Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Torres : From World Class to 5 star...

Famous
    I mainly watched Torres in Liverpool era and provide my few thoughts based on this.

Torres had good pace and excellent first step at that tie. Vidic always had hard time to match him. Liverpool mainly played counter attack. There were more space at front for him to run. Kuyt, who had great chemistry with Torres, was a very hard player and gave Torres a lot of help. Torres had good faith at that time, and always tried to dribble past opponent one on one. Probably, after some injuries, his first step may be slowed. Just a little difference on this can harm his game a lot.

He was only good if Gerard was feeding him

I agree with cookizzz. It's about way whole team plays. Strikers are specific players, they couldn't play effective in every club, no matter how good they are. Look at Sturridge, similary story as Torres (only opposite transfer). Chelsea though that he isn't good and useful for them so they got rid of him. He scored 36 goals in first 50 matches for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    So Torres was never so good, he was just at the right club when he was playing for Atletico Madrid and Liverpool......

look what I've said: correct moment and correct place to do history with not lots of goals.

won a Champions League in 2012 and who scored the Goal in semifinals against Barcelona o be in the final?

won a Eurocup in 2008 and who scored?

too won the World Cup...

Benfica -Chelsea in Europa League Final 2013...

won a lot, wihout score alot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    I agree with cookizzz. It's about way whole team plays. Strikers are specific players, they couldn't play effective in every club, no matter how good they are. Look at Sturridge, similary story as Torres (only opposite transfer). Chelsea though that he isn't good and useful for them so they got rid of him. He scored 36 goals in first 50 matches for Liverpool.
    Is Chelsea a club which destroys Strikers ???

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Is Chelsea a club which destroys Strikers ???
    No one said that. Look at Diego Costa. He is type of attacker which Chelsea needed since Drogba.

For example look at Bayern M., Mandžukić was effective under Jupp Heynckes, but useless under Guardiola.
    Last edited by t11_fan; 09-16-2014 at 01:46 PM.

I think the 50 million(player price from reds to blues) presure destroyd him
    And the mintilaty of the player
    He looks a weak person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12