Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: youth academy doesn't suck

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    exactly. in addition if he has skill points stored it's like buying a scout.
    as far as I know the skill points dont go with players which are sold
    so if you sell a player with skillpoints left the buyer will only get the player without the skillpoints

Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    I'm not sure that there is much statistical power in your statistical analysis of 3 examples :P but I agree wholeheartedly
    sure. but that's all i've got so far lol

most people immediately leave the idea of signing youngster from academy before posting here and giving us additional data

Quote Originally Posted by el-trickser View Post
    as far as I know the skill points dont go with players which are sold
    so if you sell a player with skillpoints left the buyer will only get the player without the skillpoints

the truth is that have never bought a player having skill points but i have red in the forum that it happens. also when i sell a player with skill points always there is massacre.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    Rad. Will keep that in mind. And knowing that makes me even more sure that my 12 tokens here are a good investment... according to this I could improve the youth player one skill point off 4 stars before the end of this season, then sell him for maybe $10m first day next season. Could I also fill all the empty spots in my squad with 3, almost 4 star players late in the season that I have no intention of ever using, then sell them off at an astronomical profit early in the new season?

Another thing I don't get though... some here say that their transfer market is all 3 star players. But I'm on the second highest level of my server and I still see 5 star players regularly, occasionally it is flooded with 5 star players some whom are one star off 6 stars. They come from clubs with crap names like Pearly AC or Jaunty FC that I guess aren't player controlled... how come these players aren't available for top players on other servers?

And does anyone have an answer to my tangential question on the previous page, about why there isn't more competition in lower tiers?
    if there is a higher level than yours then it's normal to have plenty of 5 stars on transfer market. the problem is when there is no higher level
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35

I just got my U21 players today. 24 tokens for a 4*30 player, AMC... get out.

The other one is a 2*21 DC player, not even worth 1M.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    How do I find out if I'm on the highest level on my server???
    I'm afraid I am tho.
    The whole season I've only seen 5* players once.
    And I check the tm everyday!
    I would be fine with that if my scout list would've been good!
    But far from it! There's only been one 22 yo the whole season and even that one sucked ending 7.
    But what I don't understand is I have friends on the same level same server even in the same competition and they get really good scouts this whole season!
    How is that fair??

Quote Originally Posted by MiaSanMia View Post
    How do I find out if I'm on the highest level on my server???
    I'm afraid I am tho.
    The whole season I've only seen 5* players once.
    And I check the tm everyday!
    I would be fine with that if my scout list would've been good!
    But far from it! There's only been one 22 yo the whole season and even that one sucked ending 7.
    But what I don't understand is I have friends on the same level same server even in the same competition and they get really good scouts this whole season!
    How is that fair??
    i am not 100% sure but i guess the cup can show you if there are higher level teams. do you have to face there higher level teams?
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    For value, signing the token player is a huge waste of tokens. Why? 4 star player for 12-24 tokens, I can buy my own 5 star fast trainers for 1-3 tokens on auctions.

Free player is useless at lower levels.
    Not all servers are equal. On mine a 5 star player is not very common and go for usually 30 + tokens. I've seen them up to 70+ tokens. Even 3 star 25 yr old can go for 15 tokens.

i agree with u

Apprentice
    i bought the 4 star youth academy player i think 2 times. the market value of the player per token is slightly higher than buying money using 85 tokens which offers the best value. plus you have the advantage of not spending additional token from auction. so it's not really a bad deal, esp if you are at the top level of the server, which was my case.

from my experience with the 2 players, dc and mr/amr, they were decent players and train very well. but playing wise, they were not great. esp the mr/amr which i used for amr position. the player did not get a lot of goals/assists compared to my aml player.
    Last edited by jtcfmb; 03-01-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    Joshiko likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast