Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: youth academy doesn't suck

"one man's meat is another man's poison" ....
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Youth academy is only useful to players who are at the top level at their servers where the transfer market has a player list of 3* players only, Other than that it's only ever any use to sign the 2* free player and sell him immediately to a manager 3 levels below you because they see the 2* youth player as a 5* player.
    i am one of those players. i can find only crap. but even then why spend almost half scout tokens to buy a player who will never catch up with the others? only if he is close to 5stars he is worth it. unfortunatelly most of the times he is closer to 3 stars
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

I'm level 3. Waited for 28 days then sold o young player for 44k

Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    Yes, but that will set you back $7-10m in level 5. Even if you win all 3 competitions you will only get $25-30m, once you take out wages, contract extensions, construction etc you'll only have enough for 3 players. If you're getting money from bank investments (which I don't, I haven't bought any tokens or done any surveys or whatever), then from my experience this morning, signing the token player and selling him immediately gets you more money anyway.

and you regularly get 5 star 18 year olds in auctions for 1-3 tokens? You're taking the piss, right? On my server you'll be lucky if you have change from 10 tokens (I think 6 is the top level on my server, never seen a 7)

and how is money from the free player you sell useless? you didn't have to do anything...
    first of all he is right about how easy he can buy players. it' up to the server. in my server you never find 5 stars, and for the 4 stars you need minimum 20 tokens. i also play my wifes account in a different server and there it's exactly as dvr8 discribes. for 2-3 tokens you buy 18-19 y.o 5 stars. about the money issue, you are wondering where you can find the money for the new purchases. it's simple. you sell the players you don't need the right time. having such a crap server as my own it's easy to earn 3-4 times the players value through auction wars. you must sell the first 2 days of every season and especialy night hours. also if you are planing to sell a player then it's better not to add his skill points if he is close to change star but let him stay as he is. players with quality ending 4 or 9 bring a lot of cash
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35

it's true that it depends on the server. if you're playing in my server and you're confident to sign 5 star youngsters with 1-3 tokens every time, then you must be joking. or crazy. what really changes my opinion is that almost all posters never really sign youth players. most of them only complaining about why they should pay tokens for their youth players. i'd rather do experiment to find out and go with some people here in this forum who said that they ACTUALLY BUY this tokens youngster and satisfied with their performance in match and training.

and i've already compared the value of the youngsters with the same age and quality in my auction market with the generated youngster in my squad and the value is very close to the expensive ones. you can compare also the tokens cost with the value and make ratio and you can find out that the ratio is close to the investment ratio.

besides, i have heard at least three people here in this forum who ACTUALLY BUY the player and they all satisfy with the performance. that's 100% statistics. i've made investment a couple of times to get money. so instead of making investment to get money, i'd rather sign the youngster from my academy and take chances to make real investment in him. if his position is exactly what i'm looking for, then this is not a waste chance at all for me.

but of course if you live in a happily ever after market where you can sign good quality player with just 1-3 tokens, just forget it..

A comparison of investment to return on facility upgrades... I can't remember the actual costs, but let's work with rough figures. I stand to be corrected if I am wildly off

Stadium, utilities & parking:
    To upgrade my stadium, car park to level 4 and utilities to level 3 has cost approx $2.5m (capacity 13,000) and taken 76 days of construction
    Selling it out at $9 for a league ticket and $10 for a CL/Cup ticket (in truth you'd need $8 & $9 to guarantee sellouts, but I'll be generous)
    return in season 5: $1.3m in ticket sales + 150k in merchandise.

Youth facility:
    To upgrade to level 4 has cost a bit over $100k and 9 (or 12?) days of construction
    free return in season 5: it turns out there was a small bidding war on the free player I got today, he went for $926k Also, it takes less than a season to produce a player, so every 4 or 5 seasons you will actually get two free players. Nothing to complain about here!

Obviously you have to upgrade everything, and the stadium will eventually start to pay for itself... but for the quickest and biggest return on investment, the youth facilities are the way to go, build it first!
    Last edited by scrim; 02-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    first of all he is right about how easy he can buy players. it' up to the server. in my server you never find 5 stars, and for the 4 stars you need minimum 20 tokens. i also play my wifes account in a different server and there it's exactly as dvr8 discribes. for 2-3 tokens you buy 18-19 y.o 5 stars. about the money issue, you are wondering where you can find the money for the new purchases. it's simple. you sell the players you don't need the right time. having such a crap server as my own it's easy to earn 3-4 times the players value through auction wars. you must sell the first 2 days of every season and especialy night hours. also if you are planing to sell a player then it's better not to add his skill points if he is close to change star but let him stay as he is. players with quality ending 4 or 9 bring a lot of cash
    Cool, yeah I was planning to sell a few players early next season - guys I bought young 3-4 years ago but are nearing the end of their usefulness to me. So a 29 quality player will sell for more than a player who is 30 quality... is this because a 30 quality player wont appear to players from level 2? and so all the cashed and tokened up players from level 2 will go nuts on the 29 quality player, but wont have the chance to with the 30 quality player?

Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    Cool, yeah I was planning to sell a few players early next season - guys I bought young 3-4 years ago but are nearing the end of their usefulness to me. So a 29 quality player will sell for more than a player who is 30 quality... is this because a 30 quality player wont appear to players from level 2? and so all the cashed and tokened up players from level 2 will go nuts on the 29 quality player, but wont have the chance to with the 30 quality player?
    exactly. in addition if he has skill points stored it's like buying a scout.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    exactly. in addition if he has skill points stored it's like buying a scout.
    Rad. Will keep that in mind. And knowing that makes me even more sure that my 12 tokens here are a good investment... according to this I could improve the youth player one skill point off 4 stars before the end of this season, then sell him for maybe $10m first day next season. Could I also fill all the empty spots in my squad with 3, almost 4 star players late in the season that I have no intention of ever using, then sell them off at an astronomical profit early in the new season?

Another thing I don't get though... some here say that their transfer market is all 3 star players. But I'm on the second highest level of my server and I still see 5 star players regularly, occasionally it is flooded with 5 star players some whom are one star off 6 stars. They come from clubs with crap names like Pearly AC or Jaunty FC that I guess aren't player controlled... how come these players aren't available for top players on other servers?

And does anyone have an answer to my tangential question on the previous page, about why there isn't more competition in lower tiers?
    Last edited by scrim; 02-28-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    it's true that it depends on the server. if you're playing in my server and you're confident to sign 5 star youngsters with 1-3 tokens every time, then you must be joking. or crazy. what really changes my opinion is that almost all posters never really sign youth players. most of them only complaining about why they should pay tokens for their youth players. i'd rather do experiment to find out and go with some people here in this forum who said that they ACTUALLY BUY this tokens youngster and satisfied with their performance in match and training.

and i've already compared the value of the youngsters with the same age and quality in my auction market with the generated youngster in my squad and the value is very close to the expensive ones. you can compare also the tokens cost with the value and make ratio and you can find out that the ratio is close to the investment ratio.

besides, i have heard at least three people here in this forum who ACTUALLY BUY the player and they all satisfy with the performance. that's 100% statistics. i've made investment a couple of times to get money. so instead of making investment to get money, i'd rather sign the youngster from my academy and take chances to make real investment in him. if his position is exactly what i'm looking for, then this is not a waste chance at all for me.

but of course if you live in a happily ever after market where you can sign good quality player with just 1-3 tokens, just forget it..
    I'm not sure that there is much statistical power in your statistical analysis of 3 examples :P but I agree wholeheartedly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast