Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How does captaincy affect your player and team?

Dreamer
    Because you didn't made and repeated the experiments to prove it?

I played many freemium games and legimately exploit everything in them to the fullest effect. In most of those as a f2p player I'm as competitive as most heavy spenders because I know more about that game than they were, that I can put up an even fight despite heavy deficit. In a few of those I went so far that I understand the game more then the developers. Hell, I even called the developers stupid when they released something incredibly broken in the updates.

Don't underestimate the complexity of this game, if a layman can do it they won't be earning millions from this darn thing.

I will do another suggestion as viewpoint, and is to talk about the matches in the sense of different "scenarios".
    So you can have a team full of 9* players but you never will have all team with a 9 as rating, because in my opinion the game do a ranking of the better-worst player in % of shoots and so in the team...

Then the game will work in 1 sense if you attend or if you don't. If you attend you have to decide between different actions to affect some different "scenarios" let's say, a match in what you are more aggresive and you can avoid a red card doing a change, a match against a worst Q. team that, is in 8th position but is winning in the 1st half, so you have to change of strategy or do a change to try to affect to the result.

And with all these factors, what I wanna explain is that "maybe" in some "scenarios" the captain have some meaning, but I don't know if affects the team in defensive/attacking mode depending of the player, or, affects in a result simply appearing in some actions, or, in another sense that we really have to "study" more deep.

I say that because as we know there are some factors that affect in "slightly" to the game, slightly in the sense of = in a little %.
    For example player in wrong position affect to the possession yea, but team can play better with a ST as AMC.
    Red card affects but sometimes in favour of who plays with 10... teh bonus of victory too, affect slightly in some sense.... and usually I talk about more things like these but now we are in the morning and don't have all these stuffs in ma mind but, just will say that lots of things affect sligthly to the game and the captain is 1.

If I have to say in my opinion what can affect more in a result between 2 teams of same Q. I will say that are:
    1- Select the correct man for corners and fouls when season starts, because that's usually = 1 goal x chance.
    2- Attend the match and substitute players that fail continously or, don't appear.
    3- Change mentality.
    4- The Bonus.

And till here I writte and I gonna go for ma brekfast. Today seems that raining sttopped and sun is shinning so will stay away enjoyying

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    Because you didn't made and repeated the experiments to prove it?

I played many freemium games and legimately exploit everything in them to the fullest effect. In most of those as a f2p player I'm as competitive as most heavy spenders because I know more about that game than they were, that I can put up an even fight despite heavy deficit. In a few of those I went so far that I understand the game more then the developers. Hell, I even called the developers stupid when they released something incredibly broken in the updates.

Don't underestimate the complexity of this game, if a layman can do it they won't be earning millions from this darn thing.
    Im calling BS on that.

Show me the details of your experiment. there have been many people on this forum who have played for longer than you and have spent as much if not more time learning this game and still do not have the answers that you provide.

Dont overestimate the complexity of this game. laymen dont create the games, only people with knowledge and greed.

So I've asked this questions here and got only vague answers. Someone believes it doesn't matter at all, someone thinks otherwise. Well, that is a result too.
    I've changed my captain before creating this topic and saved changes. But then I thought it may affect my team in a negative way and put him back as a captain again. As a result I suffered my first season loss, and in 2 matches he had rating of a 6 (usually he has average a little bit lover than 8, I forgot when he had rating lesser than 7). Can be a coincidence, but I would like to think captain has some effect on your team performance.

Quote Originally Posted by zOFsky View Post
    So I've asked this questions here and got only vague answers. Someone believes it doesn't matter at all, someone thinks otherwise. Well, that is a result too.
    I've changed my captain before creating this topic and saved changes. But then I thought it may affect my team in a negative way and put him back as a captain again. As a result I suffered my first season loss, and in 2 matches he had rating of a 6 (usually he has average a little bit lover than 8, I forgot when he had rating lesser than 7). Can be a coincidence, but I would like to think captain has some effect on your team performance.
    I don't belive that your loss is because you changed your captain, and how would you know if you had lost anyways

I must confes I don't write much effect on this, but still puts my best player (skillwise) as captain

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    "observed" meaning that we making tests with the same (as possible) conditions and from the records, we have some evidence -conclusions.
    From lv3 I 'm keeping records about training and fast trainers. Here is a picture from a file of one season- it's the training and the board with gaining and rates after (almost) every game I had that season

How does captaincy affect your player and team?-game-train-records.jpg

but here we have an equation with known values (stars and quality, age, morale & condition, Value & Wage, types of training, previous team) so I figured out the unknown x, the gaining ability.
    Still the are sometimes that it gives different values. eg a 5* nordgen, in same conditions can have a +90 or a +120 which is a big difference. After "observed" the conditions, I figured that it was just random, a roll dice that can affect the gaining, but most of the times the value and the average have a very steady pattern.

So my friend Amane, I wonder in which way you 're making experiments ? I don't underestimate your knowledge about the game but how you figure out about captain behavior ? I can only think of playing 10 (friendly) games, with the same team, with same conditions and using 5 times one player and 5 times another.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-26-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So I've asked this questions here and got only vague answers. Someone believes it doesn't matter at all, someone thinks otherwise.
    yes, there are many things that cannot be answered (only by the developers/programers of game - but don't expect such thing), so everyone has a point of view by his experience from the game.
    I rather agree with Khris, that maybe there few factors that affect the game but this is only a percent of 1-2-3% (?) so it's not easy observe this. Specially if consider the formation & orders which has a big effect in the process of the game as also a roll dice.
    My recently experience from this season was that after the star of team, my ST, Neymar, lost his form in the beginning of the season, I set as captain my 2nd best player, my AML Eder. The team is keeping winning, EDER didn't lost his form and Neymar got his form back.

I don't know if it happened when I benched him for few games or when I bought another (good performer) ST Zardel and they did a perfect duo.
    Well, that's the game

How does captaincy affect your player and team?-team-stats-day-19.jpg
    Portela likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    It's better to have a team captain and have it not matter than have not have a team captain and it does matter!

That said, from my experience I haven't noticed anything to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt that having a captain does matter. I didn't appoint a team captain until level 9, when reading a different thread on this topic.

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    I'm telling ya again, from my experience, it does, slightly, as explained
    Celtic 1888 captain...

How does captaincy affect your player and team?-25.png

Belgrade United captain... The only reason why he dropped form is number of stars and fact he is not set-piece taker anymore...

How does captaincy affect your player and team?-27.png

FK Partizan captain... The only reason why he dropped form this season is weakness of the entire team, they all dropped form... More loses than wins affect average ratings of players...

How does captaincy affect your player and team?-28.png

Borsi was named captain after I sold club's legend Djogovic at half-season 10 and that did not affect his performances...
    Last edited by Steppenwolf; 03-27-2015 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    I always chooce my best player skill wise. From the point that he has the most influence and there by also towards other players
    agreed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast