Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree621Likes

Thread: Season 59

Dreamer
    What have you learned from last season?
    Always check your orders match your formation - not changing orders after tweaking my formation helped cost me the league win, and the CL final
    Opting not to add skill points after round 20 may also have cost me (though no-one else in my league was either) - but it meant I started the seasn with 350 skill points to assign, with associated cup-draw benefits!

And seeing the highest quality team in the league throw a tantie and tanking after I beat him in round 11 is quite satisfying (in round 22 he played a striker in goal, all other players out of position, and a ST-ST-AML-AMC-AMC-AMR-ML-MR super-attack formation). It would have been more satisfying had I beaten the (then) 8th ranked team in round 23 rather than getting trolled & drawing, because then the high quality team would have failed to tank!

Where did you place last season?
    2nd League, 2nd CL, Out CUP top 16

What's your current level?
    Level 11, season 11.

What's your budget for this season?
    $120m, 180 tokens - currently I'm managing to farm ~ 120 tokens a season without much effort, meaning I can afford 2 or 3 scouts a season

Who do you want to replace?
    Have already bought 3 good scouts (2 79 qual, 1 78, all 22yo) - MC, DMC/DC & AML/ML/DML. All but 2 of my remaining players are 5*, with those 2 being on qual 69. I do have 4 players out of contract at the end of the season, current plan is to re-sign 2 next season, and to keep an eye out for good 5*s in the market during the season to replace the other 2 (one may be sold after round 12 when I next get academy players to create space to sign & sell)

What are your goals for this season?
    Win the league (assuming I don't draw the uber-toker buyer who was unstoppable 2 seasons ago), win the CL, and go as far as possible in the Cup (I lost away 2-1 yesterday though, as the oppo's 3* GK made 5 saves (granted, so did my 6*GK)
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Nice little surprise won cup match 4-1 against better team

well done John, im not complaining because ive reached 3rd and Qf in last two seasons BUT this SA thing is a joke lol, i Drew 1-1 both legs and ET in 2nd leg and really fancied the Penalty shoot-out cos i had two MC Pen sa,s and two good strikers on the field, my opponent had none and i lost 4-2 on Pens lol, special abilities phfff lol
    reddeviljohn and Buffs Mad like this.
    Lgue Wins 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,24,25, 26,27,28,29,30,35,38,40,42,45,46,48,56,59
    R/Up
    3rd place 31,33,36,37,44,53
    Ch Lgue Wins 9,12,17,23,25,27,28,30,42,47
    R/Up 10,13,16,40
    CUP Wins ​11,12
    R/Up 23
    "TREBLE WINNERS" 12
    LEVEL 60?

@Pete Cresswell
    I'd suggest you to farm green packs instead of tokens and get nordgens instead of scouts
    It will pay off for sure
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    @Pete Cresswell
    I'd suggest you to farm green packs instead of tokens and get nordgens instead of scouts
    It will pay off for sure
    I have 280 greens currently anyway. I haven't seen a Nordgen in my markets in 3 seasons, as I refuse to set a 4.30am alarm in the UK to go looking for them.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Hmm, i'm on gmt+1 and i have no problems with finding nordgens, maybe that is caused by server...
    i'm now level 12 on server4, buyed nordgens in last few season without problems
    this season market wasn't filled with that good players, but i still managed to find sth good for my team
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Hmm, i'm on gmt+1 and i have no problems with finding nordgens, maybe that is caused by server...
    i'm now level 12 on server4, buyed nordgens in last few season without problems
    this season market wasn't filled with that good players, but i still managed to find sth good for my team
    I usually manange to do well buying higher levels' academy players, but Nordgens just don't pop up after 6am in the UK on my server. I was originally only going to buy 2 scouts this season, but my scout list was remarkably good (last season it was terrible), in positions where I needed to reinforce.
    t11_fan and Buffs Mad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmeg View Post
    well done John, im not complaining because ive reached 3rd and Qf in last two seasons BUT this SA thing is a joke lol, i Drew 1-1 both legs and ET in 2nd leg and really fancied the Penalty shoot-out cos i had two MC Pen sa,s and two good strikers on the field, my opponent had none and i lost 4-2 on Pens lol, special abilities phfff lol
    For sure mate I am thinking of not bothering with SA in future
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Just watched a fiends match v the bag bad wolf. It made some of the commentary a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    For sure mate I am thinking of not bothering with SA in future
    Few days ago I saw shadow striker (sa) fullback... They should change sth about that...
    reddeviljohn and Buffs Mad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    I have 280 greens currently anyway. I haven't seen a Nordgen in my markets in 3 seasons, as I refuse to set a 4.30am alarm in the UK to go looking for them.
    On Server 30... Just now

Buffs Mad likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast