Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 'Free' agents

Dreamer
    Players you can use only for one year eat up your money. FA that cost the wage value to sign practically use up 2x wage in one single season as they retire, which makes them expansive to use.

Young player who can be used for 2 years will be at a higher market value than they were 2 years ago. And for that the same money paid run for 2 years at least, therefore the cost to run is halved (assume you don't renew contract and sell him on third year).

Even if you renew the contract you pay the one time bonus that is good for 2 years, that is 33% cheaper than a retiring free agent.

At a money shortage, you should keep your 18y and other young players whenever possible, and only consider selling if their contract is about to expire. It can be unintrutive to keep a young player team at money shortage, but this is the most efficient way to gain money. Your wealth lies on their market value and when you sell them at 21 you will end up with a bigger profit margin, even more if you managed to sell him through negotiation offer.

Your balance should be positive if you keep a 22 player team, doing 2 games a day (1 league and friendy if no cup nor CL)
    Invest properly so that your wealth won't slip away. Rebuilding your team may be difficult, but should be possible without token spending.
    cookizzz and Cat Harrison like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    Can anyone remember when free agents were free to sign, or was I just dreaming. I have just spent 90M on 2 'free' agents just to bolster my level 31 team and make other players available for transfer to try to get some money available to stay alive.
    I remember them being free and I've only been playing since July. There was a problem that free agents were not signing properly and nordeus workaround on my server was to make them cost 1season of wages. Not sure of your level whether that fits or if its different on different servers.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have a question. Free agents are from other levels and they are free because some manager for some reason release them (mostly finance) or there is a bankrupt in the team and the "bank" take some players of the manager for that reason, right ?
    Then, why there aren't so many free agents in higher levels ? Is it because there aren't so many active teams ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I have a question. Free agents are from other levels and they are free because some manager for some reason release them (mostly finance) or there is a bankrupt in the team and the "bank" take some players of the manager for that reason, right ?
    Then, why there aren't so many free agents in higher levels ? Is it because there aren't so many active teams ?
    A lot of the FAs seen early on are old because they'll be the 'filler' players added in the new season for out of contracts.
    At top of the server FAs will, more often than not, need to come from same or higher level teams so chances are lower with fewer teams.
    Additionally if teams keep them longer then they'll be less viable - older again.
    No idea if 'repo' players are put on as FAs or just destroyed.

Just guessing and putting off going to make dinner XD Better go now.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    A lot of the FAs seen early on are old because they'll be the 'filler' players added in the new season for out of contracts.
    I 'm talking about the young ones, like 19 y.o. or little older (26-27).
    There are also in TM, not very often like the +30 but I can see 5-10 / day.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    In the higher levels there are fewer managers and they are a lot less likely to sack or let go a youth without trying to sell them. I myself have been signing and selling off my youth whenever possible for a few seasons now, where before if I had 22 players I was more likely to release the youth.

Also since budget is tight I try to sell the older guys many many times before I think about letting them go.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123