Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree716Likes

Thread: Season 63 - Week 4

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    July Fourth are 16 points clear with only 5 games remaining in the league, this can only mean one thing...

We are the Champions.

In the Champions League we drew the 1st leg of the Semi-Final 1-1 away from home which is a good result because I couldn't watch the match and my opponent has a strong team also.
    Good luck in CL!
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

The Buffs complete the job in the Cup with a 1-0 away win to maintain unbeaten record in that competition this season.

Importantly, there were no injuries or cards.

Today Buffs Mad will try out the DMC at AMC in the league later (I predict either MoM or Broken Leg). Tomorrow it will probably be DR at AMR unless the league is secured then we might look for something a bit funkier.

VIP
    Day 23...

Season 63 - Week 4-4.png
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

VIP
    Season 63 - Week 4-butd7.png

Slippery day for top dog, Stevie G style... Galindo!!! Galindo!!! Away fans were chanting his name from 6th minute until the end of the game... 1st goal was header from corner, blacktogalindo deja vu so many times, almost like good old stocktontomalone pick and roll form Utah Jazz glorious days 2nd goal was FK masterpiece from 3rd attempt...

Season 63 - Week 4-4.jpg
    Season 63 - Week 4-5.jpg
    Season 63 - Week 4-6.jpg

This will be the hell of season ending...

Season 63 - Week 4-8.jpg
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Buffs FC run out of Troll-away just before todays league match and are made to pay with an inexplicable 2-1 loss.

The Buffs took the lead early and it was one-way traffic. Chances were spurned and DMC Billy McNeill, playing in the AMC role, passed up 2 gilt-edged chances.

The opposition scored immediately from the HT restart but the Buffs continued to huff and puff....until 1 CK followed by a FK and then a dbl CK final secured the win for the league associ...erm home side.

Billy McNeill managed to pick up a 7 rating as an AMC but his presence seemed to upset right winger Willie Henderson who slumped to a 5.

Strange that we should lose on the day we could have secured the title.

After the match Buffs Mad said "The boys have been instructed to get every cat out of any tree, help all old ladies across the road and buy every Big Issue." He later added "&*!%£**@#!"

VIP
    Season 63 - Week 4-butd1.png

Galindo!!! Galindo!!! 133000 fans were chanting his name from the very first second of the game... And again, copy-paste situation from the earlier League game, blacktogalindo after corner... In 43rd minute one on one situation for Galindo... and he scores again!!! 2-0!!! We are in the Cup finals again, after 9 arid seasons!!!

Season 63 - Week 4-4.jpg
    Season 63 - Week 4-5.jpg
    Season 63 - Week 4-6.jpg

VIP
    Season 63 - Week 4-butd2.png

24 years old Scottish left winger Brian Black is the first player to achieve triple-triple for Belgrade United - 213 games - 102 goals - 100 assists...

Season 63 - Week 4-8.png
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What are your goals for this season?
    L11 Team - win league and CL.
    L19 Team - this team will not be strong and I will spend less time on it in this season. If initial results are good, I will spend some time to keep it in top 3 with a weak team. If initial results are bad, I will try to keep pride of the team while keeping it below 7th in league. In any situation, the team will try to maintain breakeven as far as possible especially on CL & Cup.
    At day 25, review against early season goals:

L11 Team
    * Currently at second place in league. From 1st to 4th team, each with 2 points apart. So competition for top 4 is not yet over. My team failed to defeat but drew with the leading team at home today. In remaining league matches, my team will face the bottom 3 (Each with GA over 100 and goal difference over -80). So I have confident to at least keep 2nd place even though my goal difference is clearly with disadvantage in this season.
    * For CL & Cup, my team was knocked out at top 8 and top 4 (by a team 2 level above) respectively. The result is satisfactory.

L19 Team
    * My goal for league has been revised to top 3 early in the season as performance was good. After defeating the strong leading team yesterday, my team is currently at 3rd place, with 5 points difference with the leader. Performance was not stable in 2nd half of season but the recent momentum is good.
    * For CL & Cup, my team was knocked out at top 8 (by leading team in my league) and playoff round respectively. The result is satisfactory. At this level, if the team cannot win the champion, I think it is better being knocked out early, especially for CUP.

As an end of Season treat for the kitchen staff Buffs Mad allows them to marinade the 1st team in Troll-A-Way for the game v 4th.

After the slip up in the previous game Buffs Mad wanted the title secured to concentrate on other competitions - so he ditched the stupid experiments as well - for today

The Buffs won 7-0 and are League Champions - but no time to relax as the home return leg of the CL SF is looming large, 1st leg was 1-1.

The Buffs Cup Final opponent has now been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUTD2.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	39410

24 years old Scottish left winger Brian Black is the first player to achieve triple-triple for Belgrade United - 213 games - 102 goals - 100 assists...
    Brian "Tanner ba' " Black.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast