Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: First U21's

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    More stars doesn't mean a player is automatically better, that's silly thinking... Shame I don't have stats saved to show you how Youth Academy token player (had 2 stars at that moment) plays twice better than his scout partner in defence through entire season...
    Exactly. Bad management is the major cause of a team being weak.

Like this guy who wasn't even tanking (all his players are at their preferred position), but he made mistakes in orders and player selection such that the result is horrific.
    First U21's-lqddom.jpg

VIP
    Bad form of key players causes more trouble than management... and if your opponents have players in good form, things get worse... I'll try to describe stars in D&D terms... it's like you have 2d12 axe (2 12-sided dices for those who don't have a clue what I am talking about)... so, with 2d12 axe you can hit a mob for 24 HP, if both dices show 12 (look at that 24 as number of stars your player has, it's his potential for best performance, that's what you see)... What you don't see is that 2d12 axe also can hit mob for only 2 HP (that's hidden from you, stars tell you how good player can play, but don't tell you how bad he can perform)... In other hand you have a 4d6 sword (4 normal, 6-sided dices)... If all 4 dices show 6 that means the highest value you hit a mob for is also 24 (it's like both players have same number of stars, tha's what you see)... but what's making difference between them is things you don't see... 4d6 sword's minimal damage is 4, not 2 (if all 4 dices show 1)... and 4 normal dices have less chance to hit max or min damage than 2 12-sided dices... 4 dices have tendency to hit close to average rating more often than 2 12-sided dices...
    Now lets translate it to Top 11 terms lol... You have 2 players playing at the same position and they have same number of stars... One is talented (4d6, from Youth Academy) and the other is not (2d12, bought randomly from auction, well, he can be one of talented players too, but that's gamble)... Untalented player might give you rating 9 in one game and then drop to rating 5 in the next game... Youth Academy player will tend to give you more consistent performances (he might get rating 9 less often, but will get less often rating 5 too), so he will float between ratings 6 to 8 (it's also affected by opponent's players quality, talent and form)... Anyway, your tokens, so your choice what you will do with it... So, it's your decision if you will buy a player from auction and spend both tokens and money (higher level you are, bid wars happen more often) or if you will buy Youth Academy player for tokens and negligible amount of money...

VIP
    My point is, don't take stars as granted... it's just potential for best performance, but stars can't tell you how bad player can be... If I can chose between consistent 4-stars youngster and scout with oscillating form, I'll rather have 4-star...

Hey im a goalie from east russia i can help out alot help me play with you guys and i can save in your games

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123