Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Home and Away, does it matter, should it matter?

Home and Away, does it matter, should it matter?

I've had a couple of scenarios now where I have faced teams I've expected to annihilate, but end up barely escaping with a small margin win, or draw or worst case a loss, and I have noticed them to be mostly while playing away from home.
    I've not found any thread catering or hinting towards this topic, and frankly am just a little curious, so I'm asking any experienced players to drop a few cool pearls of wisdom on these burning questions.
    Is there any difference in team performances based on home and away? (other than the possession stat.)
    Should I alter my strategy based on the venue ? (especially if the quality of my opponent's team matches mine)
    And if not, shouldn't this feature be present ??? To make this "football" simulation game more realistic ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Top Eleven Blogger; 11-19-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Yes. There is a diference between home and away matches. My cup and cl results are showing that when I play @home I have advantage. Also I like to play with deffensive style@ home and attacking @away.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I agree here I tend to play home defensive to avoid away goals and when away I go all out attacking !!! ?? who knows but it my preference
    Cat Harrison and Qambu Yaasi like this.

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

no o o o

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    no o o o
    lol yesssssssss lol

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer
    Home games with filled stadium gives a slight advantage, which is not very big but its better than nothing.

So it is important to adjust your ticket price properly so that your stadium is filled.

So the only adv is in possession ? I don't really see that as a major adv anyway (in terms of affecting the result). And I find the way they calculate the possession in this game a bit shady to say the least.

Can you care to elaborate a little ? How is it an advantage to play at home if it means you have to play defensively, I mean that doesn't even sound right, never mind how unrealistic it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Avengers View Post
    I agree here I tend to play home defensive to avoid away goals and when away I go all out attacking !!! ?? who knows but it my preference
    So I guess what's you're saying is, I SHOULD be at an advantage at home anyway, so to avoid any chances at all for the opponent I should play defensive ? And since I'm already at a disadvantage and hence more likely to lose away, I just go all out attacking to give myself a chance ? Is that the logic here ?

I always said-.... the game don't have a big margin to give advantadge to one or another team... the Quality mean a lot, the internal proggramming mean a lot... then you can have some penalties, for wrong positions, no bonus for victory... whatch or no see the match... and... more things that I've always said for these lands but now dont remember LOL

So if we have to say if theres a difference between matches out and home, I will say that we have only the 5% possession... in other senses... the players work in same sense... and the game do exactly the same out and innnn.... ...and if we have to analyze if 5% of possession mean or not I will say that 5% maybe don't.. but the 8% of you mean, by my viewpoint and give more chances to one... so 8 +5 ... at the end can be the differance... yeah... just a 5% can be some more occasions.. more control...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast