Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: injuries

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Then please do some math for me. I have a full Squad of 22 players. Which mean possible 616 "days" right? So what is 65 days percentage wise to 616?
    I surrender......

10.551948051948...LoL...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    I surrender......

10.551948051948...LoL...
    For me is too much. I give up. Now i have a headache because of the game math. Better playing the game and swearing when a player is injured rather this "unknown numbers"
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alin Potec View Post
    For me is too much. I give up. Now i have a headache because of the game math. Better playing the game and swearing when a player is injured rather this "unknown numbers"
    LoL...I like your Avatar picture...Its cute......
    Alin Potec likes this.

LoL...I like your Avatar picture...Its cute......
    He's MEAN

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alin Potec View Post
    He's MEAN
    He is mean...Is that the pic of your dog...

Dogs are never mean they are cute and faithful......

Neah, he's just my "dream doggy"

He's not mean - but he is thinking about it.

Dreamer
    Here's my injury log & summary details as of the end of last season

21 injuries this season, one every 1.3 days on average, two days in a row I had 2 in a match in the league, away games at abandoned teams with rubbish pitches which blew out the average. My star striker Alawa was injured 3 times, but 41 goals in 29 matches is worth a few med packs!

injuries-injury-log-s8_28.png

Summary by season:
    injuries-injury-smmry-s8.png

Summary by activity:
    injuries-injury-cause-s8_fin.png
    Early last season lots of people were reporting an increase in injuries in friendlies, including me, but that levelled out over the season. Note for Cat, I play a 22-man squad, same as you, and I try to only give players 1 match a day, plus 1 of each type of training (with occasional power training on top), and I never play/train anyone who's below 80% rested. So you could use my injury probabilities as a guide - basically a 1 in 5 chance of an injury in any match*, and a 1 in 15-20 chance** in any training.

Types of injury:
    injuries-injury-type-s8.png
    Early days, but it looks a bit like injuries fall into 3 or 4 classes: Common (ankle strain & grade 1 hammy), moderate (hammy grade 2/3, ACL, Knee Cartilage), lower moderate (thigh/groin/heavy ankle strain) and rare (the rest)

* if you play 2 matches a day that's a 40% chance of at least 1 injury across the squad. If you play 5 or more (Sid, I'm looking at you ) you can EXPECT at least 1 injury a day - though if you're using rest packs pre-match that may drop a little
    ** So 1 of each type of training a day = a 1 in 5 or 6 chance of an injury.
    Combining the above, I average 0.6 injuries per day. People who work their squads harder should expect more than that.
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 08-26-2014 at 10:29 AM.

LoL...

Did you had any long term injuries in your FPL...I guess the answer is no...In starting levels you only have Hamstring Grade 1, Calf Strain Grade 1 injuries but as you Level Up players will tend to have Hamstring Grade 3 and Calf Strain 3 blah blah blah...

I think it because at initial level we are playing Local Level Football so injuries are also less serious but as we progress in Level and start playing at World Level the injuries also become more serious due to the pressure exerted on player due to fierce competitiveness at World Level...

And after every turf update they say it reduces the change of injuries by X %...If we go by that then there should no to very less injuries when we fully upgrade our turf but still a lot of injuries happens......

Here is the pitch improvement which we can do...

Attachment 28335

Now considering injury probability to be 100%...

Sprinklers L1 reduces injury rate by 10%...
    High-quality Grass L3 reduces injury rate by 20%...
    Artificial Turf L6 reduces injury rate by 30%...
    Water Drainage L9 reduces injury rate by 40%...
    Under-soil Heating L12 reduces injury rate by 50%...

So lets calculate : 100*(90/100)*(80/100)*(70/100)*(60/100)*(50/100) = 15.12

So after the whole Turf Update injury rate should decrease from 100 to 15.12 which is certainly not true......

So conclusion is Turf Update is purely cosmetic......
    Well examining the wording on the Grass upgrade, and given the "NEW COMMENTS" debacle, what does "Lowers the probability of injury by xx%" mean, from what number? It is not clear just like their comments today, I'm still just guessing what their commentary mean, Is lower 50% from the original 100% or from the latest probability of injury, WHO KNOWS! Your calculations are correct, but we can't really understand the premise.

Nordeus is too busy with online gambling to really bother with us now, so best to suck up the injuries.
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 08-26-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I would expect mine to be lower cos I'm always out of Cup, and higher when I power train (which it most certainly is)

But indeed, without knowing what the initial 100% signifies, there is hardly any good way to know exactly what effect the improved facilities have.. besides someone starting two teams on the same level and never upgrading the facilities on one, and play the same number of matches as the other which upgrades normally...and have everything else exactly equal.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-26-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: clarity
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast