Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is 4-4-2 the best formation on the game?

Weird, but all the losses that I've suffered this season are against 4-4-2. It seems to be too good for my 4-5-1V
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Weird, but all the losses that I've suffered this season are against 4-4-2. It seems to be too good for my 4-5-1V
    4-5-1v is also my primary formation now. However, when my team face 4-4-2, I usually use a MC to replace the DMC. Actually, I only use a DMC if opponent have a AMC in place.

According to my league record, both my teams use 4-5-1v for over 30% and 4-3-2(AMR/AML)-1 for over 60% of the matches. So far so good.

But I still think both 4-4-2 and 4-5-1v are best formation for inactive teams.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    4-5-1v is also my primary formation now. However, when my team face 4-4-2, I usually use a MC to replace the DMC. Actually, I only use a DMC if opponent have a AMC in place.

According to my league record, both my teams use 4-5-1v for over 30% and 4-3-2(AMR/AML)-1 for over 60% of the matches. So far so good.

But I still think both 4-4-2 and 4-5-1v are best formation for inactive teams.
    I have always conceded first against 4-4-2, so swap the generally poor form DMC for an ST. Yes, the ST scores. I guess I'll now have to start with my previously favorite hexagon against 4-4-2
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

Every formation is strong in its own way.It also depend what quality your players have.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

I have one rival in the league who played with 4-4-2, and literally won all the home games, he beat me 2-1 and it was the only loss I had in the league, even though I dominated the game with 4-5-1V, but then the way game I challenged myself and thought I will still play with the same formation as the first game except with the right tactics, and I played on his weak points, and I won 4-2, now me and him are on top of the league with only 1 game lost and I am on top with goal difference.
    So I would say 4-4-2 is really overpowered but you can still win over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for myself against the 4-4-2 formation i either go 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1v which is best as its so versatile with a couple of arrows .for your game id go 4-5-1 defensive with long and counter on,flanks,low pressure blue arrow on Dmc red on your wingers AML/AMR like i have my team set up below,i hope this helps

Is 4-4-2 the best formation on the game?-capture.jpg

4-4-2 its very good with the right players, and as narrow diamond can surprise any team strong, but its not the best formation, I still think counter formation and right orders are the best, that's how I play for few seasons and so far it had been very successful.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I have always conceded first against 4-4-2, so swap the generally poor form DMC for an ST. Yes, the ST scores. I guess I'll now have to start with my previously favorite hexagon against 4-4-2
    I always believe 4-5-1v is the formation which places players most evenly in the field. However, after implementation of live matches, I believe that midfield have become more important area because the ball now really always passes through it. As there are 4 midfielders in 4-4-2, I prefer to push up a the DMC to MC to enhance control of midfield. As such, my formation changes from 4-5-1v to 4-3-2(AMR/AML)-1 in this situation. I am not sure if this theory is correct. But my 2 teams are really hot recently with these strategies that except 1 loss and 1 draw of my L23 team, they won all matches in all competitions.
    Arion likes this.

It's definitely not the strongest formation this season. That honour would go to 413n2. 442 is easy to beat with a short central passing formation.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    It's definitely not the strongest formation this season. That honour would go to 413n2. 442 is easy to beat with a short central passing formation.
    Now 4-1-3n-2 has weak (virtually no) wings and my fullbacks can run into the space, paired up with my wingers they'll destroy the opponent. That's why I tend to keep the fullbacks more or less balanced.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast