Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 'Free' agents

Addicted

'Free' agents

Can anyone remember when free agents were free to sign, or was I just dreaming. I have just spent 90M on 2 'free' agents just to bolster my level 31 team and make other players available for transfer to try to get some money available to stay alive.

Famous
    On season day 1, there are many old free agents because they were released out of contract. But at the same time many teams received league prize money that solved the financial crisis (temporarily). So probably less players were forced to be released. Not sure if this is a source of free agents.

Addicted
    cookizz, there are very few free agents available today, but, I seem to remember years ago that buying a free agent was actually free and you just had to pay their wages. Now it costs 40% of the asking price plus wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    cookizz, there are very few free agents available today, but, I seem to remember years ago that buying a free agent was actually free and you just had to pay their wages. Now it costs 40% of the asking price plus wages.
    I remember too, when the asking price of free agents were wages fx 500K, there were also 18 yeared. But it's a long time since I saw those

Addicted
    Thanks Gert, pleased I'm not the only one to remember. It is getting vitually impossible to run higher level teams without buying tokens now. You can spend 4 years developing a team to be proud of and have it ripped away because you refuse to buy tokens.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Famous
    I checked the free agents I signed recently, and also double checked the total fee paid today by my L12 team against its income & Expenses Statement. There seems no abnormality except wages, so as the transfer fee, of one of the free agents I signed today is exceptionally low.

Probably my server is different on this. Or my teams' levels are still too low (12 & 20)

If they charge 40%, that's unreasonable. If they charge 10%, this can at least be explained as matching the re-signing fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    Thanks Gert, pleased I'm not the only one to remember. It is getting vitually impossible to run higher level teams without buying tokens now. You can spend 4 years developing a team to be proud of and have it ripped away because you refuse to buy tokens.
    I think it's a shame that the players learning curve takes such a drastic fall at age 22. This, for me anyways, means that players only have a lifespan of max 6 years. I would have loved if talents where 16 years, and the halv curve was nearer 27 years. Both things would be more realistic in my opinion
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I bought a FA a few days ago on my level 22 team, his cost was his wages. They are so rare the younger ones, this one was 24 and I am having problems selling him.

I will check on my main team if I ever see an FA on its TL..

I have had only one player his whole career, I wish it was more but the drop at 26 makes it really hard to keep up their Quality.
    I totally wish the retirement date was later and the drops more gradual, but I don't see them changing. I can dream though.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 03-08-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: clarity
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I checked the free agents I signed recently, and also double checked the total fee paid today by my L12 team against its income & Expenses Statement. There seems no abnormality except wages, so as the transfer fee, of one of the free agents I signed today is exceptionally low.

Probably my server is different on this. Or my teams' levels are still too low (12 & 20)

If they charge 40%, that's unreasonable. If they charge 10%, this can at least be explained as matching the re-signing fee.

Referring to the player with abnormal wage (market value 16.7M) mentioned above, on official signing upon player slot is available, his wage was changed from 2.32k to 1.3M. I double checked the news as well as Income & Expenses statement, the transfer fee is still same as old wage 2.32k. Anyway, I still cannot find extra 40% market value was charged.

Actually, wages of many players are close to 10% of their value. This is not free lunch for signing free agents.

Addicted
    maybe I'mmissing something here but I have been able to sell 1 player and bought 4 free agents and that has cost me 175M. I assume that I have to pay daily wages as well.
    'Free' agents-free-agents.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast