Same experience, 1v1 GK allows goals that seem like "surely that was 1v1?"

However, I think it's a matter of goal type and the ability being more specific than the animations. Example: that GK was most often beat in 2 ways, down a flank from a pass slipped past my defensive line (which looks like a 1v1 from a flank) and from corner kicks. Despite the appearance of the first, if you check the "Wing Attack" training, you might guess that aerial reach or punching is the relevant skill for those 2 types of attack, which happen to be low for that GK.

He does very well with rushing out, which I think was clearest indication of where 1v1 factors in.

GK is another mystery, but I think we could pair GK skills with the right skills and formation for defenders. I will guess GK vs Defenders "you can't have one without the other", to get high rating for the whole defence and have them do best, it needs to be the right combination, and the right set up for opposing attack.

I have AM comment "very good game for our GK" when he has 3 saves, and played below 7 rating. Hints there is a connection between GK and defenders (communication, concentration? Positioning, marking?)