Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.

Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.

So, today I played the second leg of the semifinal, after losing 5-1 away.
    Obviously I didn't expect to pass but who knows what could happen.
    The opponent's team had at least 11 players with 6 stars, but he decided to put some reserves in the starting 11.
    He even put a player with 2 stars!!! (such a douche)

These are the initial formations. (I'm left)

Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.-2.jpg

Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.-1.jpg

I had pretty much the control of the game. It was 55-70% all the time (I had +15% bonus possession from fans).
    At the 40th minute the opponent had a red card and I scored.
    Second half starts and he changed his formation.
    Imagine the same initial formation but with 1 MC exactly in the middle.
    Now imagine how destroying would this be in a real football match.
    Playing with only 10 players and putting 1 MC and 4 attacking players!!!

At 47th minute I scored the second goal.
    I thought: "OMG, 2 more goals, how difficult can it be??"

Apparently very much for top11 if it decides to troll you.
    From 47 till the end IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYTHING!!
    Minutes were passing by like seconds....
    2-3 fouls given for the opponent team...
    And some comments about my attackers losing the ball!!
    (I should have done a "print screen" of the comments before going away from the game)

Could T11 be more irritating than this??
    First it gives you the hope you can do the impossible and then it trolls you like this.

Here are the final stats.

Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.-3.jpg

Strange CL semifinal. Normal result but unreal football.-4.jpg
    Last edited by Alexinho; 03-04-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    probably he was saved by his subs.
    Unfortunately we cannot see the rates of the players who are enter in the game.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Wait, what? I don't get this??

I think it is a fair result given he is playing 10 men and putting in reserves. I would've done the same to conserve energy for the league if I was 5-1 up in the first leg. In real football he still wouldn't get killed with 10 men and one in the middle of the park because you also have 1 in the middle of the park.

You're lucky u didn't lose to 10 men.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Pro
    Well based on shots he got more chances then Alexinho, with 10 players. That is a bit dubious. Especially if you see that his quality is a lot lower, his performances are a lot lower and he is playing with 10. So yes this should have been a greater victory normally. But hey it is Topeleven.

I had a similar result against 10 players but I had like 25 shots and 12 on goal against his 9 shots and 5 on goal. My quality was like 5-10 points better and my performance score was a full point better and it became 1:1. So no worries, it happens. Use the vent thread to blow of steam.

Guys, as I said in the title, the result was pretty much normal. I can accept only 2 goals. I'm not complaining about that.
    I'm complaining for not happening anything in 43 minutes.
    Unfortunately, I can't prove it, but I swear minutes were passing by like seconds. No shots, no fouls for me, nothing.
    This is just unreal and, as Killroy said, he had more shots with 10 men, lower performance and 34% possession.

And Qambu, yes I had one in the middle , but I also had 2 AMCs and MR-ML and playing mixed passing gave me very much possession, so that wasn't a problem.
    I even changed one AMC with 1 MC in the last 10 minutes, but again NOT EVEN ONE attacking comment.

In real life you can have messi, ronaldo , bale, robben in attack, but if you have only 1 MC, the opponent will have many attacks.
    That is what I'm just saying.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    About the minutes/seconds thing I have had that a couple times, on my slow connection machine, so I put it down to lag if it's a jump in the clock

Also, there are sections of a match where not a lot happens and the minutes just tick by. So I assume at that time it's a middle field battle when no shots show, as sometimes happens in RL.

That said, I totally agree that teams a man short are too strong, too often, in this game.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As has been said his subs changed it. he probably brought on 3 of his better players and switched to hard defending to park the bus and shut up shop to use the old football clichés!

Yup, as assumed by Cat and fingermouse27, there is probably NO key highlights in those minutes as your players lost their head to head battle with his players during those minutes, despite having low match ratings in the end. This probably due to the deductions for the 2 goals they conceded earlier. Midfield battles are a bore and frustrating.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Also, there are sections of a match where not a lot happens and the minutes just tick by. So I assume at that time it's a middle field battle when no shots show, as sometimes happens in RL.
    In general yes, I know that.
    In this match NO. He has only 1 MC, so there can't be a middle field battle (at least in a real world).

Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse27 View Post
    As has been said his subs changed it. he probably brought on 3 of his better players and switched to hard defending to park the bus and shut up shop to use the old football clichés!
    Nope.
    You can't park a bus with 2 ST, 1 AMR, 1 AML.
    That is NEVER a bus parked.
    About the 3 subs, I have already answered that. Their skills don't matter, if his fromation has holes to penetrate and let my players do at least some shots. (again, not complaining about the result)

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    as your players lost their head to head battle with his players during those minutes.
    Nope, wrong again.
    There are no head to head battles. His attacking players are too high and the penetration is too easy.
    That's what happens in a real match.
    In T11 it just trolled me.

Dreamer
    Blah, in a real game forwards are sandwiched between the opposing defenders and midfielders, usually when opposing MC gets the ball the STs will try to steal the ball from them giving some pressure, how is that defenseless?

And yes, STs can block shots of midfielders in this game, it just rarely happen to MC but often happen to DMC who tried to shoot from afar.

And no, 10 vs 11 isn't an insurmountable deficit even at the professional level. Don't overestimate a 9% advantage, it may make no difference at all, or you may win thanks to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast