Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A few questions. Hope someone can help :)

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    I wouldn't buy anyone in the final week of the season unless:
    A: I am not promoting
    B: I am fighting for a critical position in the standings (1st or 4th) and I need this player to help me get over the top
    C: It's a 18-19 yr old I really could use next season that I can easily power train up.
    D: It's a player I can use as a flex even at 3/4 stars. (Example: Guy plays 2 or 3 useful position and has a useful ability)
    So true

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    At early levels, yeah. But later on when the market isn't so easy to get good players you might find the Academy more useful.
    I have several of my home grown players on my team. They are good players with consistent ratings, and fast trainers.
    Around what level did you start getting players who were worth the investment?
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    I wouldn't buy anyone in the final week of the season unless:
    A: I am not promoting
    B: I am fighting for a critical position in the standings (1st or 4th) and I need this player to help me get over the top
    C: It's a 18-19 yr old I really could use next season that I can easily power train up.
    D: It's a player I can use as a flex even at 3/4 stars. (Example: Guy plays 2 or 3 useful position and has a useful ability)
    I think that the late season is a pretty good time to be opportunistic with 18 year olds, especially when the server offers a load of fast trainers that you guys like calling Nordgens. They cost more money, but they gain in quality fast and there is little competition for them, saving tokens.

Half my starters fit that description and they cost 1-2 token.

I'm surprised that few people bid for them. Afraid of spending in-game cash for players who generally pay off and make you earn more money later?
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    I'm level 12 and have never even thought of it. And many of my friends who are up to level 20 would say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    I am level 30, and I still can't see any advantages in buying academy players. I would rather buy a 4 star youngster at auction for a few tokens if i couldn't find a 5*. if they are high valued they are just as fast trainers
    Buffs Mad likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

So value of a player also shows is he a fast learner?

Quote Originally Posted by Victusify View Post
    Yes, if you watch auction:

two 18 yeared 5* players in ex level 1 can cost between 800k an 2,5M, the latter will then be the fast trainer, with up to 170 point with three bars training.

They are also the most popular, so there is always a risk off insane bidding wars (seen go over 100 rounds)
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-29-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

As Gert said

Here's a useful guide to the highest values. Its based on values seen so you don't need to wait for the exact value. In addition remember that the Max values given are for players within 1Q of 6* so just adjust accordingly for x3Q or x8Q etc

http://forum.topeleven.com/groups/of...ue-market.html

100...? ****...I've never seen 30tokens at once at one account and you throw 100? That's scary... .-.

And also means I can forget about top tier players...~~
    Gert Funck likes this.

1. How exactly youth academy works? I couldn't find much info on wiki. I mean, what determines their skills besides level of youth academy's level, what are chances to land a good player, what you usually do with players from them and can I just sign them when they appear, or I have to pay tokens for them?

Excellent. LOL
    I've bought some MC's and ST's and too that as substitutes did a excellent job, too I had a ST called Zumalakarregui that was probably the best I've never had.
    Usually I use in my usual 11 Nordgens or Scouts, and I waste tokens to change their names, in the case of the academy players I keep their name.
    I too remember a young academy player called Pizarro, that in the 3rd season, in the last macth scored in the minute 87' to put our team in 3rd position. (we had 5th position before this goal)
    So I really think that all players are exactly the same, scouts, nordgens, academy... the "base" is the same, maybe Nordgens will train faster usually and Scouts have the stars to show you at max level what they can do, but all players have internal % of efectiveness and only proving a player one can see if is worth or not, it doesn't matter is is Scout and costs 50T, Nodgen, or academy, in all cases after prove the player one can see if is worth or an epic fail.

2. How big difference it is in-game between players with skills - for example - Q24 and Q29? For example, I have a GK with Q24 - will it be big improvement if I buy Q29 GK?
    Not a lot, a Ive said alwais all is internal programming. I too defend that a player show the 100% that he/she can do with 5/6 stars.
    Players have a internal % "base" for example in shooting, lets say to explain it, that a player with 4* scores the 18% and is programmed to have a max of 30% of efectiveness winning with 6*
    So if you train this player of 4* to 6* he will win this +, but then he will stop. I say that because I've used some 9* players and I see a limit in the contribution that they give you, thats not a ; player of +20 levels can score you 15 goals, there's a limit.
    So, the +4 of quality that you say is not a lot of differance.

3. What SA Shadow Striker gives? I mean, it boosts shooting or what?
    I had lots of SA's but this SA is one that I never proved, so I don't know exactly what gives you LOL

4. When merchandise/food stands on stadium give good profit? For now I have lvl 2 and I get like 500-700$ per game from it.
    Yes, and think that in friendly matches too gives you a good amount.

5. Is there something I can do if I did an offer for tokens and I didn't receive them, besides writing a message through help section on sponsor's page? I sent quite a few of them and didn't even receive a reply...
    I don't know/don't use these type of offers lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast