Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is 4-4-2 the best formation on the game?

No 4-3-3 because my league's top player is playing with this only
    also 4-1-2-2-1.....saw this formation mostly

And my league's top player never losses

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    as the England manager saying ...
    Ποσιδονας likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I always believe 4-5-1v is the formation which places players most evenly in the field. However, after implementation of live matches, I believe that midfield have become more important area because the ball now really always passes through it. As there are 4 midfielders in 4-4-2, I prefer to push up a the DMC to MC to enhance control of midfield. As such, my formation changes from 4-5-1v to 4-3-2(AMR/AML)-1 in this situation. I am not sure if this theory is correct. But my 2 teams are really hot recently with these strategies that except 1 loss and 1 draw of my L23 team, they won all matches in all competitions.
    Thank you for bringing up the 4-3-2-1 formation to my attention. (I like saying it: "4-3-2-1", go!) I won two games in a row with it. One was a close one against the team (in my league) that previously knocked me out of the Cup. They play 4-4-2. The other was against the last place team playing 4-1-3N-2. Not sure if my formation was a great match for it, but it may not have mattered based on quality difference. I passed down flanks and won easily.

Now I am up against a 4-4-1-1. Would you move one DC up for a 3W-1-3-2(AML/AMR)-1 to counter his AMC? His offense seems underpowered, but wing midfielders are a threat in any formation with right ordres. Or should I keep it simple with 4-3-2-1? The match will probably be over by the time you (or anyone) read this. It's just that since 4-3-2-1 is new to me, I want to really figure out how to use/modify it. I don't have a good feel for orders for this particular matchup, so going with mixed/mixed. I would go down the middle since he is weak there, but my strength is on the wings, so down the middle doesn't seem to make sense. Up arrows on AML, AMR (always), DL and DR (almost always). DC and DMC will have to hold the fort. Perhaps down arrow on DMC.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Addicted
    If I have 1 millions packs I will train my team to all 9 star players and play illegal formation to beat all formations LOL
    Arion and Ye Yint Htun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Thank you for bringing up the 4-3-2-1 formation to my attention. (I like saying it: "4-3-2-1", go!)
    BTW the formation is 1-4-3-2-1. The first is the one who decides then game, yet everyone forgets him.

Coming back, 4-3-2-1 is what Barça tends to play, evolving from 4-3-3, with MSN in the front. Keeping mind tiki taka, passing mixed and short, attacking and high press would be dangerous. Red arrows on fullback has been de facto on any formation. I will try it out next season.
    Last edited by Arion; 02-03-2016 at 06:35 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

What/who is MSN? This is the second time I read it today and I have no idea.

Addicted
    An Argentinian
    An Uruguayan
    A Brazilian

What/who is MSN? This is the second time I read it today and I have no idea.
    Last edited by Teda; 02-03-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teda View Post
    An Argentinian
    An Uruguayan
    A Brazilian
    Messi, someone and Neymar. Got it.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Messi, someone and Neymar. Got it.
    That someone, I guess, you know very well but don't wanna type with you fingers haha — Suarez

Mind you I'm not a Barça fan, I just like their playstyle
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234