Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Captain, oh my Captain

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Now, that we 're waiting for Amane, let's chat a little.
    Well, Gert, in another post you said that scout list players are only for a couple of seasons.
    My player Branco, in the 5th line, is the only other player I have (except Emerson) from scout-list.
    I bought him 22 y.o., it's his 4th season now, he is 6* player, q78, he is gaining over +50 in 3 bars practice and he is an excellent performer.
    So, a young scout/list player can have 4 good years, with high q (6*), maybe 5.

Also want to say, that in the beginning of the season, he had 4-5 rates of 6 in a row and I made him captain - oops, wrong, erase this,
    I started using him as DC (instead of DL) and raised his rates a lot.
    So, if your player Hernandez, is a DL/DC, you can set him as DC for a couple of games.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Sorry I couldn't be more enlightening on Ratings but its just not possible. Too many things that count are never reported.

Although if you want to play a "Guess the ratings game" then I can give full Match Reports and Full Commentary for you to play with.

The best advice is to accept the ratings as true and interpret the other information to identify if, say a GK who is 'underperforming', represents a critical issue or if its just a single silly mistake from an inactive player that is pulling back his ratings.

All I can say on those 'difficult' ratings positions is mine average:

GK, Andy Goram - 7.19 (37 games)
    DC/DMC, Alan Hansen - 7.26 (27)
    DC/DMC, Murray Wilson - 7.05 (22)
    MC, Liam Henderson - 7.14 (29)
    MC, James Morrison - 7.00 (17)
    MC, Scott Brown - 7.00 (13)
    MC Fernando Ricksen 6.94 (17)

Can't say I'm all that interested in Captain's stuff but I always have a performer there. However, today I subbed my Captain at half-time, second in command was who replaced him and all my players rated 7 or 8.

VIP
    You have some nice midfielders there Buffs... Mine are almost all pile of midfield s**t...

Too many things that count are never reported.
    Exactly, and that's the flaw of the game about the rates (at least for GKs). A management game like this, must give clues to the players, (comments, rates, stats) to figure out what moves they must do, to fix their mistakes, to develop some abilities so to get the best outcome.
    If you don't know what's wrong, how you 'll fix it
    Gert Funck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Now, that we 're waiting for Amane, let's chat a little.
    Well, Gert, in another post you said that scout list players are only for a couple of seasons.
    My player Branco, in the 5th line, is the only other player I have (except Emerson) from scout-list.
    I bought him 22 y.o., it's his 4th season now, he is 6* player, q78, he is gaining over +50 in 3 bars practice and he is an excellent performer.
    So, a young scout/list player can have 4 good years, with high q (6*), maybe 5.

Also want to say, that in the beginning of the season, he had 4-5 rates of 6 in a row and I made him captain - oops, wrong, erase this,
    I started using him as DC (instead of DL) and raised his rates a lot.
    So, if your player Hernandez, is a DL/DC, you can set him as DC for a couple of games.
    very well, I see your point on scout. (solid yes )

Let me clarify what I ment when i said 2-3 seasons.
    My pragmatic approach is from a simple cost benift analysis.
    each season there comes 18 yeared 5 star fast trainers they gain 150-170 experience from hard training not +50. In simple math that means you will need too feed him tre times the amount of green suitcases too gain the same progress.
    And here is my point and the way I rotate my team season wise. When the youth (new nordgen) are getting ahead I find them obsolite (Scouts or 22+) and sell them when I still can get them auctioned.

I will try this idea with playing a DC or DL in the near position when lacking in rating, actually I have sometimes don it because of injuries, and the engine penalty seems rater low.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Exactly, and that's the flaw of the game about the rates (at least for GKs). A management game like this, must give clues to the players, (comments, rates, stats) to figure out what moves they must do, to fix their mistakes, to develop some abilities so to get the best outcome.
    If you don't know what's wrong, how you 'll fix it
    The T11 Commentary reports around 90+ lines of comment per match, many of them are more than 1 per event - so not much room. Having a full comments list that you could choose to d/l would help but there's the data overheads, they're not currently saved and if the comment selection is embedded in the engine then that would required changed.

We'd need things like Smother, Catch, Punch, Drop, Cross not Claimed, Recovery, Interception etc etc.

Its not going to happen.

Thats why I say instead of trying to 'prove' a rating, just accept it as true and interpret what that means based on your estimation of activity and considering opportunity and expectation. The latter is important because I suspect that lower Q players are punished less in ratings for mistakes if they are so lacking in quality that they're not expected to get to stuff.

I take 6 as average/bored/neutral/nothing exceptional and add or deduct as required - 3 up, 3 down.

Since I play flanks a lot I expect my top performers to be DL, DR, AML, AMR and ST. My DMC will shine or fade because he is either critical or an extra 'safety net'. That helps me decide what ratings are problematic for my system

@ Wolfie - On midfielders I easily forgive a 6 if there are lots of fouls or infrequent bookings. Its only when an extended pattern emerges do I take action *headshot* But I'm usually ruthless with them, only this season have I went 'Nordgen' with 2 of them.

My motto with MCs is "Get them involved". Using wings = short pass, using long pass = red arrows, using def & long pass = blue arrows etc

PS I bet my ratings plummet after writing all this carp.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 04-24-2015 at 07:57 PM.

I suspect that lower Q players are punished less in ratings for mistakes if they are so lacking in quality that they're not expected to get to stuff.
    agree to that.
    Also I 've accepted the idea that there 's no place in t11 for GKs like Cech, Neuer or Casillas (ok, few years ago ).
    A great GK with rates of 8 or 9, in a very good team.

My pragmatic approach is from a simple cost benifit analysis.
    agree to that too.
    That's why I buy only one scout/list every season (avg - some seasons none, some 2). It's the gift of the sponsor to the coach
    Gert Funck likes this.

agree to that.
    Also I 've accepted the idea that there 's no place in t11 for GKs like Cech, Neuer or Casillas (ok, few years ago ).
    A great GK with rates of 8 or 9, in a very good team.
    Even Neuer won't get 8 or 9s if he's playing v crap. My GK has only had a single 9 this Season, 7x 8s. Its those bored 6s that keep his averages down a bit usually but only 2 of those this season so I just imagine that he IS actually amusing himself with some Sweeper Keeper action (outwith the comments).

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Honestly I don't think you can run a test, actually you can't run tests for quite nothing because there are to many factors from a game to another.

Nordeus answer regarding this was clearly, no bonus, no extra stats is just for design.
    Can you put a link to this answer please. I find it hard to believe that Nordeus revealed such a dagger to the heart of captain conspiracy theorists.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    The T11 Commentary reports around 90+ lines of comment per match, many of them are more than 1 per event - so not much room. Having a full comments list that you could choose to d/l would help but there's the data overheads, they're not currently saved and if the comment selection is embedded in the engine then that would required changed.

We'd need things like Smother, Catch, Punch, Drop, Cross not Claimed, Recovery, Interception etc etc.

Its not going to happen.

Thats why I say instead of trying to 'prove' a rating, just accept it as true and interpret what that means based on your estimation of activity and considering opportunity and expectation. The latter is important because I suspect that lower Q players are punished less in ratings for mistakes if they are so lacking in quality that they're not expected to get to stuff.

I take 6 as average/bored/neutral/nothing exceptional and add or deduct as required - 3 up, 3 down.

Since I play flanks a lot I expect my top performers to be DL, DR, AML, AMR and ST. My DMC will shine or fade because he is either critical or an extra 'safety net'. That helps me decide what ratings are problematic for my system

@ Wolfie - On midfielders I easily forgive a 6 if there are lots of fouls or infrequent bookings. Its only when an extended pattern emerges do I take action *headshot* But I'm usually ruthless with them, only this season have I went 'Nordgen' with 2 of them.

My motto with MCs is "Get them involved". Using wings = short pass, using long pass = red arrows, using def & long pass = blue arrows etc

PS I bet my ratings plummet after writing all this carp.
    My fav is the he is attempting a bicycle kick one because usually the next comment is the defender taking it or he is moving it to his left foot to shoot.

Usually when one attempts a bicycle kick it actually happens. you cant stop in mid-air unless you are Zlatan. Zlatan can do everything, which is why I name my whole team Zlatan.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast