 28349
    Early last season lots of people were reporting an increase in injuries in friendlies, including me, but that levelled out over the season. Note for Cat, I play a 22-man squad, same as you, and I try to only give players 1 match a day, plus 1 of each type of training (with occasional power training on top), and I never play/train anyone who's below 80% rested. So you could use my injury probabilities as a guide - basically a 1 in 5 chance of an injury in any match*, and a 1 in 15-20 chance** in any training.

Types of injury:
    Attachment 28350
    Early days, but it looks a bit like injuries fall into 3 or 4 classes: Common (ankle strain & grade 1 hammy), moderate (hammy grade 2/3, ACL, Knee Cartilage), lower moderate (thigh/groin/heavy ankle strain) and rare (the rest)

* if you play 2 matches a day that's a 40% chance of at least 1 injury across the squad. If you play 5 or more (Sid, I'm looking at you ) you can EXPECT at least 1 injury a day - though if you're using rest packs pre-match that may drop a little
    ** So 1 of each type of training a day = a 1 in 5 or 6 chance of an injury.
    Combining the above, I average 0.6 injuries per day. People who work their squads harder should expect more than that.
    OMFG... people, stop! It's just a game.

In the other hand, Pete, congratulations for this accurate graphic. Day by day and season statistics with all what you write.

Print it out, go in front of Nordeus building, get a rock, attach the paper to rock and throw it in a fenster so they can see some stats'. Grats mate again!!!

21 injuries this season, one every 1.3 days on average, two days in a row I had 2 in a match in the league, away games at abandoned teams with rubbish pitches which blew out the average. My star striker Alawa was injured 3 times, but 41 goals in 29 matches is worth a few med packs!

Attachment 28347

Summary by season:
    Attachment 28348

Summary by activity:
    Attachment 28349
    Early last season lots of people were reporting an increase in injuries in friendlies, including me, but that levelled out over the season. Note for Cat, I play a 22-man squad, same as you, and I try to only give players 1 match a day, plus 1 of each type of training (with occasional power training on top), and I never play/train anyone who's below 80% rested. So you could use my injury probabilities as a guide - basically a 1 in 5 chance of an injury in any match*, and a 1 in 15-20 chance** in any training.

Types of injury:
    Attachment 28350
    Early days, but it looks a bit like injuries fall into 3 or 4 classes: Common (ankle strain & grade 1 hammy), moderate (hammy grade 2/3, ACL, Knee Cartilage), lower moderate (thigh/groin/heavy ankle strain) and rare (the rest)

* if you play 2 matches a day that's a 40% chance of at least 1 injury across the squad. If you play 5 or more (Sid, I'm looking at you ) you can EXPECT at least 1 injury a day - though if you're using rest packs pre-match that may drop a little
    Combining the above, I average 0.6 injuries per day. People who work their squads harder should expect more than that.
    Your immaculate postings are again stunning, but I have to add the details are quite depressing.
    Pete Cresswell and Gert Funck like this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Part of the fun of some games is playing with numbers.

Especially ones that involve statistics. (Is any one else here a fan of baseball?)

...So you could use my injury probabilities as a guide - basically a 1 in 5 chance of an injury in any match*, and a 1 in 15-20 chance** in any training.
    IF. If I had the exact same players you have with your orders and formations (and opponents, for that matter -- their facilities probably affect too)
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Cheers mate.

I do stats for a living, so a little extra non-work number crunching in Excel is light entertainment (currently in my day job I'm advising a supermarket chain on what their "must-stock" items should (statistically) be ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Alin Potec View Post
    OMFG... people, stop! It's just a game.

In the other hand, Pete, congratulations for this accurate graphic. Day by day and season statistics with all what you write.

Print it out, go in front of Nordeus building, get a rock, attach the paper to rock and throw it in a fenster so they can see some stats'. Grats mate again!!!
    Alin Potec and Gert Funck like this.

Dreamer
    I play cricket and softball - and keep the stats for both teams ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Part of the fun of some games is playing with numbers.

Especially ones that involve statistics. (Is any one else here a fan of baseball?)

IF. If I had the exact same players you have with your orders and formations (and opponents, for that matter -- their facilities probably affect too)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Both lots of fun with statistics... not too surprising then.

Where I grew up there's baseball fans, and those people who moved in from somewhere else.
    I like fun with numbers and soccer, not too surprising I like T11 either.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-26-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Attachment 28347

Summary by season:
    Attachment 28348

Summary by activity:
    Attachment 28349

Types of injury:
    Attachment 28350

I can bet you that if you keep the track of your injuries at initial level when you have not done any TURF upgrade the percentage of injuries will remain the same...

The only thing that will change is the probability of getting long term injury...At higher higher level there are more long term injury in order to even out the increased treatment packs that we get......
    Pete Cresswell likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    But indeed, without knowing what the initial 100% signifies, there is hardly any good way to know exactly what effect the improved facilities have..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post

Well examining the wording on the Grass upgrade, and given the "NEW COMMENTS" debacle, what does "Lowers the probability of injury by xx%" mean, from what number? It is not clear just like their comments today, I'm still just guessing what their commentary mean, Is lower 50% from the original 100% or from the latest probability of injury, WHO KNOWS! Your calculations are correct, but we can't really understand the premise.

Nordeus is too busy with online gambling to really bother with us now, so best to suck up the injuries.
    I have used 100 only because the maximum probability of any thing to happen can be 100...

From what number it doesn't matter what matter is this :

If X is the probability of injuries to occur at initial level when no TURF update has been done then according to Nordeus after fully upgrading the TURF the new possibility of injury should be (X*15.12)/100 which is certainly not true......

So let what ever be the number, after full TURF upgrade the injury rate should only be 15.12 % of it...

So ask yourself does the injury rate decrease by 84.88% from level 1 to the level when you have full TURF upgrade...
    Last edited by Siddharth Shanker Singh; 08-26-2014 at 12:31 PM.

I still thinking that when season start the game select players with more probability of injurie... sometimes I see the same 3 times and others don't,,,, in my experience all change every season.. some seasons more, some seasons less...
    now I do a tanking usually of 2 seasons so I save greens for when I play... and done xD

Banned
    There can be one more theory that :

At initial level the chances of injuries are low because the players are playing at low level a less competitive and physically demanding football...But as you move up the level the chances of injuries increase so in order to keep the chance of injury same as earlier upgrade your
    TURF...

Other wise at higher level you will have more injuries than at lower level...So TURF upgrade only stop the increase in injuries that can happen at higher level......

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast