Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bidding

Quote Originally Posted by Southampton FC View Post
    So if I finish round 6 as the leader and in round 7 no one bids, what happens to the player? Does nobody get him.
    If no one else bid, you win him yes. But if any bid, you lose.

Each bid qulifies you for next round nothing else.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Addicted
    5. Why do people bid to qualify for the 1st round with a second left and then not bid again? Are they hoping no one bids in the next round and they win as leader?

Cheers!
    This is one I tend to do often, but it's slightly risky due to possible Internet or mobile signals (ie. It counts.down marginally quicker to keep up at times).

I do this primarily to focus on who is bidding and when they bid. If I watch the deadline in the last minute or so and no one has bidded (or someone bid a while back), I'll consider a 'snap bid' to see if I can get them and, if someone else does the same, hopefully I will end up leading and they won't realise I got in just before them. I have won a few like this as a result.

If, however, I view it for the last minute or so and others bid (or I recognise the names), I won't make a bid as it is likely that they're still around at crunch time.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Famous
    So if I finish round 6 as the leader and in round 7 no one bids, what happens to the player? Does nobody get him.
    I believe T11 auction can be explained as follows:
    1. If there is no bidder, the auction will end in initial round.
    2. If there is only 1 bidder in any round, auction will end and the only bidder will win.
    3. If there are more than 1 bidder in any round, a new round will start.
    4. If there is no new bidder in any knock out round, auction will end and the leader of previous round win.

You, as leader of round 6, will win after round 7 completed with no bidder (scenario 4).
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barca FC View Post
    4. Some people like to scare an opponent bidder a bit, like me, I bid 2-3 times in one round to let other bidders know that I have a ton of token.
    That does not bother me, because I only bid on a player that I deem worthy of wasting a ton of tokens on. If you want to waste your tokens, by all means, do so. I will happily waste 49 tokens on a player that I want. I dont have a ton of tokens and dont buy any, but I stock them up with smart bidding and am not afraid to run up the cost to 49 tokens and then stop, just so the other player pays 50 tokens and could have bought a scout. I have done that several times just for fun. and I do laugh when I see people bid several times in a round, and I have won many times because I always bid first, every time, for every player, so everyone knows I am not playing around hoping to bid at the last second. 99% of the time, I win this way.

and this is not personal Barca FC, I am just saying to the OP that tactics that you employ dont always work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12