Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bidding

Rookie

Bidding

Sorry to make another thread, but I think I'm missing something and as people on here seem to know the game inside out hopefully you can help.

1. If you bid and no one else bids you win, yes?

2. If someone else bids, you enter the rounds stage. You HAVE to bid again for a chance to win, yes?

3. If for example someone bids in round 2 and you bid with 1 second left (which makes you the leader), you HAVE to bid again in round 3 to win? Or if you're the leader when round 2 ends and no one bids in round 3 do you win even though you didn't bid in round 3?

4. Why do people bid twice in each round? Are they wanting to be the leader? Even if the leader wins when no one else bids isn't it best to bid once per round and wait for the other person to give up? Rather than spend 10 tokens on 5 rounds and then give up yourself.

5. Why do people bid to qualify for the 1st round with a second left and then not bid again? Are they hoping no one bids in the next round and they win as leader?

Cheers!

Dreamer
    1: Yes
    2: Yes
    3: No, Yes
    4: No idea
    5: Probably

You can also watch my video on auctions for some tips and strategies.

Rookie
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes, there are three different colors (green, yellow, red) indicate your bid situation.
    4. Some people like to scare an opponent bidder a bit, like me, I bid 2-3 times in one round to let other bidders know that I have a ton of token.
    5. As some people come late for that particular player, he/she thought the previous bidder has made a bid and left the scene.
    31 seasons: been there done it but have enough with the newest update

7 trebles
    27 league titles, soon to be 28 and 3 runner-up
    22 champion league titles, 2-second place, 3-third place
    17 cup titles, 3-runner-up, 1-third place

Nordeus, things are great, don't break it

4. Scare tactice/Mind Games
    5. Yes or they only have one token left so they are jst trying their luck.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

4. the person likes to spend real money and waste them. I am amused every time I se this, because I know the person just burned tokens for Nothing
    Fail G and Cat Harrison like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    I also noticed that some bidders place multiple bids in same round. Some of them even do this at a long time before the end of the round.

In my opinion, the strategy to use multiple bids to scare off potential bidder is far more effective in the last minute. If I found bidders placed multiple bids long time before deadline, they are just normal early bidders to me. Sometimes, I even wonder if they are newbies who don't know about T11 auction and care even less about them.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

4. there is 2 case: in low lever (1 or 2) it means he doesn't know the bid rule ; in higher level to indicate that he has MANY token; the 3rd case is rare but happen that's lag when your connection isn't good or you player in top11.com but signed out from facebook. 2 differents people bided but you see the same name the same emblage ... but when you clicked in they are different.

5. not really. in a quite sever you can mess for it but generally in a crowded sever we need to the last second to see if there is any token buyer bidded or number of bidder (it means also how many round you need to bid.). It's also normal that plusiers bidder bid last second and when they see a token buyer or a large number of bidder, nobody bid next round
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Rookie
    So if I finish round 6 as the leader and in round 7 no one bids, what happens to the player? Does nobody get him.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The last higher bidder wins no matter the round.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    1 Yes

2 Technically no, but unlikely. If your bid is last one on the round, and nobody bid in the next round, you win.

3 No, but if other manager bid on the next round you will lose because you did not bid on that round.

4 They try to scare people off, or have no idea how the bidding system work but just using their instincts instead of trying to understand it.

5 Perhaps they have limited the budget of bidding to 2~3 tokens. More bids increases the money cost of the player which can also make the bidding unattractive to continue.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast