Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Out of the cup already, won away 1-0 and lost at home 2-0 after my opponent bought some new players and increased his overall quality.
    Tomorrow we start the CL against the 'strangest' formation in the group. My formation still sucks and my tokens are almost out so I might just drop this season out. Will try to buy some new players when I get some more tokens. Still want to go as far as possible in the CL and league.

What have you learned from last season?

That trying to maintain a full 22 man squad takes too much away from my core players to be feasible with my goals and budget

Where did you place last season?

Won league for 3rd time out of 4.
    Won 1st ever Champions League after losing 2 straight finals.
    Lost in playoff round of cup to the eventual runners up 4 lvls above me.

What's your current level?

Lvl 6 elect (5 in all seriousness, but it will be a while before there is any chance of not promoting, if that day comes)

What's your budget for this season?
    Not sure I know the answer yet. I spent $60M on 5 new players but recouped more than half from player sales. In terms of investment about $30M

In terms of tokens, somewhere around 500. It grows as the season goes on so that is just a ballpark. Initial investment of around 350-400T. I love that Verizon lets me add most of it to my bill. Flies under the radar better

For those that whine about token buyers. For the first few seasons I barely had to buy any. There are a lot of ways to get free or cheap tokens such as free trials you can cancel etc. On the moral subject......This is football, people whine about Abromovich and Man City's oil money, PSG, etc. Go tell the Nord gods that the lack of FFP is making you go bankrupt chasing us, see if they agree with UEFA lol.

I have already suggested that there should be token incentives for winning more. This would actually reward those who win in spite of budget restrictions to some extent and also give more incentives to compete for the rest of us. Tanking is sad.

I had one team in my lvl 4 league that seriously scored 2 goals last season and conceded over 200. I beat them 28-0 in the two matches. I didn't enjoy that as much as I should. I also hate that the damn game made one opp forfeit from roster issues, just auto add 2* players until the roster is legal and play the damn game, it hurt my players stats :P

Who do you want to replace?

Already did that. I replaced my FB's and GK as well as my reserve attacking mids. Although the 3 replaced starters are still on the squad at present. Some will stay regardless, one in particular (LB) depends on the success of his projected replacement. Not looking good for the oldest player on the roster as the 18 yr old Nordgen newcomer had a terrific debut.

What are your goals for this season?

Advance further in the cup. After winning it the first 2 seasons it got very difficult given that I don't want to tear down my roster for cup draws. Last season I improved by 1 round, my goal this season is at minimum the last 16.

Winning the league and Champions league are an expectation every season, not a goal.
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 05-04-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post

For those that whine about token buyers. For the first few seasons I barely had to buy any. There are a lot of ways to get free or cheap tokens such as free trials you can cancel etc. On the moral subject......This is football, people whine about Abromovich and Man City's oil money, PSG, etc. Go tell the Nord gods that the lack of FFP is making you go bankrupt chasing us, see if they agree with UEFA lol.
    Bottom line is, if this game didn't have users who paid to get tokens then the game would quickly disappear - as those that have created it and maintain it do it to make money. Whilst some may moan about token buyers, they make the game work for the rest of us that play it for free.

At the same time, its due to those that pay to play the game that others like me are able to farm, as advertisers see money in this game so put offers on for their content. My tokens have all come from farming, which is only available due to these advertisers, who are only here because some people pay money.

I personally wouldn't pay for tokens, but each to their own. If no one did then we wouldn't have a game to play and no one would be able to farm tokens.

Spam:

So my server must be fast asleep, because I just scored this speciment for only one token Sweet
    Season 66 - Week 4-server-sleeping.jpg
    any one ready for negotiations .. muhaha

To all you frustrated higher level managers, with pocketpain.
    The budget, although tough, can be managed

Season 66 - Week 4-budget.jpg
    But not only by the main budget (steady inncome: danish word )?
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-05-2015 at 06:05 AM.
    pcmacdaniel and nikolgiorgos like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

the cup
    Season 66 - Week 4-3-.png
    the team now has 1 place for a new GK 154Q, 1pt more current GK have 1vs 1 SA and he would be sold. it's almost 2 years that we have a team with more than 15 SA player.
    Season 66 - Week 4-3.jpg

the strike are full this season with 5 strike in great form

H. Gamara: 25yo score 46 goals last season, 246 goals in total career
    Corna: 23 yo socre 40 goals last season, more than 10 MOTM
    Vasquer: experienced, 29yo, more than 100 goals in 9x matche in his previous club.
    Cajourio: 21 yo, score 2 in last game more than 1.5 goals per matches in friendly
    Simov: 20yo best player last game, more than 1.5 goals per matches in friendly
    Last edited by tongly45; 05-05-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    Gert Funck and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Not ready. Thought I'd get up first couple of days for 4 new players but when it came to the crunch the Duvet won.

Only 4 out of last seasons friends promoted so I had to add 4 more in the last week. All made it, including the 2 sides that beat me in the Cup and CL. Its going to be another tight one I think

Didn't buy any players before Cup ties so went with 11 I had, no wingers.

Crapped myself in 1st leg playing 4* side - after 10 mins I was 1 down, it was 1 way traffic and I thought "I'll be 4 down by HT at this rate". Thankfully I was wrong. In 2nd half I thought "I could play all day and not score", thankfully I was wrong again and we trolled 1 in 89th minute.

In the 2nd leg I bought another hoped for "1 Season Wonder" MC - 4-0 up at HT, did 3 subs and left - final score 5-1. Opposition Manager attended both and I imagine he was really pissed off by his unlucky Cup draw. O.o

Looks like the 3 Stooges are finally making a significant impact - this is the 4th Season I've had a level 16 Cup having been in a Level 16 Cup at level 12.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-05-2015 at 11:01 AM.

VIP
    Season 66 - Week 4-fkp7.png

Two players sold for tokens, flop Jakšić for 5T and good defender Storgaard for 1T...

Season 66 - Week 4-4.png

Season 66 - Week 4-5.png

champions League 1st round:
    ND is always risky. must take an eyes in every game

Season 66 - Week 4-3c.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-3-b.png
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

welcome to wierd formations:
    Season 66 - Week 4-formation.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    welcome to wierd formations:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formation.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	44298
    That formation is known as "I don't know what I am doing"...
    Gert Funck and pcmacdaniel like this.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast