Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How does captaincy affect your player and team?

How does captaincy affect your player and team?

How do you choose a captain? I got nice midfielder as a captain, his performance is great after being promoted to captain (maybe it is coincidence, don't know, guy was captain from very start of my play). But he becomes real bully, he spits on another players, gets tons of yellow and red cards.
    But question still remains and you can read it right in the name of the topic.

Dreamer
    From what I have observed, a captain has decreased performance but gives a boost to everyone else. The better the captain perform the greater the boost.

Which also mean that a captain with bad form will have negative effect to everyone else too.

Just be careful what observations you link to changes. Spitting can affect anyone, its an 'Achievement' outwith your control so there has to be a chance of getting it. MCs tend to get more cards imo so its always possible without a change of role - but that doesn't mean cards and armband is not.

It really depends on how a Captain's performance affects the team - we don't know but its best to assume it does (just in case). If the cards are giving him poorer ratings then I'd be inclined to pick another player (again just in case). But you seem to indicate its not so its your choice.

I tend to choose a good consistent performer - I switch between choosing one based on fitness and creativity too. But I don't give it that much thought as long as my Captain is getting decent ratings - tbh I really don't think about it unless team form is down and I need something to blame other than me. >.<

I always chooce my best player skill wise. From the point that he has the most influence and there by also towards other players

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    But I don't give it that much thought as long as my Captain is getting decent ratings - tbh I really don't think about it unless team form is down and I need something to blame other than me.
    agree
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

VIP
    Choosing a captain does not affect the game in any way... for now... Maybe Nordeus change something about it...
    Sully likes this.

Captain has an effect whether you notice it or not. Certain player drop form when they are captain, while some get better. There is a turn of fortune or a reverse if you change captains. I usually go for the best over 25 yo performer and observe from there. If I feel he is not suited, I look for the next one.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

VIP
    I'm telling ya again, don't bother, being a captain or not does not affect performance of any player in your team... Players going up and down with form is common thing...

I'm telling ya again, from my experience, it does, slightly, as explained
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    From what I have observed, a captain has decreased performance but gives a boost to everyone else. The better the captain perform the greater the boost.

Which also mean that a captain with bad form will have negative effect to everyone else too.
    Really? you have "observed" this? How come I have not and nobody else has in my over two years on this forum?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast