Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Home and Away, does it matter, should it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Eleven Blogger View Post
    So I guess what's you're saying is, I SHOULD be at an advantage at home anyway, so to avoid any chances at all for the opponent I should play defensive ? And since I'm already at a disadvantage and hence more likely to lose away, I just go all out attacking to give myself a chance ? Is that the logic here ?
    Mo explained that its about away goals rule. If you can play defensive and shut out the opponent when you are home that gives you a nice advantage when you are away. And when you are away if you can score a lot of goals, even if you lose, it allows you to get the away goal advantage. I also use this strategy, unless of course playing defensively at home in the first leg led me to win by a nice margin, then i just repeat orders and tactics
    Cat Harrison and Qambu Yaasi like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I also think Home / Away do need to be played differently, and that it is more important difference in Cup or CL than League, and friendlies not so much.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whether you are home or away, doesn't matter, unless it is a cup game and away goals come into play. Other than that there is no obvious proof that you are stronger playing at home (possession is shady as someone mentioned). Possession probably has 5% impact on your play. I think the way the logic is set, you should worry more about chances created and shot efficiency - which directly tells you how good your players are!
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

You get more chances to score at home, thus more goals.

Nice post, I always seem to perform poorly away than home, maybe it has something to do with the possession factor. but I do agree with what everyone has said about cup games and going for the away goal as nobody likes to be knocked out on the away goals rule.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    You get more chances to score at home, thus more goals.
    The way the game is programmed, it's irrelevant. I've scored more goals away than at home.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Playing at home means you don't have to hire a bus.

Whether you play defensive or attacking or both or....is a judgement on what will do the job in any given game. I play defensive or attacking based on 3 criteria - 1. the quality of opponent 2. the effectiveness of my formation v oppononent's 3. the outcome I want. I do not factor in whether its home or away.

(Occasionally I might want or be required to use a formation that is not optimal so if I decide that changing the mentality improves that I will change it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    The way the game is programmed, it's irrelevant. I've scored more goals away than at home.
    That's an isolated sample.

No one knows how the game is programmed, we can only guess from observing.

In the end of the season, compare the number of goals scored home and away and you'll see that you always get more at home.

I don't know why. It's just the way that it is.

It's like Supersonic Ads.

You don't know who they are, you don't where they are.

But you can conclude what they are by observing.

Ok, so let me share what happened with me today, I was playing against an opponent of similar quality, maybe 2* higher, away from home,
    his formation :- 2-3w-1-2w-1 , I played with 4-1-2-1-2, His DMR got a red card on the FIRST minute, and my 5* AMC scored on the 15th minute, I'm leading and enjoying a lot of possession, he was not spectating, and there was no CROWD (0 attendance), then his team scores at 32' and 36', I'm baffled, I change my tactics at aroung the 60' and change to attacking, his team play even better, no mention of my forwards in the commentary AT ALL !! Then at 81' and 87' they score two more and I lose 4-1 away to a 10 man managerless team, I cannot believe it, almost threw my Phone away !!!
    Then in the evening I played against a muuuch higher quality team, but this time at home, she played with 4-1-2N-3 and I didn't bother to change anything thinking I'd lose anyway. But somehow each of my strikers score at 32' and 44' and I win with a comfortable 2-0 scoreline,
    she was spectating the match and made changes to her formation midway as well, they created chances (more than us) but could never capitalize, hitting the bar once.
    So is there a pattern here ? Or did I just get my formation wrong ??? Is this kind of a new change in the game ? The first match was in the league and the second was in CL.
    I had more (much) possession in the away match and lost disastrously.
    I had same possession as my opponent in my home match and won comfortably.
    So what does this say about the possession bonus theory ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast