Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

League: Buffs FC close the Season out with a 3-0 win but finish second. MC Forrest really settled into the DMC role, scoring a solo effort early on and rating 8.

(Think I might make an MC/DMC next season if I find a suitable candidate.)

Although the Leader took an early lead in his "Avoid the Troll" match he was pressured by the Engine - 2 bookings and 2 injuries raised concerns - but 2 further goals in the last 10 mins secured the title.

8 draws for the Buffs were too many but the Leader also beat us away so credit to him and his team.

Afterwards Buffs Mad said, "It is disappointing due to the early season start we had but we won the CL undefeated, conceding only 2 goals; and bought a Cup win, undefeated and scoring 44 goals. Only 1 loss all season but it was a crucial one."

Now we must decide whether there are other teams to add to next Season's League - the top Q all Scout Market team in the CL rejected our advances, there is no-one in the Cup worthy. We have a request from a decent looking team but the Manager's name is suspiciously like an existing promoted league team (that just scraped into promotion spot)....need to consider it.

So looks like we'll just go with same teams we have + other randoms and any other friends that didn't promote.

Rookie
    We kept our undefeated record in the league this season, with our hardest win of the season against 2nd place Hasan FC. B9oth managers were present so we had a small advantage with our attendance.

We changed our formation slightly due to the opponents tactics, moving from a 3W-2-1-2W-1, to a more solid 4-1-2-2W-1, and it nearly backfired for us. Hasan dominated and went 0-1 up early in the second half. We responded by changing the formation to 4-1-1-3-1, and hit back to take a 2-1 lead within 10 minutes of going behind. But Hasan responded with a quick goal 2 minutes later.

There was time for some more drama when we clinched victory through AML, Thenu. But it didn't end there. Star player and top scorer for the season with 46 league goals to his name was hacked down inside Hasan's penalty area and had to be taken off injured (4 days). Our DMC, Dudiev stepped up to take the penalty as both regular penalty takers were off the field. His penalty was saved, then our MC, Donnelly was sent off, before Hasan went down the other end and had a great opportunity from a corner to clinch a draw, but our defence held on to the 3 points and undefeated record.

Season 66 - Week 4-image.jpg

2 goals conceded today was the most we have conceded all season, and it pushed us over the 10 conceded mark which annoyed me. Gozalbo has obviously been the stand out player for my team, but I have to give credit to the defenders who played most games, especially our academy product, Smyth, a DC, who has gained a star every season.

Very happy with the final league table and top player standings.

Gozalbo narrowly missed out on being top player in all three stars, but happy for our striker and second top scorer Le Guen (17 goals) to be joint top of the assists chart.

We need to sign a new goalkeeper to backup our regular starter, our sub keeper, although he is 5* is now 30, so I think it's time to sell him.
    Other than that, we will keep promoting from our academy and buy where we need to buy, but we haven't bought any player this season and our average age is still only less than 24.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieV14 View Post
    We kept our undefeated record in the league this season
    Where is the achievement? I guess I will never get
    StevieV14 and Cat Harrison like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    The only people who get the undefeated award will be those lucky enough to avoid the Troll...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Addicted
    Gert, I find that this achievement is relatively easy at the lower levels but the higher you get the harder it is. My higher level teams have no chance of getting this but my level 5 and 6 teams have both got it.
    talisman and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    The only people who get the undefeated award will be those lucky enough to avoid the Troll...
    I am afraid of the Trolls

Season 66 - Week 4-download.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-images-1-.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-images-2-.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-images.jpg

I always meet them at vital games

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    Incredibly difficult. I had only started to think about it properly and go for it with about 6 games to go because it became realistic.

Even last season, the league winner had 25 wins out of 25, and lost the last game to like the 9/10th team in the league. I suppose I was lucky the last few games because I played against 5th/3rd and 2nd so they were at least active/not trolls. I doubt if I'll ever be able to get it again.

Addicted
    As expected 2nd beat 3rd and end of season is:
    Season 66 - Week 4-league.jpg
    Sad thing is that the only team to beat me was KRP and I was trolled, compare them to me (and they somehow scored 101 goals and had an amazing record.
    Season 66 - Week 4-trolled.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-us.jpg

Season 66 - Week 4-lobo_wall_street_att_16012014_2.jpg

Famous
    this my season end:
    1st in league, undefeated again
    2nd in CL, trolled again
    3rd in cup, trolled again of course

and almost "treble" ratings

Season 66 - Week 4-4thend.jpg

good luck in next season guys!

edit:
    Rojas: ST
    Moore: 1v1-ST
    Baal: FK-MC
    Luzardi: SS-AMC
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 05-30-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast