Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nordgen players must be youth?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Nordgen and scout/list players are the best investment for a competitive team.
    I prefer nordgen because first you try and then you buy.
    With scouts and T academy players it's the opposite
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Good response, we are on the same page and the answer (from my perspective) is: who knows.

I so far have bought 4 scouts. 2 of them are 1 point below 7stars and they are great in league and pretty good in CL, not good in cup performance.

Other 2 are 2 points below 7 stars and they are really bad, no need to talk about them.

I did this not only to use them but also want to explore something. You are right, depends on the ambition I have, which is a triple, I think I should stay with Nordgens and bet on luck, instead of buying scouts then get frustrated.

Like I repeated before, I just want to share some experiences I have so far, just in case other people repeat the lessons that I have learned.

Thank you all for all responses, I am ready to go for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Its a difficult balance. Scout market purchases come with higher stats out of the box and an SA. They will however decline over the seasons without extra resources.

Young fast training NordGens (or NordGems ) come off the market with lower stats but can improve quickly with extra resources and will maintain that for longer.

Performance will obviously be the key. But one issue is if you can get NordGems cheaply they are more disposable so can be tested and sold if not up to the job, not so easy for Scouts and so you'll find yourself managing their form more.

I've used Scout Market players before and thought of them as Impact Players. My best MC ever was a Scout purchase but lasted only 4 Seasons. I have a NordGem MC atm without SA and he seems equally good and will last longer for no extra cost....or not, who knows.

For me, the changes to the cost, Q and Skill Distribution reduced the advantage of them. I see them as a luxury item but atm its not a luxury I'd go for. For some they might still be considered a good option.

But it really depends where your pitching your team, your ambitions and expectations. It also depends on Token budget.

PS. I've saved a copy of a CL SF match of a team with 4 seasons worth of Scouts in it should I ever need reminding that Scout Market is not the answer to everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123