Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Same-quality league?

Dreamer
    I just looked another level 9 team that was much lower quality. His league all the teams are of similar low quality, while my team is in with all 5 star teams.

One of my RL friends who is level 7, her team is in with a wide range of teams, from 1 star to low 5 star. Her team has 5 League and 4 CL wins, so she has been very successful.

I think her team average was like 49.8 or something at the start of the season, so just a tiny bid under 5 star. Mine was just over 60. Is it possible they are putting the 5 star teams in their own leagues?

To add to the oddity.. of the 14 teams in my league.... 1 finished 2nd, 1 5th, 1 7th, the rest didn't qualify. I was the only league winner.
    So how are teams which are all higher quality than me and all 5 star players all failing?
    Last edited by BridgeGoth; 02-10-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gat Manar View Post
    sorry to disagree but things are different. Sure, nobody want to play easy-win leagues, no risk no fun, but why create leagues with all teams with a difference of plus-minus 2 points? that also in my case means 5-6 stars?
    and other leagues all 4 stars? According to this mentality, I stop increasing the quality of my team, in every case I'll face similar teams
    Don't just look at the numbers. Quality of squad is half of the story. It does not equate to being a good or competitive squad.
    Davy Gravy likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Dreamer
    I know that, but in the past I'd have a wide range of qualities on the other 13 teams.
    I looked at the lowest quality Level 9 team I have as friend, and pretty much all the teams in his league are withing a couple points of his team? I asked several higher level friends with strong teams, and they report similar findings.
    Coincidence? I am finding it harder and harder to believe.

Famous
    Different leagues have different composition of teams in terms of qualities. So leagues are not simply grouped in any way according to quality. I still believe league grouping is more largely affected by friendship of managers.

I suspect that one of your T11 friend intentionally attempted to create a league like this by making friendship with teams with similar quality. I noted in this forum before that a manager successfully made a league full of good teams in the past.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

cookizz is right. One of the teams may be linked to the other teams via friendship and you are one of the fillers... as for my league, the difference in quality is 12 pts. I don't think I have ever been grouped in leagues where the quality is by a difference of 1 or 2. But again, quality means nothing until you play them.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Hi,you should check
    if many strong teams with quality in that range ,
    tanked their 16 level league last season.

I'm at 22 level now.At the beginning of the season my quality was 128,9.
    Last season,many teams having quality superior to 130 have tanked their 22 level.
    So there are 2 blocks in 22 level:

I'm in a league with very strong teams (over 130 quality),so i had to increase my quality to 132.

Other teams are in leagues with range between 117 and 124,including teams classified in position 8 in last level 21....

If you have friends whose quality is in that range,you may be taken into their league
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 02-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    cookizz is right. One of the teams may be linked to the other teams via friendship and you are one of the fillers... as for my league, the difference in quality is 12 pts. I don't think I have ever been grouped in leagues where the quality is by a difference of 1 or 2. But again, quality means nothing until you play them.
    Yes. I think real competitiveness of teams in a league cannot be clearly shown until about 1/4 season. For high quality teams which was not promoted in previous season, many of their managers are still not active and they may not as strong as the quality indicating. In contrast, some teams are low in quality but perform very well. I highly respect them.

Well, everyone has its own goals and wishes in TE. I enjoy playing league like I have with Celtic. This season my league has 13x 5* teams (including mine) + one strong 4* team (whose Q is 0.7 behind 5*). This is going to be thoughest league I've ever played. It started yesterday with draw, i've played 1-1. I'm having fun playing in such league and I'd rather play it without trophy than to play all-bot league and brag about trophys every season.
    Ex top eleven player

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Different leagues have different composition of teams in terms of qualities. So leagues are not simply grouped in any way according to quality. I still believe league grouping is more largely affected by friendship of managers
    Zero friends in my league despite if I've the max number of friends

Quote Originally Posted by Gat Manar View Post
    Zero friends in my league despite if I've the max number of friends
    The rest are probably friends with each other. You are the "filler" team...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast